Author Topic: Why A Christian Cannot Vote For Obama, An Email Just Sent To Me  (Read 6249 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Why A Christian Cannot Vote For Obama, An Email Just Sent To Me
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 08:25:39 PM »
I absolutely said that and stand by it.

Well, seriously that is just typical shallow minded crap that drives ppl away. Someone can't be a christian due to political beliefs? What happened to judge not, welcome all etc? Also, really, many deep christians would consider you an ultimate sinner for the divorces, not to personally insult you, just making a point.

As far as the thread point, I am all for goodness, but not hypocritical behaviour. Soon as someone goes on an antiabortion tangent, while at the same time wanting to kill human beings [Iraqis and others] and also enjoys killing gods creatures [animals] for fun while promoting the death penalty which obviously is fundementally flawed as the 100+ let off show - I immediately disregard all they say on the grounds of epic hypocrasy. A foetus staying alive is more important then an Iraqi family being alive. Uh, ok. ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 08:45:29 PM »
If that was true........well, that email sums up something that I've been saying for years.

what part is not true

I thought being a true christian was pretty simple

please explain what part I'm missing?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2008, 08:53:02 PM »
I absolutely said that and stand by it.

Which only shows why the majority of religious people are simply idiots.  Your stupidity is dazzling.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
::)

Judi, do you even know why he's divorced?

Ya, ...he was so lousy in bed, one of his wives turned gay. How bad do you have to be to turn a woman gay?

That and the fact that he broke his vow to God. For richer, for poorer, in sickness or health, 'til death do us part'.

What God has joined together, ...let no man put asunder. He put asunder 3 x's.
w

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 09:10:04 PM »
i love the end of the letter explaining that he cannot vote for obama because he supports gays rights, LMAO and then goes on to say this is a reason god destroyed  two cities....

I love the fact that god is all loving yet capable of destruction and evil acts. Also if god is all loving and incapable of evil then why does evil exist? the devil? well didnt god create all that exists, wouldnt the devil also be included, if not then he is not the sole creator. If he is then he has the capacity for evil and is not all loving. If he is omnipotent he could just end the devils existence and wipe out evil, if he cannot and its appears he hasnt then he is not all powerful. If he is all knowing then he knew what would happen to humanity when he created adam and eve, hence he created us to fail

Im just rhyming off some of the philosophical impossibilities of a christian god not to mention the fact that they are bigots.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »
God will be disappointed to hear that.

I mean, the thing these libs believe in... ending pre-emptive war, feeding the hungry.  WTF is wrong with them?

Wow, Cindy McCain's eyes in that shot look almost demonic for want of a better word.
w

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 09:14:33 PM »
The truth is that God doesn't give half a fart what a mental hick like Coach thinks about his creations. 

But Satan reserves a special place in hell for hypocrites.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 09:26:24 PM »
I'd still like to hear Joe explain his beliefs

I thought the whole christian thing was pretty simple

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2008, 05:53:17 AM »
To be honest, i don't see Christianity favor either candidate.
Neither are against the death penalty (bad) but opposes torture (good) eg.

As far as homos goes, neither support gay marriage(good). But both seems to support gay rights to some degree(good).

I think both candidates are unfortunately Bible thumpers to some degree. Those who think Obama won't fall for that shit are mistaken imo.
Obama speaks repeatedly about how USA is blessed, how there's some God given right and that kind of BS. Scary - next thing we know he will pull a Bush and claim that God is speaking with him..
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 06:27:46 AM »
Oh noooooo, ...Christians everywhere will be voting for McCain, because this eMail told them to.  ::)

Don't worry Coach, ...you're completely exempt from having to follow this... it only applies to Christians.
Any man 2x's divorced, doesn't qualify as a Christian.  :P

Obama    X

McCain

ZERO's position on abortion alone should make all decent people cringe with horror.  He truly is the angel of death to the unborn.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 10:01:18 AM »
To be honest, i don't see Christianity favor either candidate.
Neither are against the death penalty (bad) but opposes torture (good) eg.

As far as homos goes, neither support gay marriage(good). But both seems to support gay rights to some degree(good).

I think both candidates are unfortunately Bible thumpers to some degree. Those who think Obama won't fall for that shit are mistaken imo.
Obama speaks repeatedly about how USA is blessed, how there's some God given right and that kind of BS. Scary - next thing we know he will pull a Bush and claim that God is speaking with him..

marriage is a piece of paper, why deny gay people this? denying them anything is bigotry and prejudice, they should be awarded everyright others have as human beings.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 10:12:19 AM »
ZERO's position on abortion alone should make all decent people cringe with horror.  He truly is the angel of death to the unborn.

