Author Topic: serious pain, serious question  (Read 2749 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: serious pain, serious question
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 01:04:17 PM »
Good call. Last year I found a bump on my side and totally freaked out.  Then my stomach hurt for 2 days thanks to all the stress fluids my stomach released.  When I checked the other side, hey, I have one there too.  Turns out when you get leaner, veins show :)  But just that moment of "oh shit, somehting is wrong!" can cause all sorts of stomach digestion/stress issues.

hahaha,

recently some nerves where pinching at the side where the heart is located...

Shit, I got terrified, heartbeat went up, felt a "tightness" on my chest ( ::) ) all that in the "thought" i was going to have a "heart attack".  ::)

all in my head.... ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 01:08:36 PM »
check your diet - what did you eat differently?

Eat a ton of fiber for a day and flush out everything.

If still painful, go to ER.  It's free, you get a bill, but your life is priceless, baby!

dont do this, fiber can further impact the colon if it is a blockage.

it sounds like a muscle strain to be honest, possible spleen or pancreas issues if slightly higher although if it is deep internal stuff the pain would be referred and likely not directly in the area. Sounds like a muscle strain to me, without any other symptoms or immunological issues a strained muscle or possible acquired hernia may be the sole etiology.

wait to see if the pain subsides, any heat, fever, malaise or body aches can mean immunological activity and then you have a problem, pain is a pretty beneign symptom unless in certain specified areas.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 01:23:06 AM »
get check for ball cancer.
A

Jizzacked

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »
hey everyone... here is an update....

I went to the ER under my doc's advice yesterday afternoon, I had all sorts of fun shit done to me, CAT scan, my attractive doctor put her finger up my ass, another nurse took blood, and another played with my penis and had to try like 10 times to get a catheter in me, as my bladder had shut down and had about 1.5 liters of urine in it.

turns out it was an infection called Diverticulitis, which typically only older people with shitty diets get, I am 28 and it is really rare in someone so young, my diet isnt the worst but it isnt the best either, and I am not overweight... just a bad roll of the dice apparently.  anyways going to be eating extremely clean from here on out... I have an appointment shortly to get this catheter out and I am on cipro and some other antibiotic.  its good I got in when I did as it could have been a lot worse if I waited.  I didnt get home til past midnight last night.  probably some of the worst pain I have felt in my life, the infection plus the numerous botched catheter insertions, it was surreal.

anyways its already starting to feel better but yes the lesson of the day here is don't wait and see a doc. 

thanks again for all the advice and humorous comments, god bless getbig :D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2008, 10:27:58 AM »

I went to the ER under my doc's advice yesterday afternoon, I had all sorts of fun shit done to me, CAT scan, my attractive doctor put her finger up my ass, another nurse took blood, and another played with my penis and had to try like 10 times to get a catheter in me, as my bladder had shut down and had about 1.5 liters of urine in it.

turns out it was an infection called Diverticulitis, which typically only older people with shitty diets get, I am 28 and it is really rare in someone so young, my diet isnt the worst but it isnt the best either, and I am not overweight... just a bad roll of the dice apparently.  anyways going to be eating extremely clean from here on out... I have an appointment shortly to get this catheter out and I am on cipro and some other antibiotic.  its good I got in when I did as it could have been a lot worse if I waited.  I didnt get home til past midnight last night.  probably some of the worst pain I have felt in my life, the infection plus the numerous botched catheter insertions, it was surreal.

anyways its already starting to feel better but yes the lesson of the day here is don't wait and see a doc. 

That's what it sounded like from that symptom checker.

The catheter/urine thing sounds like a nightmare.

Glad you went to the doc and are on your way to good health again!  Thanks for the update :)

R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 10:46:20 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diverticulitis

Wiki says to rest your bowels.

spinnis

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »
Ok, I will be the first to say it.

P.I.P

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 11:34:43 AM »

I've had a foley catheter and it is the single worst thing that any man can have done to them.  I don't know what was worse, putting it in or taking (yanking) it out.  Good luck to you bro.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 11:58:45 AM »
I could take a history off you, but I don't think that's what you want, as it's sort of personal on a public message board. lol. I'm assuming it's been a quick onset of pain. I guess most likely gastrointestinal pain or referred pain from somewhere lower. eg urinary tract, testicles etc. I did a quick search for you:

Causes of acute LIF pain
Gastrointestinal causes

Gastroenteritis: however, this commonly causes more generalised abdominal pain. It is the commonest cause of abdominal pain in children with viral causes being most frequent. Care should be taken as gastroenteritis specifically causing LIF pain should be a diagnosis of exclusion.

