Author Topic: Should I get a X-Box 360 or a PS3?  (Read 20526 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: Should I get a X-Box 360 or a PS3?
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2010, 02:06:14 PM »
I'm so addicted to Madden 2010 for my Xbox. I really want to go online and play other people but it costs money for Xbox but is free to hook up for PS3. Fucking Bullshit.

My wife bought me Modern Warfare but I hear its so much better to play online than single player.

I would so kill you with MICHIGAN IN NCAA 10' I got Tate and Denard in at QB

It is the only way i can get my fix is by playing those assholes from Columbus. I have actually broke a few controllers while verbally fucking with O$U FANS!!  >:(
D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2010, 03:00:36 PM »
I feel the same way about my X-BOX 360 controllers.  8) What the hell is with that headset? Another reason that i would not shell out $70 for their Blutooth.

My XBox came with a headset.  If you want a wireless one, you can get them for under $50.  

The $70 price tag you keep quoting is ridiculous.  I'm trying to give Earl legitimate information.  I have no stake in this at all.  I don't know why you keep posting stuff that's not true.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2010, 03:10:35 PM »
how are they remastered?

i think halo outsells killzone because the 360 was far cheaper than the ps3, now that the prices are similar i see the ps3 gaining ground

i like that sony didn't change the controller, that means i don't have to get used to a different one

project natal is like the wii?

this whole thing reminds me of the super nintendo sega genesis debates, everybdoy said sega was better when imo super nintendo was vastly superior, sega just had better marketing (remember "blast processing") and they also had sega channel

still can't decide :-\

E

They're remastered graphically.  When the games were made, they assets were built beyond 480p, and then lowered for the PS2 to be able to handle it and keep the freme rates up.  So when the PS3 came around, they already had high res imagery available to them and they could easily remake it without much re-build.  That's why God of War 3 doesn't look all that better at the moment, but some of the clips are stating to look better.

I loved the Sony controller.  Then I used the 360 and it's not even close.  The triggers and offset thumb sticks make a world of difference.

Project Natal is not really like the Wii, since there no controller.  It's going to be more of an application device than a gaming one.  They're gunning for an iPhone type experience.

But, for gaming, it will enhance it.  Imagine coming to a door, using your controller as you normally do, but then just pushing the door open with your hand.......
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »
i think i've decided on the ps3, the rrod is bascially the deal breaker for me, but dame that "alan wake" game looks good

what size hard drive should i get?  is it really necessary to get a large one if i'm not going to use it for music and movie downloads?

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2010, 03:51:22 PM »
i think i've decided on the ps3, the rrod is bascially the deal breaker for me, but dame that "alan wake" game looks good

what size hard drive should i get?  is it really necessary to get a large one if i'm not going to use it for music and movie downloads?

E

If that is the criteria you're basing your purchase on, I think you're making a mistake.   Despite what's been said here, the new XBox with the Jasper drives don't RRoD.  Plus, even if it does, you get a three year warranty on the thing.  If there's other criteria at play, then as I said, it's really subjective, and you can't go wrong.

But, whichever you choose, make sure you don't fall prey to the HDMI cable overpricing at the stores.  Go to monoprice.com and get their cables with the ferrite cores.  They won't cost more than 5-6 bucks and are excellent.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2010, 04:07:48 PM »
If that is the criteria you're basing your purchase on, I think you're making a mistake.   Despite what's been said here, the new XBox with the Jasper drives don't RRoD.  Plus, even if it does, you get a three year warranty on the thing.  If there's other criteria at play, then as I said, it's really subjective, and you can't go wrong.

But, whichever you choose, make sure you don't fall prey to the HDMI cable overpricing at the stores.  Go to monoprice.com and get their cables with the ferrite cores.  They won't cost more than 5-6 bucks and are excellent.

i just don't want to deal with having to replace the system, i'm reading about people on their 4th and 5th 360

do you have to specifically ask for a jasper drive?