Then don't get pregnant and you won't have to worry about having an abortion. 

And if someone else gets pregnant, then mind your own business about it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »
Then don't get pregnant and you won't have to worry about having an abortion. 

And if someone else gets pregnant, then mind your own business about it.

So, you are in favor of not allowing a doctor to give aide to a baby born alive out of the womb where a mother wanted to have an abortion but the baby is alive and healthy???????

Disgusting.  Obama is really a barbaric creep to have pushed this.   But then again, the cult followers will explain away any outrageous thing he is about or tried to push before running for president. 

Seriously, how can any decent person be for this????  The baby is already born and Obama wants to starve it and forbid the doctor from giving it aide.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2008, 11:12:08 AM »
Ya, ...he was so lousy in bed, one of his wives turned gay. How bad do you have to be to turn a woman gay?

That and the fact that he broke his vow to God. For richer, for poorer, in sickness or health, 'til death do us part'.

You have no class. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2008, 11:13:19 AM »
So, you are in favor of not allowing a doctor to give aide to a baby born alive out of the womb where a mother wanted to have an abortion but the baby is alive and healthy???????

Disgusting.  Obama is really a barbaric creep to have pushed this.   But then again, the cult followers will explain away any outrageous thing he is about or tried to push before running for president. 

Seriously, how can any decent person be for this????  The baby is already born and Obama wants to starve it and forbid the doctor from giving it aide.   

He's more concerned about weakening Roe v. Wade. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2008, 11:17:08 AM »
What does a vote in any election have to do with being a Christian

Do you lose your ticket to heaven if you vote for a Democrat (or a Green Party, Independent, etc...)

Believe a Jesus, accept him as your personal saviour and you're in - game over

Isn't that the Good News?

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2008, 11:26:55 AM »

Obama didn't oppose giving care to babies born healthy and alive as a result of a failed abortion. He opposed the specific bills being passed. This is a common lie pushed by both political parties.

It works like this:

Candidate A opposes act B because he voted against a bill or bills supporting act B.

It's a logical fallacy in politics. Politicians vote against bills for MANY MANY MANY reasons, most of the time not because they oppose the basic original intention of the bill but rather because they oppose the pork, the lack of detail, the possible negative repercussions, etc. of the specific bill being passed.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2008, 03:19:43 PM »

so we can assume you spend your weekends handing out condoms.   best way to reduce the number of abortions, you know.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2008, 05:45:51 PM »

Unless he's personally attacked you, and these are VERY personal attacks, I think you're out of line.

That said, the nice thing about Christianity is that if you ask for forgiveness you get it.  :)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2008, 07:53:50 PM »
All take heed!

Romans 13
Submission to the Authorities

1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,

4 for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer.

5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God’s wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing.

7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

HM (Independent Christian voter)
W

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2008, 08:19:58 PM »
All take heed!

Romans 13
Submission to the Authorities

1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,

4 for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer.

5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God’s wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing.

7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

HM (Independent Christian voter)

I'm not a christian so I'm still trying to understand why some christians like Joe presume to tell other christians they can't vote for Obama?

Joe I really want to understand your point of view

what does being a christian have to do with some small little speck of temporal human politics?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2008, 01:49:08 AM »

The reality is that vote was merely a crowbar to attempt to pry open Row vs, Wade.

There were already laws on the books that addressed this very issue. The bill before the senate had a different agenda that had nothing to do with giving aide to babies born alive, and everything to do with Row v. Wade.

If you were presented a bill that proposed a new law that said:

• a) - Killing a minor in cold blood is illegal
  • b) - All US citizens must immediately send Jaguar $5,000 /yr tax-free

I bet you would vote against it too. It would be superfluous because there are already laws on the books regarding murder. To support this would simply open up a can of worms no one would want opened. (except me)  :D

By voting NO, would that mean you're for the genocide of children?

Grow a brain! At the very least, please know what you're talking about before opening your mouth.

Please and Thankyou.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008, 06:05:40 AM »
Believe what you want.  Even the people in his own party were for this bill. 

How the heck does the "health of the mother come into play" once the baby is already born and what the F does that have to do with giving a live baby aide after it was already born????

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2008, 06:33:14 AM »
marriage is a piece of paper, why deny gay people this? denying them anything is bigotry and prejudice, they should be awarded everyright others have as human beings.
I support homo marriages. Got no problem with it. But I don't see any support in Christianity for it.

So if you gonna pick a candidate based on Christian values, he/she shouldn't be in favor of gay marriages.
So both candidates are 'correct' Christians as far as that goes. 
As empty as paradise

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2008, 06:43:13 AM »
If marriage is just a piece of paper why bother with it at all?