Author Topic: And Here We Go!  (Read 4892 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: And Here We Go!
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2008, 01:00:19 AM »
Yep, ...I know exactly what you mean.
I've had people make some of the most abhorent racist remarks in my presence,
...and not understand why I found it offensive, or wanted nothing to do with them.
As if I shouldn't find it offensive because I'm not white, Asian, Mexican, Indian etc., etc.,

I remember when I was 9 yrs old and taking a swim course.
We were practicing mouth 2 mouth resusitation, and I was paired up with this other kid who had a look of terror on his face. He was like.. "But, but, she's a..." The lifeguard cut him off and said "Ya I know she's a girl. Deal with it!"  >:(

That little fucker burst out with "It's not that she's a girl, ...SHE's an F-ing PAKI!"  :o  
I guess because my hair was wet he didn't realize that I was Black and not Pakistani. After he was informed that I wasn't Pakistani, but Black, ...he was ok with me doing mouth-to-mouth with him, ...but my stomache was turned.

I was so enraged with the little snot, ...I spit in his mouth and said "Guess What, I really am a Paki".
I was a mean little 9 yr old.  {lol} :D

Yeah, I fired someone once for racist remarks - and they were like "but it wasn't about you" as it didn't refer to my racial group ???

He was American, and here once someone looses their work pass, they have 7 days to leave, if they do not comply they are jailed. My gov is strict, very, they will arrive and arrest you the first day, so it is suicide to not comply, and place is too small to get away with it. Guy was melting royally talking all this crap, and I personally laughed my ass off at his panic as did the other staff.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2008, 01:02:50 AM »
Epic spelling. ::)

Ahhhhh are you sippin on some Vodka? There is no spelling errors..

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2008, 01:06:45 AM »
My comptuer crashed on me the first time i logged into getbig.

I quoted you before you went back and edited. ::)

Nice try though. :-*

The syntax is even more pathetic.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2008, 01:10:57 AM »
Yeah, I fired someone once for racist remarks - and they were like "but it wasn't about you" as it didn't refer to my racial group ???

He was American, and here once someone looses their work pass, they have 7 days to leave, if they do not comply they are jailed. My gov is strict, very, they will arrive and arrest you the first day, so it is suicide to not comply, and place is too small to get away with it. Guy was melting royally talking all this crap, and I personally laughed my ass off at his panic as did the other staff.

So you fired him without a warning knowing that he would get deported and have to leave the country? and you found this funny? How bad was the remark?  :o

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2008, 01:15:49 AM »
I quoted you before you went back and edited. ::)

Nice try though. :-*

The syntax is even more pathetic.

yeah a typo, not a blunt spelling error.  Nice try tho.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2008, 01:18:34 AM »
So you fired him without a warning knowing that he would get deported and have to leave the country? and you found this funny? How bad was the remark?  :o

Yes I found it funny. It was ;D

And the moron knew he would get deported if he was fired, that is explicit *before* guest workers come here.

Same way Americans expect people to come to their nation and 'blend in' and get annoyed when they won't [understandable] so do we. Racism isn't something we do here. Never in my life heard a "white" person from my nation make a racist remark - never. We don't even bother with the racial divides here, which I why I put "white" in quotations. We're islanders - simple. We care not to have that here, so he could go back to where he came from and extol his hatred there.

Plus, business, I make as well have burned a stack of cash and declared bankruptcy if I let him stay, would have killed my business[es].

No unusual here, I think maybe 3/4 people a year are tossed for that?

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2008, 01:28:23 AM »
See I grew up in an area where we had a ton of half indian, black, asian, mexican kids mixed in with the whites. we would always bag on eachother using racial slurs. We were all friends and just didnt really care that much. Race was never an issue for any of us. We just laughed at people that got uptight about it.

The only time I ever felt even a hint of racism was when they first gave us 50% crab fishing rights. the white fishermen would cut our lines, steal our pots, and try and sabotage our boats. of course there were the glares when we would come in the bay on a boat called the Bolt decision, but that is to be exected  :P

I just think people are too sensative about race these days. Maybe im biased but it seems like its the biggest issue with freaky white people like busted who feel guilty about their own predjudices so have to spout racism every 5 seconds.. The neighborhood I live in has a huge population of mixed famlies and I just dont see what the big deal is.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2008, 01:33:24 AM »
I see where you are coming from, but we really do things like that to protect our way of life. If we let those types in, it will either spread or create animosity, violence etc. So we are way strict. The typical sterotype one can think of over people from a tiny tropical island is true here - laid back, paceful etc. We care not to have negative aspects of the outside world permeate us - we have enough cretins of our own, we need not import ;D

Fact is, as our wages are so high and we have zero income/sales/capital gains tax, tropical weather etc - we can pick, choose and refuse - so we do.

US has alot of immgration, but immigrants must pay into the system [tax] so they can be beneficial that way. Here as we have no tax, every person is just a further drain on the economics so we aren't over eager to let in people.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2008, 02:04:48 AM »
Fair enough  ;D