Author Topic: Going to Rehab  (Read 6437 times)

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
Re: Going to Rehab
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2008, 04:51:46 PM »
well When I look back on my life, all the bad decisions I've made, all the stupid things I've done I have always been under the influence.

This past year as a result of my drinking I lost my finace, friends, family, and lots of $. Enough is enough.
shotgun on the team

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2008, 04:57:09 PM »
it wont come immidietly, it will take time, but eventually, if you allow it, you will be just as happy sober as you EVER were when you were drunk. give it time.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2008, 05:14:32 PM »
it wont come immidietly, it will take time, but eventually, if you allow it, you will be just as happy sober as you EVER were when you were drunk. give it time.
;)

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  Frank Sinatra

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »
;)

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  Frank Sinatra

lol.. frank..  i understand that kind of thinking... what he doesnt realize is that he is living a sub par life all day to only live a normal life once he gets drunk...

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2008, 06:06:01 PM »
 ALL OF THE BEST.
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2008, 06:13:04 PM »
thanks for all the kind words guys.
shotgun on the team

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2008, 06:22:33 PM »
best of luck

my grandpa died of sirrosis.... :'(

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2008, 06:30:42 PM »
I never understood the whole "rehab" thing.  If you want to quit drinking, just quit.  Like someone else said, if I drank as much as you in a day, I'd probably feel like shit for two days and wouldn't drink for a week or two at least.  Having four or five drinks and catching a buzz is one thing, alcoholic-type "drinking" I just don't get.

Anyway, good luck.  If you fail, we will add you to the "your lack of willpower is sickening!" thread.
Dont be close minded. you have not experienced all things that can be experienced. you dont just JUMP INTO an addiction. it progresses. and 98% of people can not just 'quit' a TRUE addiction on there own.     its not as simple as just = stop performing the action. you have to fix the reason behind why you are abusing whatever your abusing.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2008, 06:52:45 PM »
I never understood the whole "rehab" thing.  If you want to quit drinking, just quit.  Like someone else said, if I drank as much as you in a day, I'd probably feel like shit for two days and wouldn't drink for a week or two at least.  Having four or five drinks and catching a buzz is one thing, alcoholic-type "drinking" I just don't get.

Anyway, good luck.  If you fail, we will add you to the "your lack of willpower is sickening!" thread.

click the link man, this place im going to is like a spa.. I can take my laptop so I can keep my job and theres a gym...
shotgun on the team

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2008, 06:54:47 PM »
I'm not really sure why this was sent to the "Religion" board. ???

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2008, 07:08:10 PM »
I never understood how one can get addicted to booze. I feel absolutely miserable for days when I had too much. How does it work to get addicted? Serious question.

it is physically addictive, aburptly stopping long term alcohol consumption can cause grand mal seizures. Its actions on the gabaergic system are probably the main reason

ANTABUSE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2008, 05:11:02 AM »
I'm not really sure why this was sent to the "Religion" board. ???

If at all, it should probably go to the Injury & Rehab board.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2008, 05:21:06 AM »
Maybe because they use the "12 step method", which involves belief and and prayer to God.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2008, 05:22:00 AM »
Spirituality as a cure for alcoholism

"Carl Gustav Jung (IPA: [ˈkarl ˈgʊstaf ˈjʊŋ]) (July 26, 1875, Kesswil – June 6, 1961, Küsnacht) was a Swiss psychiatrist, influential thinker, and founder of analytical psychology."

"Jung's influence can sometimes be found in more unexpected quarters. For example, Jung once treated an American patient (Rowland H.) suffering from chronic alcoholism. After working with the patient for some time, and achieving no significant progress, Jung told the man that his alcoholic condition was near to hopeless, save only the possibility of a spiritual experience. Jung noted that occasionally such experiences had been known to reform alcoholics where all else had failed.

Rowland took Jung's advice seriously and set about seeking a personal spiritual experience. He returned home to the United States and joined a Christian evangelical church. He also told other alcoholics what Jung had told him about the importance of a spiritual experience. One of the alcoholics he told was Ebby Thatcher, a long-time friend and drinking buddy of Bill Wilson, later co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Thatcher told Wilson about Jung's ideas. Wilson, who was finding it impossible to maintain sobriety, was impressed and sought out his own spiritual experience. The influence of Jung thus indirectly found its way into the formation of Alcoholics Anonymous, the original 12-step program, and from there into the whole 12-step recovery movement, although AA as a whole is not Jungian and Jung had no role in the formation of that approach or the 12 steps."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jung#Spirituality_as_a_cure_for_alcoholism

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2008, 05:35:55 AM »
well When I look back on my life, all the bad decisions I've made, all the stupid things I've done I have always been under the influence.

This past year as a result of my drinking I lost my finace, friends, family, and lots of $. Enough is enough.

This kind of shit got me to quit, all the fucking regret. Either I would regret some shit that I did, or I couldn't even remember what I did ( although I was always reminded later ).

It takes BALLS to quit drinking, especially if all your friends do. You just have to fill that time up with something else or it just won't work. This is actually how I got into weightlifting.

Anyway, good luck to you, man. You are making the right move.
G