Author Topic: Obama campaign workers angry over unpaid wages  (Read 5582 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Obama campaign workers angry over unpaid wages
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2008, 03:01:32 PM »
LURKER ur an idiot...and for the last time...I'm not a "bean counter" ok dipshit. 

I did this.......

Hey hh6, are you a 19K?
G

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2008, 03:03:41 PM »
First of all, being a misinformed voter and being brainwashed are not the same thing.

Secondly, that conclusion is complete bullshit.Your entire position is that a candidate must have a position you strongly disagree with and that's a faulty starting point.

My previous post explains elaborates even further.

However, even if that wasn't the case, then guess what? Big freakin' deal. If I am familiar with McCain's policies on the issues I care about and prefer Obama's, then I vote for Obama. Even if I don't bother to learn any of the other issues, it remains just a vote for president, not my new lord and savior.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2008, 03:08:29 PM »
First of all, being a misinformed voter and being brainwashed are not the same thing.

Secondly, that conclusion is complete bullshit.Your entire position is that a candidate must have a position you strongly disagree with and that's a faulty starting point.

My previous post explains elaborates even further.

However, even if that wasn't the case, then guess what? Big freakin' deal. If I am familiar with McCain's policies on the issues I care about and prefer Obama's, then I vote for Obama. Even if I don't bother to learn any of the other issues, it remains just a vote for president, not my new lord and savior.
You dont have to stongly disagree with his stances on issues but to say that you dont have any problems with his stances on ALL ISSUES means either you put him beyond wrongs or you are misinformed, which one is it?

LOL you havent given me one issue you even slightly disagree with please give me one? LOL again you asked why I say that he is ppls savior and again how do ppl treat a savior, he is infalliable and incapable of wrong...you have defended him at every turn and given superficial at BEST faults...LOL you have proven my point.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »
I never asked why you say he's people's savior.You do that because you're a drama queen who needs to justify his political beliefs in the face of the country overwhelmingly rejecting them. You know good and well that people vote for POTUS to be an administrator, not their lord and christ. The overwhelming support he got is largely a rejection of the administration that preceded him, yet you can't admit that. You're more comfortable attributing it to mass hysteria. Whatevs.

The faults I listed ARE superficial. I don't have any real problems with Obama. I like his positions on the issues that are important to me- don't have any real problems with the rest. The stretch from "candidate one supports" to "savior" does not even have a logical connection.

But just to make you happy, I went to the Obama site and looked up his position on rural issues and found one that bothered me:
Obama and Biden will combat methamphetamine use, improve health care, improve education, and upgrade infrastructure in rural areas.

I wonder how you feel about it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2008, 03:35:39 PM »
I never asked why you say he's people's savior.You do that because you're a drama queen who needs to justify his political beliefs in the face of the country overwhelmingly rejecting them. You know good and well that people vote for POTUS to be an administrator, not their lord and christ. The overwhelming support he got is largely a rejection of the administration that preceded him, yet you can't admit that. You're more comfortable attributing it to mass hysteria. Whatevs.

The faults I listed ARE superficial. I don't have any real problems with Obama. I like his positions on the issues that are important to me- don't have any real problems with the rest. The stretch from "candidate one supports" to "savior" does not even have a logical connection.

But just to make you happy, I went to the Obama site and looked up his position on rural issues and found one that bothered me:

I wonder how you feel about it.
LOL you assume that bush and or mccain embody my values and what i believe the government should stand for and you are SADLY mistaken. Again I dont really like mccain but he leans more my direction certainly much much more than obama. I will unequivocably admit that the reason obama recieved as much support as he did was b/c of the bush administration and a poorly run campaign from mccain but that doesnt excuse or give reason to the fact that many ppl cant find any fault in his policies or in his person even given the ridiculous rev wright debacle and defend him at every turn.

Its an expression for the final time, what qualities do a believer put in their savior, infalliable, incapable of wrong correct? well have you not seen this phenomena in his supporters?

What is it that bothers you about that statement?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2008, 03:44:41 PM »
About this whole "savior/messiah" thing, yeah it's something more conservative folks like myself say kind of tongue-in-cheek...  BUT there is definitely an element of truth to it.  As I sat glued to my TV on Tuesday night, they showed Obama's acceptance speech and panned through the faces in the crowd.  I just about gagged at all the looks of wide-eyed wonder, awe and admiration.  It was as if these people were listening to Jesus.  You think I'm exaggerating but I'm not--go back and look at the video for yourself.

Those people (and an obviously large number of voters all across America) have put so much faith and hope in this man.  Listen to the "man on the street" interviews with some of them from that video Joe posted--they adore Obama but can't even articulate why because when it comes down to it, they have no idea what he's even about.  90% of them just quoted the "change" buzzword that was also the Clinton campaign's mantra in '92.  One of his supporters admitted he disagreed with Obama's stance on many issues but was hopeful that he'd "change" after he was in office.  How much sense does that make?

They think he's going to lead them to the promised land and lift them up out of their unfortunate circumstances, when the truth is that nobody can do that for them but themselves.  And telling them the lie that they need someone else to do that for them is essentially keeping them down.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2008, 09:24:50 PM »
I see things differently. I think after the last eight years, people understand  just how much a bad president can fuck the country. The Bush administration was such a disaster that the majority of the country feel like we're coming out of some sort of nightmare.

There are high hopes for Obama, but this type of anticipation has happened before. This is very similar to the way Reagan took office. This board wasn't around then, so I'll avoid debating whether or not you would have held the same criticism for Reagan supporters.

Even in the man on the street segment  you referenced, whether or not you feel the  interviewees were being rational, there was nothing particularly fantastical or crazy about the way they described Obama. It basically began end ended with hopes that he'd be a good president.