Author Topic: Mccain gave that PLO guy 500k in the 90s  (Read 2229 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Mccain gave that PLO guy 500k in the 90s
« on: October 29, 2008, 10:04:44 PM »
Mccain gave that PLO guy 500k in the 90s

and to make it worse, CNN just detailed the man's positions and it turned out he and Obama have publicly disagreed on the same issues Mccain is attacking him on.

In other words, this one backfired.  The "video" shows a PLO guy that Obama disagreed with, that Mccain paid half a million bucks too.

Ouch!

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
Re: Mccain gave that PLO guy 500k in the 90s
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 10:08:52 PM »
Sarah Palin just pulled a coach and chewed on her foot... LOL...  She went on and on about this new person obama is tied to...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »
Sarah Palin just pulled a coach and chewed on her foot... LOL...  She went on and on about this new person obama is tied to...

LOL I was just listening to that.

She's bashing the Rasheed POL guy nonstop.

Problem is, Mccain made him rich while Obama was criticizing his positions.

Another brutal backfire.  Mccain *insisted* this tape get released.  now we're all wondering why John Mccain sent $500,000 to this PLO leader.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 10:34:02 PM »
::)

So in the early 90's, as chairman of the International Republican Institute, McCain distributed several grants to the Center for Palestine Research and Studies (which was co-founded by Rashid Khalidi) to fund several extensive studies in Palestine, including over 30 public opinion polls and a study of "sociopolitical attitudes." 

That's not exactly the picture you're trying to paint--do you really think those grants made Khalidi personally rich?  Or that McCain was putting money directly in Khalidi's pockets?  Methinks you're just trying to stir things up on here.

Obama, on the other hand, is a personal friend of this Khalidi (who's now a Columbia University professor) today, as opposed to a rather convoluted chain of circumstances linking McCain to him some 15 years ago. 

This guy is yet another one in Obama's long list of questionable friends.  I can't put it any more plainly--Obama is a wolf (albeit a very slick, charismatic and persuasive wolf) in sheep's clothing.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... ON THAT VIDEO OF OBAMA TOASTING RASHID KHALIDI
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 10:39:53 PM »
yea...  you might want to check the last point in this clip lololololol.... p'wned...

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 11:23:02 PM »
Oh brother...  could that MSNBC clown be any more biased?  And I suppose he tries to pass himself off as a journalist.

So McCain was chairman of an institute that awarded several grants to a research center that was co-founded by Khalidi, to fund numerous studies done by the center in Palestine.  Again, I ask...  can anyone objectively and with a straight face construe that as McCain giving money directly to Khalidi?

This whole brouhaha is just stupid.  And just because some clown on TV doesn't tell the whole story does not constitute a pwning.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 11:27:01 PM »
Oh brother...  could that MSNBC clown be any more biased?  And I suppose he tries to pass himself off as a journalist.

So McCain was chairman of an institute that awarded several grants to a research center that was co-founded by Khalidi, to fund numerous studies done by the center in Palestine.  Again, I ask...  can anyone objectively and with a straight face construe that as McCain giving money directly to Khalidi?

This whole brouhaha is just stupid.  And just because some clown on TV doesn't tell the whole story does not constitute a pwning.
::)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »

damn now i see how mcbush supporters will believe anything mcbush says, and the fact that he gave this guy money, yet you have guys like dan-o defending mcbush baffles me, lets get serious he gave the fuckin guy $500K.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 03:42:12 AM »
wouldn't you look into a guy's ties before you gave him half a million bucks?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 04:47:10 AM »

Neither McCain or Obama has done anything wrong.

The guy is no terrorist, has not been found to have terrorist associations - what is the fcuking problem?

If anything, McCain's support of the guy shows that McCain is willing to go about unorthodox ways to get results.
 So credit to McCain.

The only problem here is the anti-intellectual fearmongering by Palin.

She's a pure populist, and if she ever gets any kind of real power we're all doomed.

She's like a female version of Bush - just as stupid.
As empty as paradise

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 05:24:13 AM »
Neither McCain or Obama has done anything wrong.

The guy is no terrorist, has not been found to have terrorist associations - what is the fcuking problem?

If anything, McCain's support of the guy shows that McCain is willing to go about unorthodox ways to get results.
 So credit to McCain.

The only problem here is the anti-intellectual fearmongering by Palin.

She's a pure populist, and if she ever gets any kind of real power we're all doomed.

She's like a female version of Bush - just as stupid.

Thankyou Hedgehog!!! you speak sense...unlike the Republican party and some fools on here who know nothing about middle eastern academic debate.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 06:52:06 AM »
Thankyou Hedgehog!!! you speak sense...unlike the Republican party and some fools on here who know nothing about middle eastern academic debate.

The thing is, you have quite a few Republicans, like Powell and especially the intellectual core of the party, the pragmatics, like Kissinger et al.
They're intellectuals. They must be shaking their heads when seeing Palin.

Some of these Republicans are rather supporting a fairly radical Democrat than supporting a ticket with Palin's name om it.
Both Fukujama and Powell has jumped ships.
That's terrible. 
As empty as paradise

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 07:29:05 AM »
Why is an "intellectual" any better than a "populist?"

Which one do you suppose might be more in touch with the concerns and needs of the common man?

Isn't the whole US governmental system supposed to be "by the people, for the people?"

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 07:44:52 AM »
Why is an "intellectual" any better or worse than a "populist?"

Which one do you suppose might be more in touch with concerns and needs of the common man?

Isn't the whole US governmental system supposed to be "by the people, for the people?"

Being educated is something good. I don't see why being a scholar is looked upon as something negative?

It's almost like the dumber someone is - the better.
I disagree with you.
I don't want our politicians to be like us.
I think they need to be a cut above.
As empty as paradise

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 09:07:25 AM »
Why is an "intellectual" any better than a "populist?"

Which one do you suppose might be more in touch with the concerns and needs of the common man?

Crickets....