Author Topic: IFBB WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2008 BAHRAIN - RESULTS  (Read 24653 times)

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
Re: IFBB WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2008 BAHRAIN - RESULTS
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2008, 09:50:02 PM »
Hey, I know what you mean. I realize how much time and dedication it mus take to prepare and compete at that level.  Congratulations on becoming a father. It's one of the greatest things you'll ever experience. IMO   I'm not counting you out though.  You still have plenty good years left to do some damage.  Look at Esmat Sadek. 60+. 

yep Esmat Sadiq ... and his son Ahmed

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2008, 10:05:29 AM »
the athletes from these Asian countries are already pros, in that they get paid by their governments to train and compete.  they probably have a higher standard of living than most 2nd and 3rd tier IFBB pros. 

however, my original comments were really about the state of drug testing.  All these guys at the Worlds are on massive amounts of PEDs.   The IFBB does random testing of the the top 5 of each class, and always some fail.  but we don't know how many are tested.   we don't know if anyone ever passes the test. 

if the IFBB really wants a drug free Worlds (which they don't) then they need to do year round random tests.  Or just drop all pretense that these athletes are drug free.

It is impossible for this sport to be clean … if they wanted to be fair with everyone … as I said before … the doping committee should take urine sample from top 10 of each category and do the test for the top5 … then if any one of them get disqualified they should test whoever is in line to advance and take the higher placing

Test should be done after the finals … and everyone should plan accordingly to be clean on that day …. That will be fair … but out of the competition testing will only allow some to have more advantage than others specially it will be an edge for federations to ban athletes that they don’t like or don’t want to do the show by testing them 2 months out of a show

As I stated before … federations work to get medals and WADA representatives will have to allow these tests to slide … as it is happening in most of the countries … and penalties should be clear and enforced

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2008, 12:10:41 PM »
Ali,

Nice post. The pics are great. In response to the post about the winners being Arab and Persian do you have any response to that. You were there and you probably have seen most of the competitors.  Any truth to the judging being skewed.  Anyone you think deserved higher placing that may have been passed over.  I think you may be dead on the money about the drug testing. I wish they would implement something like that.  It would make the playing field a lot more even.

Pat

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2008, 08:08:42 AM »
To be honest most of the results were spot on … disregarding the drug test, method and the outcome of the results … these bodybuilders should understand it is the world championship … and if u don’t think u will win or are good enough to place hi … don’t  compete …

The level of unprofessionalism of most some of these guys were shocking … some came on stage without color or a decent shape to do a bodybuilding show … and some came in with ridicules amount of oil on their body which made them shine and distinguished from others yet looked bad and was not giving the judges the clear picture … of course most of judges will vote in his favor cause he loox distinguished but the fact of the matter is … hew should be disqualified or not allowed to get on stage cause as the rule book says excessive oil that prevent the judges from seeing a clear condition and shape of the athlete will result in cutting points … these people should put more time isn’t their coloring, posing and presentation rather than pumping iron all the way … as pumping iron is not the only aspect of winning a show

The 70 KG gold might be debatable so the 80KG silver … but I would say … lets comment on that after the doping test … the 100KG was for anyone to win … and the Egyptian guy Zakaria Mohammed still had a lot of flaws yet was able to pull the win … it was the weakest class if you ask me ... I also expected more from Ahmed Alsaafein as if he came in 100% condition … he could have won the 100KG

This is the IFBB report:
http://www.ifbb.com/page_report.php?id=40

Hussein Jasim (75KG Gold) left Bahrain yesterday

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2008, 08:16:03 AM »
Is it just me or others have realized that all the winners are muslims?!?!?!
7 Arabs 2 Persians

I heard a lot of complains from the Europeans and a lot of them don’t want to do the show next year cause it will be in another Arab muslin country

Are you questioning the will of Allah? >:(

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2008, 11:37:28 AM »
If u take the show for granted … don’t expect to win … as I said before … doing your best is never enough … specially at this show … u have to be the best to win … not to be your ultimate best … so first of all you should have the genetics … and then prepare seriously and professionally … the only you can place well

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »
then if you call these athletes in the middle east terrosist  , then samir bannot , the lebanese Mr olympia and nasser el sonbaty , moe benaziza , mohammad makkaway ,ahmad haidar ,jeorge farah , moe mossawi , are  all terrosists . you people live in USA   dont know nothing abroad your country limit. you should respect others to get respect . and for your info american athletes dont compete in  this contest coz its under drug test , unlike the NPC and USA which you can inject all you can get of steroids and GH and synthol and no one will even dare to test u . and if americans BB competed that wont placed . i remember the 1990 Mr olympis how all BB looked small coz they goes under drug test even 6 test positive then joined vince maccmahon to make another federation . till now bodybuilders cant join the olympic commitee coz of steroids use  . even racket is an olympian game still bodybuilding not .

thanks for the shout out brother  8)
follow the arrows