Constipation: acute constipation usually has an organic cause (e.g. gastroenteritis).1 Again, it should be a diagnosis of exclusion.

Diverticulitis: over 90% of diverticular disease involves the sigmoid colon and therefore diverticulitis most commonly presents with LIF pain.4

Volvulus: sigmoid volvulus is the most common type of colonic volvulus.5 It can lead to large bowel obstruction and can have an insidious onset in elderly patients.

Left inguinal/femoral hernia: an incarcerated left inguinal or femoral hernia may present as LIF pain. There will be tenderness and an irreducible swelling over the hernial orifice and symptoms and signs of bowel obstruction. Cough impulse is lost if hernia is incarcerated. Requires urgent surgical referral.

Urological causes

Testicular torsion or epididymo-orchitis: may produce pain that is referred to the lower abdomen on that side. The testis will be very tender.

Ureteric colic: this can cause pain that may be intermittent and "shooting". A stone may cause microscopic haematuria. 70% are visible on plain x-ray. Ultrasound is a good diagnostic technique.

UTI: urinary frequency, dysuria, haematuria, urgency and smelly urine may raise this as a differential diagnosis.

Other causes

Abdominal aortic aneurysm: this can present with atypical symptoms resembling renal colic or diverticular disease rather than the classic back or flank pain. Do not forget this differential diagnosis. Look for a pulsatile abdominal mass.6 Approximately 30% of patients with a ruptured AAA are misdiagnosed initially.3

Situs inversus: here, the differential diagnosis for LIF pain is that for RIF pain (refer to separate article entitled 'Right Iliac Fossa Pain'. Only half of those with dextrocardia have total situs inversus.

Herpes zoster: usually a characteristic rash. Before rash appears the skin can be tender.
Pelvic vein thrombosis

Hope you get it sorted out

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 12:20:34 PM »
I could take a history off you, but I don't think that's what you want, as it's sort of personal on a public message board. lol. I'm assuming it's been a quick onset of pain. I guess most likely gastrointestinal pain or referred pain from somewhere lower. eg urinary tract, testicles etc. I did a quick search for you:

Causes of acute LIF pain
Gastrointestinal causes

Gastroenteritis: however, this commonly causes more generalised abdominal pain. It is the commonest cause of abdominal pain in children with viral causes being most frequent. Care should be taken as gastroenteritis specifically causing LIF pain should be a diagnosis of exclusion.

Constipation: acute constipation usually has an organic cause (e.g. gastroenteritis).1 Again, it should be a diagnosis of exclusion.

Diverticulitis: over 90% of diverticular disease involves the sigmoid colon and therefore diverticulitis most commonly presents with LIF pain.4

Volvulus: sigmoid volvulus is the most common type of colonic volvulus.5 It can lead to large bowel obstruction and can have an insidious onset in elderly patients.

Left inguinal/femoral hernia: an incarcerated left inguinal or femoral hernia may present as LIF pain. There will be tenderness and an irreducible swelling over the hernial orifice and symptoms and signs of bowel obstruction. Cough impulse is lost if hernia is incarcerated. Requires urgent surgical referral.

Urological causes

Testicular torsion or epididymo-orchitis: may produce pain that is referred to the lower abdomen on that side. The testis will be very tender.

Ureteric colic: this can cause pain that may be intermittent and "shooting". A stone may cause microscopic haematuria. 70% are visible on plain x-ray. Ultrasound is a good diagnostic technique.

UTI: urinary frequency, dysuria, haematuria, urgency and smelly urine may raise this as a differential diagnosis.

Other causes

Abdominal aortic aneurysm: this can present with atypical symptoms resembling renal colic or diverticular disease rather than the classic back or flank pain. Do not forget this differential diagnosis. Look for a pulsatile abdominal mass.6 Approximately 30% of patients with a ruptured AAA are misdiagnosed initially.3

Situs inversus: here, the differential diagnosis for LIF pain is that for RIF pain (refer to separate article entitled 'Right Iliac Fossa Pain'. Only half of those with dextrocardia have total situs inversus.

Herpes zoster: usually a characteristic rash. Before rash appears the skin can be tender.
Pelvic vein thrombosis

Hope you get it sorted out

Ummmmmmm. . .you're a little late.