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2010, 06:05:09 AM »
i just don't want to deal with having to replace the system, i'm reading about people on their 4th and 5th 360

do you have to specifically ask for a jasper drive?

E

Sorry it took me so long to answer this.  I think it's the wattage.  Look for an output of 150.  But I would Google it to make sure.  (unless you're currently enjoying your PS3).

But, like I said earlier, all systems have issues.  Free network doesn't mean better:

All around the world, PlayStation 3 consoles simply aren't working like they're supposed to, with a PlayStation Network error preventing people from not just going online, but from playing some PS3 games offline as well.

From Europe to the Americas to, well, my house in Australia, users (mostly of older "Fat" consoles, those released before 2009's "PS3 Slim") are complaining that upon booting their consoles up, they're unable to sign into their accounts, check their trophies, use dynamic themes or access the PlayStation Network. That's fine, Sony say there are PSN connection problems, and that they are "looking into it".

Problem is, the error does more than just prevent you from going online. It prevents you from playing certain games offline as well. The screen above is what I was greeted with when attempting to play Heavy Rain, and pressing out of it simply reboots the PS3, returning you to the main menu screen. It's the same story for other games that feature dynamic trophy support.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2010, 01:10:07 PM »
i purchased a refurbished PS3 on saturday :D

I already completed Heavy Rain, great game

unless i'm doing something wrong i can't get on to playstation network :(

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »
just saw this on the front page of yahoo

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/65898

perfect timing ::)

good thing i beat heavy rain

E
E

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »

such is life, eh  ;D
O

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »
just saw this on the front page of yahoo

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/65898

good thing i beat heavy rain

E

Mine is working.  :o
D

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2010, 05:05:45 PM »
Mine is working.  :o

Think Earl's got the older one that doesn't.
O

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2010, 11:38:51 AM »
You guys rooting for the 360 are insane... the only downside about the ps3 is there's no working mod chip for it..other then that it's f*cking perfect, I have every system made (nes, dreamcast, xbox, ps2, 360, ps3, wii) the ps3 smokes them all and the fact that it gives you free network connection and a blu ray player is just icing on the cake, I use my ps3 as a multi media device
copy divx movies I download to it, have mp3's on it, download full games and game demos and play it online every night with no connection problems or network/server problems. And the controller is 100 times better then that cheap crappy battery powered heavy ass 360 controller. The only thing I'm thankful for with my xbox is I paid $40 to have it hacked/chipped and now get games for $5 for it, and also that I haven't had the red ring of death (yet) I have to pay regular price for ps3 games and I STILL enjoy the system way more then the $5 games I get for 360

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2010, 12:06:09 PM »
I just had to send my 360 in...the thing kept shutting off after being on for about an hour...I bought it brand new at best buy less than 6 months ago & have had nothing but problems....I should have bought the ps3....
DAWG

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2010, 01:05:16 PM »
I just had to send my 360 in...the thing kept shutting off after being on for about an hour...I bought it brand new at best buy less than 6 months ago & have had nothing but problems....I should have bought the ps3....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have a Elite and it is just for Halo.  >:(
D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2010, 01:33:18 PM »

Way more pro's for ps3 then for xbox

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »
You guys rooting for the 360 are insane... the only downside about the ps3 is there's no working mod chip for it..other then that it's f*cking perfect, I have every system made (nes, dreamcast, xbox, ps2, 360, ps3, wii) the ps3 smokes them all and the fact that it gives you free network connection and a blu ray player is just icing on the cake, I use my ps3 as a multi media device
copy divx movies I download to it, have mp3's on it, download full games and game demos and play it online every night with no connection problems or network/server problems. And the controller is 100 times better then that cheap crappy battery powered heavy ass 360 controller. The only thing I'm thankful for with my xbox is I paid $40 to have it hacked/chipped and now get games for $5 for it, and also that I haven't had the red ring of death (yet) I have to pay regular price for ps3 games and I STILL enjoy the system way more then the $5 games I get for 360

i considered buying a 360 to have it modded, where can you get that done?  i watched some vids of the modding on youtube, there's no way i'm capable of doing that myself :-[

i've had my ps3 for about10 days now, i love it and i already completed RE 5 and heavy rain 8)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2010, 03:37:56 PM »
Bioshock has better textures on the 360 than the PS3. 

