Author Topic: Why I got off the juice ?  (Read 4870 times)

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
Re: Why I got off the juice ?
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2008, 11:30:59 PM »
It was 21yrs and 2 months ago that I stopped useing the juice. I spent 3 years ('85-87) on moderate cycles in a lame,delusional quest for a pro bodybuilding  card. My stopping the juice had little to do with health or legal concerns. It was a very practical reason. I began to feel that I was trapped in an endless cycle of endless drug cycles. I reasoned that even if I won a national show and turned pro, I was never going to be a top 10 Olympia pro, no matter what I took. I didn't see a viable future , only a life of meager means and ending up as a BUM. No, it didn't have to end like that. I am sure that plenty of top bodybuilders have productive happy lives. It was at this time I stopped trying to be a top bodybuilder and just enjoy the sport on my terms. Now, over 2 decades later, I am happy with my decision with no regrets.

Despite my experience I think some hardcore guy can do a cycle and ramp up his training with few ill effects. It is all a matter of balance and good sense. Today, I use prescribed Androgel and enjoy good  health at age 50. If you see your own life going downhill over continued 'roid use , sit back , think and then regroup.You can still train and be a part of the iron game without having to be on endless cycles.
Howard

a-and...the point of you sharing this with the forum is?  ::)

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2008, 11:35:28 PM »

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2008, 11:36:16 PM »
props to u howard for being honest and having the courage to type up your story and post here on this sesspool

i hope to someday share my similar story about steroids and my reason for being natural

take care
gene

Natural Wonder used to rent his anus out for test,  now he just lets dudes in his guts for the fun of it.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2008, 11:45:22 PM »
It was 21yrs and 2 months ago that I stopped useing the juice. I spent 3 years ('85-87) on moderate cycles in a lame,delusional quest for a pro bodybuilding  card. My stopping the juice had little to do with health or legal concerns. It was a very practical reason. I began to feel that I was trapped in an endless cycle of endless drug cycles. I reasoned that even if I won a national show and turned pro, I was never going to be a top 10 Olympia pro, no matter what I took. I didn't see a viable future , only a life of meager means and ending up as a BUM. No, it didn't have to end like that. I am sure that plenty of top bodybuilders have productive happy lives. It was at this time I stopped trying to be a top bodybuilder and just enjoy the sport on my terms. Now, over 2 decades later, I am happy with my decision with no regrets.

Despite my experience I think some hardcore guy can do a cycle and ramp up his training with few ill effects. It is all a matter of balance and good sense. Today, I use prescribed Androgel and enjoy good  health at age 50. If you see your own life going downhill over continued 'roid use , sit back , think and then regroup.You can still train and be a part of the iron game without having to be on endless cycles.
Howard

Meltdown.

I love juice. Starting with SLIN jan 1. Another 15 pounds of mass baby!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2008, 12:51:01 AM »
Bro i can slap on a cape and tights and tell everyone that I'm going to try to be a pro super hero.  However, unless I place in the top 10 at the Nationals(in super hero school), it would only be a vivid pipe dream and I would be living a delusional life...None thinks they are ever going to be pro unless they are delusional or at the National level...

So which one were you? And if you were delusional, I think the best thing to do is get yourself on some high dose seroquel and stop trying to let us all no how retarded you were...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2008, 04:17:20 AM »
I am sure some do think I am shit.
The reality is that I have been in the sport for 3 decades, still serve as an NPC judge and competed in a buttload of shows myself . I have no idea who does what in actual bodybuilding but here is my impression.
Most that post negative crap on here , rarely compete (if ever ) and rarely go to actual shows,never mind judge or promote a show .
Nothing wrong with being a gym lifter anf fan of the sport. BUT, in my humble opinion, the most negative posters are the ones LEAST  involved in actual bodybuilding contests. This results in a "forum/online " only interaction of bodybuilding. The boards can be fun and are fine. But it can't replace being a part of actual contests as a fan , judge, or competitor, etc.
The actial shows and expos are pretty fun and positive overall.If I all I knew of bodybuilding was from the boards I would be negative all the time as well.

Spoton Howard ... I've been pointing this out every since I joined getbig ...

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2008, 04:19:20 AM »
It's the elitist attitude. I don't care if you're Arnold, you talk to us like we're a bunch of skull fucking assholes. And this is why you get no respect.

I could appreciate the fact that you don't care for steroids and other drugs, but when you try to shove your opinion down everyone's throat it becomes a moot point. No one cares anymore. I also suggested the test cyp for overall quality of life enhancements. Androgel looks fine and dandy on paper but it's not very efficacious. If your doctor tells you that your blood work is coming in fine then that's good. That's all that really matters. But I'd opt for some test cyp instead of smearing shitty salves all over myself. I'd also try to get a higher dosage of test cyp but that's just me.
you are one major moron and your post only reinforces that .

rk272727

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2008, 07:50:49 AM »
Oh brother, your Test levels are probably at the rate of a 6 year old girl ::)..

Just cruise on 200 mg Test e/c /week. Might as well
  hios probably dating a 6 yr old
b

Fallen

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Fallen... better than "The Open Door".
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2008, 08:10:32 AM »
I didn't see a viable future , only a life of meager means and ending up as a BUM. No, it didn't have to end like that.

Yet for you it did.  Clerks at Best Buy make more than public school teachers.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2008, 09:05:49 AM »

Yet for you it did.  Clerks at Best Buy make more than public school teachers.
My aunt teaches in the public schools system in Detroit . She makes close to 100 k ... I'm sure there are unfortunate entry level casas....but still...

