Author Topic: Pimples.... help!  (Read 13167 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Pimples.... help!
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2008, 04:35:43 PM »
As you may know, about 3 weeks ago I stopped spending a ton of time arguing politics, and started focusing upon working out.  I've been training about an hour each day, 5 days per week.  I've also been doing cardio 4 times per week.  My protein has increased to about 300 to 350 grams. 

I'm getting a lot of acne suddenly. 

I had bad acne as a kid, when I was a wrestler and worked out 4-6 days per week.  I stopped working out at 19 or 20, and was fine for a long time.  Zero pimples for about a decade.  Suddenly, I'm working out every day consistently, and it's coming back just like it did when I was 16.

What can I do to solve this?  mostly back and shoulders, but some on face and scalp as well.  I thought it might have been an allergic reaction to something, but it came like clockwork with the nonstop working out (i used to train 3 days per week and no cardio).  I shower immediately after working out, and in the morning and night.  It doesn't seem like a cleanliness thing - skin just keeps producing oil all of a sudden.  Help!

im glad to hear your finally eating like a man and taking this seriously ! give it some time, you will not be dissapointed with your decision to eat more protein.

for your acne, try some benadryl at night. 25mg diphenhydramine.  this came from Overload, and it works really well. also, try to find saome 'cetaphil' cleanser. its amazing stuff and really helps the pores but doesnt irritate them either. most of the over the coutner stuff is counter productive and irritates yoru skin more than ithelps.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2008, 04:39:11 PM »
First cycle, Rob? For someone with so much time invested in the sport of bodybuilding, I would expect you to have at least done some research.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »
in all seriousness I don't see ANY benefit from consuming over 150 grams for ANYBODY
you're acne is probably from the over consumption of protein
your body can't handle that much
cut your protein to 100 grams and see what happens
that's all you need

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2008, 04:42:07 PM »
First cycle, Rob? For someone with so much time invested in the sport of bodybuilding, I would expect you to have at least done some research.

No cycle for me.  i'd go to a doc and get a script if I wanted to go that route, and I'd be using a gimmic to ask that Q if that were the case.  Once I post new pics, you'll see I'm still very natural, albeit a bit improved, hopefully.

Just trying to figure out what specific factor changed in the last 3 weeks to cause this to happen all of a sudden.  It's nothing major, but I want to stop it while it's a small problem.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2008, 04:44:47 PM »
in all seriousness I don't see ANY benefit from consuming over 150 grams for ANYBODY
you're acne is probably from the over consumption of protein
your body can't handle that much
cut your protein to 100 grams and see what happens
that's all you need
the body uses protein for more than just to build muscle. not only that, but your body has a naturally occuring process of protein breakdown/protein synthesis. sedentary individuals should consume about 1.5-2 g per kg of lean bodyweight per day just to maintain optimal health.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 04:50:20 PM »
the body uses protein for more than just to build muscle. not only that, but your body has a naturally occuring process of protein breakdown/protein synthesis. sedentary individuals should consume about 1.5-2 g per kg of lean bodyweight per day just to maintain optimal health.
ok, then explain all the jacked up prisoners who get maybe 50 grams of shit quality protein
explain the people who don't eat any protein, they are still alive, last I checked
explain how people survive only on rice...for all their life
I hate you god damn protein pushers
when I first started a year ago I was getting barely 40 grams per day, I didn't DIE  ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 04:51:57 PM »
yeah, i know some people who dont eat any fruits or vegetables either and they are still living.  ;)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 04:52:31 PM »
yo candizzle, you do know that there is only 100 grams of protein in 1 pound of muscle right?
100 grams in 1 pound of muscle
how many pounds of muscle does a person put on a year?
5?
500 extra grams in an entire year?
....that's what I thought  ;)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2008, 04:54:15 PM »
yeah, i know some people who dont eat any fruits or vegetables either and they are still living.  ;)
I don't eat fruits and vegetables........
who does?
seriously you think everybody gets an apple a day everyday?
my diet consists of icecream, burgers, lots of chocolate, chocolate milk, cookies and pizza....maybe 2 cans of tuna?
eating "clean" is for people who enjoy torturing themselves

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »

naturally occuring process of protein breakdown. look it up.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2008, 04:58:20 PM »
naturally occuring process of protein breakdown. look it up.

I don't need to "look it up"  ::)
it's called protein turnover
your body is constantly breaking down and rebuilding protein
and 150 is more than enough for ANYBODY to survive on
to build muscle on
Lou Ferrigno gets less than 150 grams a day, he looks he lifts some weights  :D
you never answered this

yo candizzle, you do know that there is only 100 grams of protein in 1 pound of muscle right?
100 grams in 1 pound of muscle
how many pounds of muscle does a person put on a year?
5?
500 extra grams in an entire year?
....that's what I thought  ;)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2008, 04:59:24 PM »
I don't eat fruits and vegetables........
who does?
seriously you think everybody gets an apple a day everyday?
my diet consists of icecream, burgers, lots of chocolate, chocolate milk, cookies and pizza....maybe 2 cans of tuna?
eating "clean" is for people who enjoy torturing themselves

I'll give you till 35 before you have a bypass with a diet like that.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2008, 05:05:01 PM »
I'll give you till 35 before you have a bypass with a diet like that.
oh yeah with my single digit bodyfat levels
and cholesterol 30 points below "acceptable"
I should be worried
not all these obese members of getbig  ::)
who are fat with high cholesterol and all they eat is chicken and rice

