Author Topic: BONUS: We now have a president that can speak english.  (Read 3796 times)

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
Re: BONUS: We now have a president that can speak english.
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 08:42:28 PM »
Including the 57 we already have ;D?

Do you know why Obama really won? Because McCain didn't campaign in the 52-57 states, that is where he got his big lead from  :P

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 12:36:25 AM »

Do you know why Obama really won? Because McCain didn't campaign in the 52-57 states, that is where he got his big lead from  :P

You mean 51-57 genius ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 11:10:52 AM »
Ah- ok.
Sorry, I guess I didn't even consider that idiotic point of view.
So US citizens should learn Spanish because the Mexicans are flooding the boarder?
LMFAO.
I can't believe Obama said something like that, you sure?
That's just a big fcuking reason why mexicans are getting singled out in the USA - they don't assimilate.
They would have a much easier time to assimilate if they were forced to go to beginner's English classes and learn the language. 
look up obama and la raza and see for yourself

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 11:15:34 AM »
Ah- ok.
Sorry, I guess I didn't even consider that idiotic point of view.
So US citizens should learn Spanish because the Mexicans are flooding the boarder?
LMFAO.
I can't believe Obama said something like that, you sure?
That's just a big fcuking reason why mexicans are getting singled out in the USA - they don't assimilate.
They would have a much easier time to assimilate if they were forced to go to beginner's English classes and learn the language. 

Someone posted the vid a while back.  He said something to the effect:   People bring up the language issue that they should speak English.  I assure you they will learn to speak English.  We shouldn't worry about that.  What we should do is teach our children to speak Spanish.

These weren't the exact words I'm sure, but it was something along those lines.

They are not willing to learn to speak English and are not encouraged to by our government.  And the responsibility is not ours to learn their language.

Good point.   that's a big reason for it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 12:24:58 PM »

LMAO!!! ahahahahahaha  brutal pwnage.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2008, 01:47:59 PM »
United States - People
Languages:

English 82.1%, Spanish 10.7%, other Indo-European 3.8%, Asian and Pacific island 2.7%, other 0.7% (2000 census)
note: Hawaiian is an official language in the state of Hawaii

The Central Intelligence Agency
The World Factbook

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html#People

"Congress has never declared an "official" language for the United States. If you would like the United States to adopt an official language, you should contact the Representatives or Senators for your state."

http://answers.usa.gov/cgi-bin/gsa_ict.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7261

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 06:21:44 PM »
Let's marry our cousins and inbreed like true patriots.

;D!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 06:40:44 PM »
United States - People
Languages:

English 82.1%, Spanish 10.7%, other Indo-European 3.8%, Asian and Pacific island 2.7%, other 0.7% (2000 census)
note: Hawaiian is an official language in the state of Hawaii

The Central Intelligence Agency
The World Factbook

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html#People

"Congress has never declared an "official" language for the United States. If you would like the United States to adopt an official language, you should contact the Representatives or Senators for your state."

http://answers.usa.gov/cgi-bin/gsa_ict.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7261

Its the dominate language in the country.  Has been since it's inception.  Congress doesn't need to declare anything.  People who don't speak the language need to learn it or leave.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2008, 07:32:58 PM »
Its the dominate language in the country.  Has been since it's inception.  Congress doesn't need to declare anything.  People who don't speak the language need to learn it or leave.

Says who?  Is that the law?  What if Spanish becomes the dominant language? 

These don't sound like English to me:      ;D

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

San Antonio

Colorado

Boca Raton

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2008, 09:21:28 PM »

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

San Antonio

Colorado

Boca Raton
wow you found a hand full of city names and a state your damn right lets all convert and start speaking spanish  ::) then we will switch to french in the North east and possibly portuguese as well?
Erroneous ENGLISH is the language of MOST americans you dont go to a country and expect them to speak your language you learn theirs, how hard is that to understand?

By the way when where those cities and state named?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

San Antonio

Colorado

Boca Raton

If Spanish were to be the dominate language, who ever immigrated here should have the common sense to learn it.

But that isn't the case.   These disrespectful people who are catered to by lilly livered liberals need to be given 18 months to learn passible English or they need to leave.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2008, 10:22:28 PM »

You missed the extra funny part...it's ok...we know when you hear his name you stop thinking and start screaming "change"  :-\

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2008, 05:26:20 AM »
wow you found a hand full of city names and a state your damn right lets all convert and start speaking spanish  ::) then we will switch to french in the North east and possibly portuguese as well?

Sure, why not?  The United States has no official language.  Hawaiian is the official language of Hawaii.  Should people who move to Hawaii be forced to learn Hawaiian?    ;D

If you want to live in Miami, you better start learning some Spanish now.  It may not be the official language there, but it is definitely dominant.   ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2008, 05:34:03 AM »
If Spanish were to be the dominate language, who ever immigrated here should have the common sense to learn it.