Fallen

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2008, 09:25:12 AM »
My aunt teaches in the public schools system in Detroit . She makes close to 100 k ...

Only if she's hooking or dealing on the side. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2008, 10:08:53 AM »
you sound bitter?
Not at all. I am greatful , I made the right decision for my overall quality of life.
I did ok and was in about 40 shows from '78-95. If I did another contest it would be in the over 50 and for personal reasons rather than any delusions of glory 8)
Here is pic of me last yr while on cruise having fun. Obviously I would need to drop wt to compete , but I am doing ok for 50 yr old fart. I am 5'10" and currently weigh 248 lbs.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2008, 10:09:54 AM »

Only if she's hooking or dealing on the side. 
you are obviously a moron .

she's been with detroit public schools since 86'

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2008, 10:14:42 AM »
Good point Quaker. Maybe he was scaring off women because of the violent amount of mass he was carrying... all 180 pounds of it.

BTW, what is your favorite flavor of Quaker Oats?
I was 180 lbs for my first show back in 1978 after 9 mos of serious training LOL

PocketMuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2008, 10:29:15 AM »
You can add me to the list of brothers who absolutely doesn't give a shit. Your tirade is getting old... screw the Androgel too. Ask your doctor for some test cyp instead.

That's what I did! Now, when I travel, I can carry the legit stuff in my bag without any threats of arrest so long as it has the prescription label on it!  ;D

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2008, 10:32:39 AM »
Not at all. I am greatful , I made the right decision for my overall quality of life.
I did ok and was in about 40 shows from '78-95. If I did another contest it would be in the over 50 and for personal reasons rather than any delusions of glory 8)
Here is pic of me last yr while on cruise having fun. Obviously I would need to drop wt to compete , but I am doing ok for 50 yr old fart. I am 5'10" and currently weigh 248 lbs.
Big guns, Howard.

Fallen

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2008, 10:33:27 AM »
you are obviously a moron .

she's been with detroit public schools since 86'

No teacher makes 100k. Especially not in a place like Detroit.  If you'd said 50 I might have believed you.  If she tells you she makes $100k, she's lying to you, I don't care if she's been there since the 1950's.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2008, 10:43:09 AM »
Big guns, Howard.
Thanks, the only "problem" is my waist is now, also like my guns "BIG".

As for teacher salary in metro schools, the top end of the scale is close to 100k now.
My district,for example,  the scale starts at around 40k for a BS/BA and no experience to just under 90k for a PhD and 28 or more yrs of experience. I currently have 19 yrs experience and a doctorate, so I do ok.
Teaching will never get you rich or famous but in all modesty,I think it is a meaningful , stable career.

Oh well, as dr Spock once said ; " Live long and prosper"

Fallen

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2008, 10:47:12 AM »
As for teacher salary in metro schools, the top end of the scale is close to 100k now.
My district,for example,  the scale starts at around 40k for a BS/BA and no experience to just under 90k for a PhD and 28 or more yrs of experience. I currently have 19 yrs experience and a doctorate, so I do ok.

Most teachers do not have doctorates. And "just under 90k" is not 100k.  And Atlanta is a richer district than detroit.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2008, 10:50:38 AM »

Most teachers do not have doctorates. And "just under 90k" is not 100k.  And Atlanta is a richer district than detroit.
Oh I agree with you, my pt is that you can work up to a decent living if you pursue an advanced degree like me and many others, or go into administration. All 4 in admin in my school make over 100k a yr.
I had a lot of lean years working my up when I taught in Louisiana, trust me.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2008, 11:00:03 AM »
Thanks, the only "problem" is my waist is now, also like my guns "BIG".

Teaching will never get you rich or famous but in all modesty,I think it is a meaningful , stable career.

Oh well, as dr Spock once said ; " Live long and prosper"
YOU LOOK LIKE A DWARF!
I am a big baby

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2008, 11:08:03 AM »
YOU LOOK LIKE A DWARF!
Now THAT was funny! I give it a 7 overall on the Get BIG scale however.
I do look a tad stubby I admit that  ;D

Fallen

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2008, 11:24:29 AM »
Oh I agree with you, my pt is that you can work up to a decent living if you pursue an advanced degree like me and many others, or go into administration. All 4 in admin in my school make over 100k a yr.
I had a lot of lean years working my up when I taught in Louisiana, trust me.

Howard, since you have your PhD, why didn't you go into college teaching, try to become a tenured prof?  I'd think the $ would be better.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2008, 11:25:09 AM »
Bro i can slap on a cape and tights and tell everyone that I'm going to try to be a pro super hero.  However, unless I place in the top 10 at the Nationals(in super hero school), it would only be a vivid pipe dream and I would be living a delusional life...None thinks they are ever going to be pro unless they are delusional or at the National level...

So which one were you? And if you were delusional, I think the best thing to do is get yourself on some high dose seroquel and stop trying to let us all no how retarded you were...
I remember thinking the same kind of thing at the last Arnold Expo. All kinda of guys were lined to but that HALO from Muscle Tech. The next exotic drug or supplement will always have somebody willing to use it with dreams of glory.
The reality is that Dexter Jackson is a product of hard work in the gym basic food and great genetics. The drugs just put him over the top. Some refuse to give up on the delusion. At least with a lottery ticket you have a 1 in a million shot to win.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2008, 11:25:58 AM »
Howard, since you have your PhD, why didn't you go into college teaching, try to become a tenured prof?  I'd think the $ would be better.
Not true unless you get a lot of research grants