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2008, 05:08:31 PM »
oh yeah with my single digit bodyfat levels
and cholesterol 30 points below "acceptable"
I should be worried
not all these obese members of getbig  ::)
who are fat with high cholesterol and all they eat is chicken and rice

Doesn't matter what you are now.  You'll get older and all that shit food going into you body will rear it's ugly head down the road.  Just because you work out and exercise doesn't negate a shitty diet.  You put bad fuel in and you're going to get a congested engine, it's a fact.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »
Doesn't matter what you are now.  You'll get older and all that shit food going into you body will rear it's ugly head down the road.  Just because you work out and exercise doesn't negate a shitty diet.  You put bad fuel in and you're going to get a congested engine, it's a fact.
50 years from now I'll still have single digit bodyfat levels
this isn't my "job" like shawn ray...this is my life style
there is no "good food" or "bad food"
do you think your body knows the difference between fat from salmon and fat from a cheeseburger?
you think it knows the difference between carbs from rice or pizza?
nope, it just burns it all up
trust me, I know more than 99% of people on here
except for steroids...I don't know jack shit about steroid usage or drugs in bodybuilding
which is not a bad thing, I'd like to still be alive and grow old, keep my balls, have kids, not screw up my liver, my heart, kidneys, you know all that good stuff  ::)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2008, 05:20:56 PM »
do you think your body knows the difference between fat from salmon and fat from a cheeseburger?
except for steroids...I don't know jack shit about steroid usage or drugs in bodybuilding
which is not a bad thing, I'd like to still be alive and grow old, keep my balls, have kids, not screw up my liver, my heart, kidneys, you know all that good stuff  ::)

Sure buddy, I'm not trying to be dick, just trying to look out.  Live your life and be happy, whatever floats your boat

ASJChaotic

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2008, 05:27:05 PM »
Sure buddy, I'm not trying to be dick, just trying to look out.  Live your life and be happy, whatever floats your boat
I appreciate your concern
however we should all be worried about Johnny Falcon and keep him in our prayers  :-\

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2008, 05:34:43 PM »
I appreciate your concern
however we should all be worried about Johnny Falcon and keep him in our prayers  :-\

Haha, true, I wonder what the hell happened to that kid.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2008, 05:39:37 PM »
hey 240
i find when i raise my protein i break out too

try to watch the amount and type of carbs in your diet-if u eat a lot of carbs that will lead to large insulin release which will cause your glands to secrete and pimples will form

if youre not already begin taking essential fatty acids...3000 mg fish oil 3X a day and 1300mg evening primrose oil 2x a day-lots of times if your omega ratios are off pimples will occur

try to avoid sugars high gi carbs canola oil sushi seaweed and vegetable oils-i find those really trigger acne for me

also i really advise u to get
PERSA GEL BENZOIL PEROXIDE CREAM AND PURPOSE BAR SOAP-WASH YOUR FACE WITH THE SOAP IN MORNING AND BEFORE BED AND APPLY TONS OF THE BENZOIL PEROXIDE ON YOUR FACE BEFORE BED AND LEAVE ON OVERNIGHT
IN THE SHOWER BEFORE GETTING OUT TURN THE WATER TO SCALDING HOT, THEN FREEZING COLD, AND REPEAT CYCLE FEW TIMES...THAT WILL HELP BLOOD FLOW IN FACE

also try to increase the amount of good fats in your diet-cashews salmon omega 3 eggs yolks

BOTTOM LINE IS THAT ACNE IS RELATED TO INSULIN IN YOUR DIET---CARBS AND SUGARS
CONTROL INSULIN AND U WILL CONTROL YOUR ACNE
ONE OF THE REASONS I LOVE DAVE PALUMBOS DIET FOR CUTTING IS THAT IT MAKES INSULIN DORMANT AND ACNE CLEARS RIGHT UP
w

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2008, 05:40:30 PM »
Just curious 240, why are you eating anywhere NEAR that much protein? You are natural I assume? Under the BEST possible circumstances, you can maybe gain 3-5 lbs of 100% pure muscle in a year, and at least give your body a break. Excess "anything" (fat, protein, carbs) will result in fat gain. Your body doesnt just 'get rid' of the extra calories...

I used to do that also, eat about 300g's a day. How is your carb intake? Id recommend a much higher ratio of carbs and fats, if not for anything else but energy.

There is a great article ill try to find for you, it explains "why" excess protein is not worth it.
::)  ::)  ::)

maybe for an experienced natural.
epicly bad genetics on this board.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2008, 05:43:30 PM »
240-if you search on the steroid board, guys are takig a benadryl a night and getting rid of their acne.
also, are you showering after every workout? i notice i get a little acne if i dont shower after sweating.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2008, 05:54:15 PM »

BWABABAAAAWAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!! ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2008, 05:55:00 PM »
this is really good advice, and I appreciate it greatly.

This is my 2nd day on benadryl.
yesterday I fried the pimple with alcohol and Persa-Gel, and it looked like shit.

Today I spent 90 minutes in the sun, used a little neosporin to fix the cut skin (I tried to pop it, but it is still below the skin).  It's about 1/3 of the size it was 2 days ago, and about to break the skin so I can finally break this bitch.

I'm going to keep on the benadryl, and really start getting more sun.  Thanks a ton.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »
go a head bring up a topic that you know more than I do chaos
anything?  ::)
How about lifting weights you skinny bottom bitch? LOL. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ASJChaotic

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008, 06:03:48 PM »