Author Topic: Obama's Grandmother dies  (Read 1580 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Obama's Grandmother dies
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 05:25:16 PM »
You think it's worse than what some of the posters here say about John McCain? May I remind you that Senator McCain is a well respected senator who is generally respected by both parties and has been for years. Yet because he is white and is preceding Bush as the republican nominee people treat him like a pos on here. It makes me sick.
oh brother, youve got to be kidding me ::)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 05:30:29 PM »
oh brother, youve got to be kidding me ::)

Have you been reading this board? People sit on here for 12 hours straight bashing the guy. If you like Obama so much, talk about him. Show some respect for a man who has spent a lifetime serving his country.
E

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 10:03:46 PM »
It's like school on Sunday...

No class.
A fellow fan of the Fat Albert cartoon?  :D

Will Madelyn Dunham’s Vote Count?

By Eli Sanders
I was talking with a coworker earlier today about how sad it was for Barack Obama’s grandmother to have died on the day before the election. My coworker took the sadness one step further, wondering if Madelyn Dunham’s vote (she voted by early absentee ballot) would now not be counted.

Not knowing the answer, I called the Office of Elections in Hawaii. Kevin Cronin, chief election officer for the state, just got back to me. Here’s what he said:

Ms. Dunham’s absentee mail ballot was received and reviewed under the Hawaii standards for processing absentee mail ballots… She was alive at that time. Her ballot will be opened tomorrow, and it will be counted in the same way that all absentee voters would be treated under our law.

The key point appears to be that Ms. Dunham was alive at the time her absentee ballot was received and reviewed, and that it met the standards for review at that time.

Madelyn Dunham’s vote will count, even if she is not here to learn the final tally.
!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 10:45:56 PM »
Have you been reading this board? People sit on here for 12 hours straight bashing the guy. If you like Obama so much, talk about him. Show some respect for a man who has spent a lifetime serving his country.
drama queen much?  Yea I've read the board and it is not common to have that kind of bashing of McCain...  I'll tell you what, there is no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't allow people to accuse McCain of timing his mother's death if she had been the one to go.  Not cool...  I'm not sure what you think is that bad we've said about McCain, that's he to old?  That an intelligence officer and other pow advocates have come down hard on McCain's militiary record?  What is the drama danielson?  I've seen the shit fly everywhere, Obama has gotten his fair share, Palin, Biden and it's stupid to exempt McCain because he was a POW...

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 11:13:37 AM »
people have been bashing (rightfully) sarah palin for sure, but not so much john mccain. there has been twice as much obama bashing as mccain, and pretty much noone is bashing mccain himself but rather politically, unlike obama where all these douches are smearing his character left and right. i despise Plain but dont think badly of john mccain, i only disagree with his politics. meanwhile people arent even attacking obamas politics, just the man himself.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 11:40:54 AM »
RIP.  At least she had a great long life and Barrack got to be with his grandmother into his late 40s.

People on both sides are nasty.  The attacks on Palin and McCain have over all probably been worse than attacks on Obama/Biden in this campaign.  As always, there are idiots on both sides.  We need to do better to avoid the bullshit fringe criticizms on this board.