But that isn't the case.   These disrespectful people who are catered to by lilly livered liberals need to be given 18 months to learn passible English or they need to leave.

Spanish is the dominant language in Miami.  So people who move to Miami need to be given 18 months to learn Spanish or they need to live?  Hawaiian is the official language of Hawaii.  Should people who move to Hawaii be forced to learn Hawaiian?

These disrespectful people?  So this is about respect and emotions, no about the law?  So American citizens who show disrespect toward the flag, the government, the president should be kicked out of the country just for that?

Why are they disrespectful?  How do you know they don't try to learn English in the US, but they just have a hard time since they are surrounded by Spanish speaking people, Spanish radio, Spanish newspapers, Spanish TV, Spanish businesses, etc.?  Have you ever tried to learn a foreign language?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2008, 05:41:27 AM »
Not learning the language is something ppl from all places do - and something I personally find very rude. I also don't know why people do not want to learn the language of where they live?

Just to be annoying, I have frequently pretended not to speak a lick of english to people who have done that in my parts, come and refuse to learn the language. Stare at them all obtuse while I obviously know what they are saying.

Monoglots are the worst for it.

Being some expert is not needed, but make an attempt already.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2008, 05:48:24 AM »
Not learning the language is something ppl from all places do - and something I personally find very rude. I also don't know why people do not want to learn the language of where they live?

Just to be annoying, I have frequently pretended not to speak a lick of english to people who have done that in my parts, come and refuse to learn the language. Stare at them all obtuse while I obviously know what they are saying.

Monoglots are the worst for it.

Being some expert is not needed, but make an attempt already.

And how would you define "the language of where they live", if they live in Miami or Hawaii?

Do you not think that frequently pretending not to speak a lick of English just to be annoying is just as rude as not attempting to learn English?  At least they are not pretending just to be annoying.

How do you know immigrants in the US who don't speak English are not attempting to learn it?     ;D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2008, 06:07:10 AM »
And how would you define "the language of where they live", if they live in Miami Hawaii?.

Personally I find that the irony. English people landed on the shores, forced their language on the natives years back. I think asking Hawaii natives to take english as their only official language is rude as hell. When I was there I was impressed the language still remained so strong, something I was unaware of.

Obviously though, I think people should learn the primary language of where they move to - which in the USA's case is English.

Do you not think that frequently pretending not to speak a lick of English just to be annoying is just as rude as not attempting to learn English?  At least they are not pretending just to be annoying.

Uh, no.

If I am in my country, speaking my language how is it rude not to speak anothers? If they are in mine, for like 20 years no less, not speaking my language that is rude.

And when I am driven to it is when they come and speak all slooooooooow to me and LOUD like I am an idiot. >:(

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2008, 06:58:34 AM »
You have to admit, it will be nice to have a president who doesn't evoke eye rolls and WTF expressions all over the world when he opens his mouth. ;D

Bonus 2: we're going to gain some states under Obama :D

Who can believe what comes out of his mouth?  He changes his stance on issues all the time. At least with President Bush, you knew where he stands on the issues.  Obama is a typical politician...say anything to get elected.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2008, 07:04:55 AM »
Who can believe what comes out of his mouth?  He changes his stance on issues all the time. At least with President Bush, you knew where he stands on the issues.  Obama is a typical politician...say anything to get elected.

Obama's speeches are emptier than Daddy Waddy  bank account, he just throws the most general statements with some catch phrases like "change, yes we can" ....great public speaker  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2008, 07:07:11 AM »
Sure, why not?  The United States has no official language.  Hawaiian is the official language of Hawaii.  Should people who move to Hawaii be forced to learn Hawaiian?    ;D

If you want to live in Miami, you better start learning some Spanish now.  It may not be the official language there, but it is definitely dominant.   ;D
dont give me that shit you reject i live in HOUSTON, TX you hear me HOUSTON ive done land scaping and home construction the reason that they dont learn english is b/c they dont need to b/c they know that they will get appeased and somebody will speak spanish. Your theory would be fine if they didnt move to an english speaking country where the dominant language is english just b/c pockets of cities are predominately spanish speaking doesnt mean shit. They should have learned the language when they moved and then we wouldnt have a area of just spanish speaking ppl would we?

Look Im not saying they need to be able to teach english at a college or even high school level but when they are like CQ said she does and just look at you with "wtf are saying" eyes and cant even comprehend one word and on top of that see no problem with it WE HAVE A PROBLEM they arent tourist they are residents.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2008, 08:48:40 AM »
dont give me that shit you reject i live in HOUSTON, TX you hear me HOUSTON ive done land scaping and home construction the reason that they dont learn english is b/c they dont need to b/c they know that they will get appeased and somebody will speak spanish. Your theory would be fine if they didnt move to an english speaking country where the dominant language is english just b/c pockets of cities are predominately spanish speaking doesnt mean shit. They should have learned the language when they moved and then we wouldnt have a area of just spanish speaking ppl would we?

