Author Topic: A NEW DAY IN AGE  (Read 8361 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: A NEW DAY IN AGE
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »
When it comes to politics what she did in regards to the wardrobe stuff has absolutely nothing to do with anything...that doesn't make her conservative, liberal, right wing, left wing, or what ever you want to call it...that has to be the most ridiculous argument of all time in regards to her wardrobe.

When it comes to politics, being conservative, being liberal has nothing to do with the clothes you wear, the house you live in, where you get your haircut etc. Come on DIV, some of the biggest democrats in the game have some of the most outrageous expenses. Besides, Palin was given that money for just that...she was given the money to buy those clothes by the campaign...candidates do not have free reign over the campaign purse to spend what they want.

As for you believing the McCain aides or anyone else, well, you really have no reason to believe them. I'll admit, sure, it is possible, stranger things have happened in this world then someone not knowing Africa was a continent. But in this case it is highly doubtful and the only people that really want to believe it are those who didin't like her in the first place.

...and she is quite popular with her base, which is all that really matters. Just like Obama was, he was popular with his base form the get go...independents didn't jump all over him till way down the line till the election was almost here. As already noted, when Palin joined the ticket, they took a decent lead in all the polls and held it until the financial crises hit late Sept.

I don't know if there was anyone that could seal the deal for the republicans this year after the economy took such a hit recently. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Palin was as good of a choice that could be made.
...and we should all agree this is ridiculous. The whole race factor thing is ridiculous when others try to label someone a traitor like this.

Also ridiculous...after all, Bush went against the majority of his own party and supported amnesty for all the illegals.

Romney didn't get the nod in the primary for the simple fact that he did not appeal to the base.

I've been following politics for a very long time.

I watch Hardball on a consistent basis.

When the financial crisis hit, Romney was the perfect VP pick.........

There's no arguing that.

The fact that he's a Mormon worked against him in the final analysis, everyone knows that.

Palin made a splash early on, but when she actually had to debate and answer questions based on her own merit, failed miserably.

She a brilliant politician, but an ignorant person in general with a limited appeal outside of the conservative base.

The polls back this up.

Most upper-class educated whites thought she was a detriment to the ticket and she also turned off the suburban soccer moms.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2008, 09:07:49 PM »
They said during the election, that McCain fell pretty good in the polls after choosing Palin.  McCain's #'s stayed down till the end after that.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2008, 11:12:32 PM »

I've been following politics for a very long time.

I watch Hardball on a consistent basis.

When the financial crisis hit, Romney was the perfect VP pick.........

There's no arguing that.

The fact that he's a Mormon worked against him in the final analysis, everyone knows that.

Palin made a splash early on, but when she actually had to debate and answer questions based on her own merit, failed miserably.

She a brilliant politician, but an ignorant person in general with a limited appeal outside of the conservative base.

The polls back this up.

Most upper-class educated whites thought she was a detriment to the ticket and she also turned off the suburban soccer moms.

DIV

Personally I think Hardball is OK when it comes to this type of coverage...not the best, not the worst. MSNBC though has got to be the worst of all the news outlets when it comes to political bias in the media. Sure, it's easy to say Fox leans a little right, and CNN a little left...and i watch both regularly....but MSNBC takes the cake to outright political bias IMO.

If we're going to talk about "Keeping up with politics" I guess I'll throw my own resume out there...not to toot my horn, cause who cares...rather, if for nothing else but to give my point of view hopefully some validation. Not saying it will make others agree with me, but I wouldn't consider myself an idiot when it comes to this.

*I have a degree in Political Science with an emphasis in Law.

*Was the co-founder for the Young Republicans while I attended my University

*After graduating I was actively involved in the county Yong Republicans later the state

*Still a card carrying member of the state and national republican party as well as financial contributor on the state level.

*I have worked for 4 campaigns so far, one state representative, 1 governors race, 1 U.S. representative and 1 U.S. senator

*Was offered a position to head up a small campaign for a local state representatives campaign for this last election. It would have been my first but I had to reluctantly decline due to personal business related matters.

*Received university recognition for 2 essays I wrote, one was on the works of Karl Marx & John Lock (a comparison) one was on St. Augustine's book, "The Confessions of St. Augustine."

I'm not saying I'm an expert and would not make such a claim. When it comes to the discussions we have hear on AAS I wouldn't call me a champion expert either...but when it comes to political things, I would say at the very least that I have some what of an idea on what's going on.

As for Palin and your claim that she is not popular with the GOP base...if you're getting your info from MSNBC, then I'm afraid this is simply dead wrong.

If you're an active member of the GOP then you will receive regular emails concerning what's happening within the party as well as regular party line polls. During heavy political season such as now, these polls come out almost daily.

In one of the polls released today, GOP members were asked who they saw as the future leader of the Republican party. The choices were: Palin, Huckabee, Romney and Jindal

Palin received a 70% favorable rating, while Huckabee and Romney received 12% and 11% with Jindal receiving 7%

Another recent poll question among the GOP was did Palin hurt or help McCain's campaign: 69% said "yes she helped."

