Author Topic: Here's the only bright spot thus far for conservatives  (Read 1657 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Here's the only bright spot thus far for conservatives
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »
Whatever excuse you have to tell yourself at night to keep from crying in your sleep twinkletoes works for me.

Republicans = FAIL
LOL do us all a favor and hold your breath for obamas promises

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 07:12:52 PM »
Do us all a favor and pull your head out of your ass so we can all see the tears.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 07:18:37 PM »
Do us all a favor and pull your head out of your ass so we can all see the tears.
LOL no tears ive already said it i hope he is a great president but i hope he doesnt get half of the shit he wants accomplished b/c i dont agree with his policies. The thing is you hate mccain b/c he is republican no other reason which is ignorant as fuck and what makes it worse is you are so ignorant you dont see it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 07:29:11 PM »
4 years is a long time to be bitter.  Did you see all the quivering upper lips and sniffling going on with the cons in the audience when McFail gave his speech of defeat?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 07:31:49 PM »
4 years is a long time to be bitter.  Did you see all the quivering upper lips and sniffling going on with the cons in the audience when McFail gave his speech of defeat?

You've been owned for 8 years.  I guess now we'll see how badly someone can screw up the presidency.  This should be fun!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 08:21:57 AM »
Bitter Nancies still trying to cling to a failed issue.

America spoke and said "thanks but no thanks."

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 01:44:20 PM »

Yep! They looked EXACTLY like those of the liberals when Kerry lost four years ago.

And who says it's going to be four years? Did you forget how the Democrats made major gains in 2006, after getting pounded in 2004?

Just at the beating liberals took in '02 and '04 didn't spell the end of the Democratic party, this whacking absorbed by conservatives in '06 and '08 doesn't mean curtains for them.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 04:55:40 PM »
Maybe the era of big government conservatives is over.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »
Maybe the era of big government conservatives is over.

Perhaps.

The way I see it, the economy and the Iraq War are the driving reasons for Obama's resounding win. But, as demonstrated by the marriage amendments (and to the shock of certain liberals), votes for Obama DO NOT automatically translate into votes for gay "marriage".

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2008, 10:29:43 AM »
Perhaps.

The way I see it, the economy and the Iraq War are the driving reasons for Obama's resounding win. But, as demonstrated by the marriage amendments (and to the shock of certain liberals), votes for Obama DO NOT automatically translate into votes for gay "marriage".

Obama was never for gay marriage. Not sure if it's a personal conviction or just a topic they avoided to get minority votes and keep things from being even more polarized. :)

Not really sure what I would say in his position. My unedited personal opinion really wouldn't get votes on either side of the issue.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 02:53:55 PM »
Obama was never for gay marriage. Not sure if it's a personal conviction or just a topic they avoided to get minority votes and keep things from being even more polarized. :)

Not really sure what I would say in his position. My unedited personal opinion really wouldn't get votes on either side of the issue.

Both he and Biden try to play both sides of the issue.  They say on one hand they are opposed, but on the other hand they oppose any effort to stop homosexual marriage. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »
Both he and Biden try to play both sides of the issue.  They say on one hand they are opposed, but on the other hand they oppose any effort to stop homosexual marriage. 

It sounds to me as if they're doing exactly what Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing in California (except he vetoed two bills, which would have legalized gay "marriage").

He keeps flip-flopping between saying he respects the courts and saying he respects the people's vote on this matter.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 04:34:26 PM »
It sounds to me as if they're doing exactly what Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing in California (except he vetoed two bills, which would have legalized gay "marriage").

He keeps flip-flopping between saying he respects the courts and saying he respects the people's vote on this matter.

Didn't both Obama and Biden say they opposed prop 8? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 04:39:16 PM »
Didn't both Obama and Biden say they opposed prop 8? 

I think Obama did; I'm not sure about Biden.