Look Im not saying they need to be able to teach english at a college or even high school level but when they are like CQ said she does and just look at you with "wtf are saying" eyes and cant even comprehend one word and on top of that see no problem with it WE HAVE A PROBLEM they arent tourist they are residents.

Did you just call me a reject?  LOL   ;D

Hey man, I'm just having a friendly discussion here.  Stuff like this get both sides thinking.  No need to get angry and start with the name calling.

I've been to Houston, and I have been to Miami several times.  Miami and Houston are two different worlds.  It's not like pockets of the city of Miami are predominately Spanish speaking.  The whole city is predominately Spanish speaking, with small pockets of people who speak other languages.

You did not address my point about Hawaii and Miami.  Hawaii has an official language, and it ain't English.  Miami has a predominate language, and it ain't English.  The US has no official language.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2008, 09:09:20 AM »
Did you just call me a reject?  LOL   ;D

Hey man, I'm just having a friendly discussion here.  Stuff like this get both sides thinking.  No need to get angry and start with the name calling.

I've been to Houston, and I have been to Miami several times.  Miami and Houston are two different worlds.  It's not like pockets of the city of Miami are predominately Spanish speaking.  The whole city is predominately Spanish speaking, with small pockets of people who speak other languages.

You did not address my point about Hawaii and Miami.  Hawaii has an official language, and it ain't English.  Miami has a predominate language, and it ain't English.  The US has no official language.
i started name calling b/c of your ignorant condescending remarks
LOL ive been to miami as well maybe you didnt go to the south side of houston or work with the construction crews like i did.

I did address your ignorant point, The reason that in miami there are spanish speaking parts is b/c they refused to learn english when they moved to miami. If they would have done the right thing and learned english there wouldnt be only spanish speaking parts would there? As for hawaii sure if they have there own language then by all means when i go there i will either take a tour guide who speaks the language or take an english to Hawaiian dictionary I WOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EXPECT THEM TO LEARN ENGLISH IN ORDER FOR ME TO COMMUNICATE WITH THEM.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2008, 09:23:35 AM »
i started name calling b/c of your ignorant condescending remarks
LOL ive been to miami as well maybe you didnt go to the south side of houston or work with the construction crews like i did.

I did address your ignorant point, The reason that in miami there are spanish speaking parts is b/c they refused to learn english when they moved to miami. If they would have done the right thing and learned english there wouldnt be only spanish speaking parts would there? As for hawaii sure if they have there own language then by all means when i go there i will either take a tour guide who speaks the language or take an english to Hawaiian dictionary I WOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EXPECT THEM TO LEARN ENGLISH IN ORDER FOR ME TO COMMUNICATE WITH THEM.

What ignorant condescending remarks?  What ignorant point?  I have stated nothing but facts and you get angry only because you don't agree.

I am not discussing the reason why Spanish is the dominant language in Miami.  I am discussing the reality of the present.  English was not the dominant language in North America before the Europeans settled there.

I wasn't talking about you going to Hawaii as a tourist.  I was asking, if you move to Hawaii, should you be kicked out if you do not learn the official language within 18 months?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2008, 09:54:34 AM »

Barack Obama - Your Child Needs to Learn to Speak Spanish

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2008, 11:08:09 AM »
Spanish is the dominant language in Miami.  So people who move to Miami need to be given 18 months to learn Spanish or they need to live?  Hawaiian is the official language of Hawaii.  Should people who move to Hawaii be forced to learn Hawaiian?

Loco, this is a really stupid position you are taking (IMO).  Miami is not a sovereign country.

These disrespectful people?  So this is about respect and emotions, no about the law?  So American citizens who show disrespect toward the flag, the government, the president should be kicked out of the country just for that?

Yes, its about disrespect.   You are disrespecting the country you immigrated to and causing a unneeded burden by your unwillingness to learn it's language.  It affects everyone.  If you are going to immigrate to this country you should be able to contribute with out placing an unnecessary burden on it's infrastructure and people.  Come one come all, just speak english.

Stay on subject, I'm not talking about disrespecting the flag.  I'm talking about person's refusal to learn the overwhelmingly dominate language of the country they live in while people of other cultures have the common sense, and decency to learn it.

Why are they disrespectful?  How do you know they don't try to learn English in the US, but they just have a hard time since they are surrounded by Spanish speaking people, Spanish radio, Spanish newspapers, Spanish TV, Spanish businesses, etc.?  Have you ever tried to learn a foreign language?

By that logic it's impossible to learn a foreign language therefore there are no bilingual people in the world.

Where there's a will there is a way.  Where there isn't a will there is a bunch namby pamby BS like what you just wrote here.

Learning passible english is not beyond the reach of any person.   If i immigrated to Mexico, I would definitely learn passible spanish as i know passible tagalog.  (When i was in the field years ago, in my business, i got close to speaking passible spanish as it was a necessity of business i was willing to undertake)