Author Topic: ONLYME would you have stood a chance against Denis Cyplenkov in your prime?  (Read 13876 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Way to go, insulting all getbiggers in one post. >:(
that's not very nice...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
that's not very nice...

We shall have to think of an adequate punishment.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Keith,did you know or do you remember Dan Mason,Guy Lasorsa,and Barry Krimski...........all 3 were World Armwrestling Champions who trained in the same gym I did back in the day?

No I really only knew west coast guys and really only in my weight class.  I didn't socialize with the guys much.  When I needed money I competed.

keith I'm gonna be a dick and ask
are you at McDonalds there?  ;D

Yes I was doing an appearance there in conjuntion with Toys R Us and McDonalds.  And yes I got free food.  But I also got free food at Hooters

Onlyme was a strong guy, but I think the fellow in the video would beat him.  The guy just looks like he was born to arm wrestle.  Keith, you never answered, what do you think? 

I didn't think anyone could beat me when I was at my strongest.  And a few people would agree.  But, in armwrestling anyone can beat anyone at anytime.  I was not the fastest but I was pretty strong.  That guy looks unreal but a young John Brezenk at 190 lbs would have destroyed that guy with no doubts. 

yes there used to be lots of threads like this where only me would post pics of him and any celebrity you can think of from the 80's, and he would tell awesome stories.
the ones about Kaz were the best.
Onlyme could you beat john brzenk?

I only faced John at the first Over the Top qualifier in Denver.  I beat him.  But I later found out that he purposely lost every event during that tour.  1st place paid $1,000 and you got qualified for the Worlds in Vegas.  2nd place got $500 only.  He took 2nd place in 3 different weight classes in every event but the last one.  He took 1st in all 3 classes.  I have a feeling he through the match.  He was absolutely the best in history of armwrestling.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
unreal

Member XX

what are the main muscles involved in arm wrestling?

did you do any type of special training for it?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
what are the main muscles involved in arm wrestling?

did you do any type of special training for it?

hammers hammers hammers and then more hammers verrrrrrrrry heavy.  Also just alot of heavy curls.  I did alot of heavy pushing movements too (bench, shoulders, and tri's).  And I only did DB wrist curls with my right hand very heavy.  I also did weighted hangs for grip strength.  I also did heavy lat pull downs and heavy DB flyes.  Anythign to keep my body tight.  I also had a gripper in my car that I always used

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
Fuck, that's a big arm in the last pic. :o

m8

• Getbig V
Cyplenkov= biggest muscle gorilla hands.
This guy is probably a result of Tchernobyl.

m8

• Getbig V
He probably has a huge advantage just because of those bear paws.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Why haven't they made some sort of arm apparatus for competition that you put your arm in that is the only thing that can be used...Something that will eliminate all technique and truly get to who has the strongest pulling arm...Some lightweight carbon fiber arm apparatus etc..

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Why haven't they made some sort of arm apparatus for competition that you put your arm in that is the only thing that can be used...Something that will eliminate all technique and truly get to who has the strongest pulling arm...Some lightweight carbon fiber arm apparatus etc..

Why would they do that.  Technique is something that evens the playing field.  In every sport there is some sort of technique that separates the competition.   What gives the smaller weaker opponent a chance to beat a bigger stronger guy is why there is technique.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
I learned it was all technique from this skinny dude.  You'd think he would fall down if the wind blew but he kicked everyones ass in arm wrestling.  He taught me and I was instantly kicking ass as well but only against people who only depended on strength.  Never could beat him though..  He won a shit load of money off of the "Big Guys" at parties. 

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
They say your heart is supposed to be the size of your fist. If this is true, Denis is on borrowed time. :-\
\

m8

• Getbig V
They say your heart is supposed to be the size of your fist. If this is true, Denis is on borrowed time. :-\

lol

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
he makes me wanna train forearms

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears

My fist is just over 13" around the widest point

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Freak, mine is 11 5/8ths

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
My fist is just over 13" around the widest point

How's your waist size these days bro?

Still getting down in weight I hope?
As empty as paradise

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
He probably has a huge advantage just because of those bear paws.

the dude he's training with there Alexey Voevoda seems like an impressive arm wrestler aswell. Less massive than Cyplenkov, but with better technique.

youtube montage of him

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
strong hands/forarms and technique seems to be key.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
damn these guys are not exactly small

voevoda 121kg

cyplenko 140kg

:o

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears

It is down also but defintiely not where I want it.  I am working on it.  Seems everywhere else is losing first.  I just want my ass and gut down.  I just feel alot better now.  I had a bit of an episode with my leg a couple weeks ago but it is good now.  Starting to do crunches.  I need to strengthen my abs back up.  Lower back can't take the weight.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!

Hedge did you start lifting yet, you beast!
X

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I was with Keith announcing various events on the military bases and one such event was somewhat funny enough to tell here.

During the "half time" in one of the military bodybuilding contests keith took the stage and invited anyone in the audiance to come up and beat him in an "arm bending" contest and if he lost to anyone that winner would walk out of the event a thousand dollars richer.

About 20 of the bigger guys in the audience hopped out of their chairs and jumped in line to accept that challenge.

Keith handed me the mic and asked the first "volunteer" to step up and take the money by beating him.

While the first volunteer broke a sweat trying his best to bend Keith's arm, Keith addressed the audiance explaining to one and all just what the volunteer was doing right and also exactly what he was doing wrong and upon completing that explanation he simply pressed the guys wrist to the table.

keith would shake his hand and thank him for doing his best and then invite the next guy up on stage.

Within ten  minutes about 20 of the biggest guys on that base broke a sweat and left much more humble than when they entered.

And no one won that one-thousand dollars.

ANd that was good because keith had less than $20 in his pockets.

But I kind of knew that and was prepared to write a check because some of those military arms looked like major threats. But Keith didn't even break a sweat and that 1,000 was safe for a later day.

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
did anyone ever "go over the top " on you i heard tis a pretty intense move and beats everyone
Odilly