Author Topic: Awesome Paul Dillett  (Read 21873 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Awesome Paul Dillett
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2008, 10:02:35 AM »
if he so desired could have been 300-315 pounds ripped

no way. he was barely over 300lbs in the off season.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
if he so desired could have been 300-315 pounds ripped. without the gut that Ronnie displayed.

I guess he just didn't desire to be 300-315 with a small waist, and instead settled for 275-280?  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2008, 10:09:40 AM »

no way. he was barely over 300lbs in the off season.

305 pounds

I guess he just didn't desire to be 300-315 with a small waist, and instead settled for 275-280?  ::)

gee, you are smart. He DIDN'T need to be 300+ pounds. Because Dorian wasn't bigger than he was, hence there was no desire to be that big. Ronnie pushed the envelope waaay past Dorian's size. Plus Marcus Ruhl came on the scene as well.  After Dillett won the NOC, if he so desired to seize the O he would A) have to gain major pounds. B) get his back up. C) practice on posing, and figure out how to do a proper lat spread. 

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2008, 10:12:28 AM »
When I was at Golds Venice back wehn Paul Dillett was competing, I clearly remember standing there when he got on the digital scale.  I was soooo curious as to what he weighed.  It was offseason, and I clearly remember the readout---305 pounds.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2008, 10:12:43 AM »
305 pounds

gee, you are smart. He DIDN'T need to be 300+ pounds. Because Dorian wasn't bigger than he was, hence there was no desire to be that big. Ronnie pushed the envelope waaay past Dorian's size. Plus Marcus Ruhl came on the scene as well.  After Dillett won the NOC, if he so desired to seize the O he would A) have to gain major pounds. B) get his back up. C) practice on posing, and figure out how to do a proper lat spread. 

So now you're saying he didn't desire to win the Mr. Olympia?   ::)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2008, 10:14:53 AM »
It shows that Paul, if he so desired could have been 300-315 pounds ripped. without the gut that Ronnie displayed.

Dont know bout the gut, but agree that he couldve improved. Wolda been a scary, very scary sight, though...

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2008, 10:23:03 AM »
Dillet was very wide, but in some poses he didnt hold right he looked kind of narrow...some times in his hands claped mm he would look insane but would bring his shoulders real close almost covering his pecs...but his actual bone structure was obviously very wide.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2008, 10:27:15 AM »
So now you're saying he didn't desire to win the Mr. Olympia?   ::)

When he won the NOC over Dex Jackson and Rhul, he said he was just there to guest pose. He wasn't in his best condition. And it was a very controversial win. He also had really bad rotator cuff problems (you did know this didn't you?). The Doctors had told him that he had no cartilage in his shoulders, it was bone on bone. So he was at end of his career, so there was no need to or desire to win the O, especially when Ronnie had it on lock. It would have been too much for his body to handle---and for what, it well known at that time, that sitting Mr. O keep winning.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2008, 10:40:03 AM »
When he won the NOC over Dex Jackson and Rhul, he said he was just there to guest pose. He wasn't in his best condition. And it was a very controversial win. He also had really bad rotator cuff problems (you did know this didn't you?). The Doctors had told him that he had no cartilage in his shoulders, it was bone on bone. So he was at end of his career, so there was no need to or desire to win the O, especially when Ronnie had it on lock. It would have been too much for his body to handle---and for what, it well known at that time, that sitting Mr. O keep winning.

Maybe I just misunderstood your choice of words.  Any top tier IFBB pro "desires" to win the Mr. Olympia. 

If he could easily compete at 300-315 what stopped him from achieving that before his rotator cuff problems?  Keep in mind you're talking about an extra 25-40 lbs of muscle that he simply refused due to lack of desire - just sounds too unrealistic IMO.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2008, 11:31:19 AM »
Maybe I just misunderstood your choice of words.  Any top tier IFBB pro "desires" to win the Mr. Olympia. 

If he could easily compete at 300-315 what stopped him from achieving that before his rotator cuff problems?  Keep in mind you're talking about an extra 25-40 lbs of muscle that he simply refused due to lack of desire - just sounds too unrealistic IMO.

He's had multiple surgeries on his shoulders from mid 90's on. In the BFTO 98 he looked dead on...but he f-upped. His back detailed was lacking, and he couldn't pose worth a dime--if he chose to, he could have fixed these first, but he didn't. I never really saw the fire in his eye. I think that he really wanted to play football-he used to play in the CFL, I think bodybuilding was something to do