not true according to IGN, and the ps3 version has more content

E
E

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2010, 07:25:12 PM »

i considered buying a 360 to have it modded, where can you get that done?  i watched some vids of the modding on youtube, there's no way i'm capable of doing that myself :-[

i've had my ps3 for about10 days now, i love it and i already completed RE 5 and heavy rain 8)

E

craigslist :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2010, 08:21:28 AM »
so much for "360 has project natal" ;D

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/sony-s-motion-controller-named-playstation-move-priced-under-100/1393386

E

Project Natal > wannabe Wii gimmick controller.  But, if you enjoy having to buy three peripherals in order to play a finger waving game, have at it.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2010, 08:27:26 AM »
not true according to IGN, and the ps3 version has more content

E

The PS3 struggles running any texture intensive engines like Unreal 3 because it has half the texture RAM.

Y

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »
Oh please, the 360 is a multimedia platform just like the PS3.  You can stream movies through netflix or do it from your computer.  You can also stream music.  It will play DVDs just fine, Blu-Ray is over rated and will be obsolete in the next few years.  It will be digital all the way for everything, including games.  The new Jasper drives don't RROD, so if you are buying one now that's bad on you because it is a known issue and you as a consumer should be doing your homework and looking at the box before you purchase it. 

You guys bragging about your modded consoles...if you do then that is your choice and by all means go ahead and do it.  Thing is if you play online you can and will probably be caught and will have your xbox banned from xbox live.  If you do it again they can ban your ip address.  It can and does happen. 

Crappy battery operated controller?  Heavier?  Sure, but it's more robust.  That, and the PS3 controller is battery operated too! 

I prefer the 360, in my opinion it is a much better platform that will be here for a while as there are so many things that are being added to extend this console's life span.  The PS3 doesn't suck, but the 360 is well rounded. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2010, 01:04:44 PM »
Project Natal > wannabe Wii gimmick controller.  But, if you enjoy having to buy three peripherals in order to play a finger waving game, have at it.

how so?

it's less than $100 and it's better than the wii according to ign

also if having to pay more is an issue with you, why pay for xbox live when psn is free?

at the end of the day 360 is more expensive with all the accessories

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »
Oh please, the 360 is a multimedia platform just like the PS3.  You can stream movies through netflix or do it from your computer.  You can also stream music.  It will play DVDs just fine, Blu-Ray is over rated and will be obsolete in the next few years.  It will be digital all the way for everything, including games.  The new Jasper drives don't RROD, so if you are buying one now that's bad on you because it is a known issue and you as a consumer should be doing your homework and looking at the box before you purchase it. 

You guys bragging about your modded consoles...if you do then that is your choice and by all means go ahead and do it.  Thing is if you play online you can and will probably be caught and will have your xbox banned from xbox live.  If you do it again they can ban your ip address.  It can and does happen. 

Crappy battery operated controller?  Heavier?  Sure, but it's more robust.  That, and the PS3 controller is battery operated too! 

I prefer the 360, in my opinion it is a much better platform that will be here for a while as there are so many things that are being added to extend this console's life span.  The PS3 doesn't suck, but the 360 is well rounded. 

a consumer shouldn't have to look at a box to know if they are getting a faulty product or not, it shouldn't be faulty period

yeah blu ray will eventually be obsolete, but it is the king for now just like vhs and dvd were during their time, 360 still will be using the already obsolete hd hvd

what does the 360 have that makes it more well rounded?  again it has no blu ray :D

unless you're a FPS fanatic, i don't see how the 360 has better games and the fps for ps3 aren't too shabby

i want that alan wake game for 360 but the more i see it the more it looks like a silent hill ripoff

E
E