So the point of all this, it is ridiculous to say that the republican party is not behind Palin and does not think she has a bright future in the party. It doesn't matter if you like her or agree with her, the party does and that's all we're talking about here.

You could read almost identical polling results on these same questions at Rasmussen.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2008, 01:11:10 AM »
In one of the polls released today, GOP members were asked who they saw as the future leader of the Republican party. The choices were: Palin, Huckabee, Romney and Jindal

Palin received a 70% favorable rating, while Huckabee and Romney received 12% and 11% with Jindal receiving 7%

You aren't telling me anything we didn't already know.

Among the Republican base, Palin's popularity is high.

Outside of that base, her popularity is in the toilet.

To win in Presidential politics, you have to hold your base, add independants, democrats and swing voters.

She does none of that.

Upper class white voters with college education voted against Palin in substantial numbers.

She turns off fiscal conservatives because of her blatant ignorance on the issues.

The only faction of the Republican party she caters to are the Joe-6-Packs who identify with her because of her everywoman quality.

The problem with that being that most Americans don't want a VP they can sit down and have a beer with, but someone who they consider smarter than themselves.......

Palin's fifteen minutes are up and those Neiman Marcus shopping sprees will leave a long-lasting stain  on her legacy.

I'd still skullfuck the bitch........you know she can take a pounding.......   ;D

DIV

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2008, 08:06:30 AM »

The only faction of the Republican party she caters to are the Joe-6-Packs who identify with her because of her everywoman quality.

DIV

Joe-packs now thats some funny shit  ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2008, 05:04:48 PM »

You aren't telling me anything we didn't already know.

Among the Republican base, Palin's popularity is high.

Outside of that base, her popularity is in the toilet.

To win in Presidential politics, you have to hold your base, add independants, democrats and swing voters.

She does none of that.

Upper class white voters with college education voted against Palin in substantial numbers.

She turns off fiscal conservatives because of her blatant ignorance on the issues.

The problem with that being that most Americans don't want a VP they can sit down and have a beer with, but someone who they consider smarter than themselves.......

Palin's fifteen minutes are up and those Neiman Marcus shopping sprees will leave a long-lasting stain  on her legacy.

I'd still skullfuck the bitch........you know she can take a pounding.......   ;D

DIV

Endorsed by Forbes, obviously a recognized fiscal conservative. Endorsed by the majority of Wall Street, which makes up a large portion of fiscal conservatives. However, and I found this curious through the whole election, when it came to those on Wall Street, some of the major hedge fund players backed Obama...which makes no sense in terms of their pocket books...I don't know, just one of those things I found curious. 

She has been one of the more fiscal conservative governors in the U.S...course when someone is labeled a fiscal conservative the problem that arises is when they spend any money on any government programs for their state they are land blasted by their opposition.

And it wasn't that she had no appeal to independents and swing voters it's the simple fact that most of these people don't have a brain to begin with.

The shopping spree, again, this was the McCain campaigns doing, they gave her the money to do just that. Of course it seems to bother none of the Obama and Biden supporters that both of these men are multi millionairs who have made millions off the expense of tax payers. And I'm not saying those two are any worse or any better then any republican who's done the same...but come on, what they've done came by way of their own hand...Palins shopping spree was handed to her by order of her campaign...McCain's campaign.

You are right about one thing, most do not want someone who they see as not smarter then them. Why? Unfortunately most people are idiots who can't think for themselves. They vote for who they are told to vote for, they decide who is smarter because they were told who was smarter by some face on TV reading from a monitor words they didn't write themselves.

Time will tell if Palin has a future in the GOP or not. She has a golden opportunity IMO if she wants it and has the right people around her. She is the exact kind of leader that was intended to lead, she is in touch with as you put it, the "Joe Six-Pack"

Not being a smart ass, but I would suggest getting some of your info from other places then MSNBC...at least spread it around a little.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2008, 07:40:44 PM »
Joe-packs now thats some funny shit  ;D

The bitch is a Maverick.............MAV ERICK!   ;D

Time will tell if Palin has a future in the GOP or not. She has a golden opportunity IMO if she wants it and has the right people around her. She is the exact kind of leader that was intended to lead, she is in touch with as you put it, the "Joe Six-Pack"

She doesn't have enough support among fiscal conservatives to ever lead the Republican party.

Trust me on this, I've been following politics for years.

There are enough people in her own party who despise her that she'll never headline a Republican Presidential ticket.

Hail Mary.

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2008, 10:22:36 PM »

There are enough people in her own party who despise her that she'll never headline a Republican Presidential ticket.

Hail Mary.

DIV

I wouldn't go as far as to say she'd one day head a presidential ticket...hard to make that call for anyone...after all, I doubt too many would have put Obama in that spot 4 years ago.

There is a good chance that she'll run for the Senate in 2 years. If she succeeds in that, that's where she'll build her name. She doesn't need the support of the entire party to get that either.

Like I said, time will tell.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2008, 12:13:33 AM »
I wouldn't go as far as to say she'd one day head a presidential ticket...hard to make that call for anyone...after all, I doubt too many would have put Obama in that spot 4 years ago.

There is a good chance that she'll run for the Senate in 2 years. If she succeeds in that, that's where she'll build her name. She doesn't need the support of the entire party to get that either.

Like I said, time will tell.

Senator is a push, her reputation is already tainted in political circles.

There are alot of Republicans who don't want to associate with her.

I think her future is in fundraising, that's the extent of it.

She is the female version of Dan Quayle.......   ;D

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2008, 12:56:51 AM »
Senator is a push, her reputation is already tainted in political circles.

There are alot of Republicans who don't want to associate with her.

I think her future is in fundraising, that's the extent of it.

She is the female version of Dan Quayle.......   ;D

DIV

Care to make a wager? :)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2008, 01:27:44 AM »
Care to make a wager? :)

I'll bet you a fresh amp of Sustanon that she won't be on the next Republican ticket, 2012.

If you win, I will glady send you an amp of your choice.   ;D

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2008, 01:55:35 AM »
I'll bet you a fresh amp of Sustanon that she won't be on the next Republican ticket, 2012.

If you win, I will glady send you an amp of your choice.   ;D

DIV

I was thinking more along the lines of her having or not having a bright future in the republican party. Say getting elected into congress, representative or senator, or having some sort of major leadership role within the party. Making a call for her being on the presidential ticket would be impossible to tell.

You take that bet and I'll up the wager to 10 amps of your choice if you win. If I win, I don't want any amps...you just have to start a thread that says Arnold jr is the greatest Champion of all time and far superior to anyone I know in all matters of life.

Deal?  8)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2008, 03:50:12 AM »
I was thinking more along the lines of her having or not having a bright future in the republican party. Say getting elected into congress, representative or senator, or having some sort of major leadership role within the party. Making a call for her being on the presidential ticket would be impossible to tell.

You take that bet and I'll up the wager to 10 amps of your choice if you win. If I win, I don't want any amps...you just have to start a thread that says Arnold jr is the greatest Champion of all time and far superior to anyone I know in all matters of life.

Deal?  8)

I think she could get in to the Senate or House........that's not hard.

If she was Governor of Alaska, I have no doubt she could be a Senator.

That's not saying much.

Remember, George Bush somehow became President and he's as stupid as she is......

I just don't think Americans will fall for that mistake again.

DIV

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2008, 07:16:03 AM »
I think she could get in to the Senate or House........that's not hard.

If she was Governor of Alaska, I have no doubt she could be a Senator.

That's not saying much.

Remember, George Bush somehow became President and he's as stupid as she is......

I just don't think Americans will fall for that mistake again.
DIV

God I hope not.  Hard to beleive Bush JR was the pres of this country for 2 terms?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2008, 05:00:41 PM »
God I hope not.  Hard to beleive Bush JR was the pres of this country for 2 terms?

When I think of George Bush, I think of one of those baby lemurs who cling to trees and have that clueless look on their faces.

That bug-eyed expression.......

DIV

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2008, 05:40:10 PM »
When I think of George Bush, I think of one of those baby lemurs who cling to trees and have that clueless look on their faces.

That bug-eyed expression.......

DIV

LOL geeze!! that guy is a trip.

I think Obama has more in him......this is gonna be good  ;)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2008, 03:20:46 PM »
LOL geeze!! that guy is a trip.

I think Obama has more in him......this is gonna be good  ;)

I know you want a pet lemur, don't you?

Everyone does.......   ;D

DIV

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2008, 05:50:25 PM »
I know you want a pet lemur, don't you?

Everyone does.......   ;D

DIV

That damn thing would freek me out if It was in my house, odd looking creature.  Monkeys of any sort make poor pet ideas  :)

4thAD

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2008, 05:58:23 PM »
Obama excites me. I have always voted republican until GWB's second term. When this war came to pass I knew we were in trouble. John Carry (hope I spelled that correct) would have been a great president IMO. Obama will be even better. I really like how easily he communicates with the people of this country.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2008, 06:01:11 PM »
That damn thing would freek me out if It was in my house, odd looking creature.  Monkeys of any sort make poor pet ideas  :)

If I owned a Lemur I'd put it on everyone who walked in to my house.

In order to get in you'd have to put it on your shoulder......

DIV

4thAD

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2008, 06:13:41 PM »
If I owned a Lemur I'd put it on everyone who walked in to my house.

In order to get in you'd have to put it on your shoulder......

DIV

You down for some Chicago pizza big man?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2008, 08:35:05 PM »
You down for some Chicago pizza big man?

Only if it's wheat dough!

WHEAT!     >:(

DIV