Author Topic: Knee issue  (Read 2964 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Knee issue
« on: November 15, 2008, 08:12:17 PM »
So let me start off by saying I don't have any knee pain.

I run a lot 20-30 miles a week and usually end up squatting or doing something involving my legs (Crossfit) 2-3x a week.  In my running I do some downhill work (maybe 1.5-1.75 miles downhill).  I never feel pain, but my knees surely are creaky from time to time or sore, like I can tell they have done work/taken a pounding.  Is this something to be worried about?  Is it the volume of leg work, weak hamstrings?  Thanks.
Squishy face retard

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Knee issue
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 09:18:52 AM »
I think the knee popping and creaking is normal. My knees pop and creak pretty good until I get them nice and warmed up.

As long as you are stretching and warming up before you run, you should be fine. If it becomes painful, you may have issues.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 08:00:43 AM »
chaos' advice seems good

Do you need to worry about creaking and popping joints?

Not usually.
Joint cracking, commonly in the ankles and knees when walking up steps, is usually a benign condition that you do not need to worry about. While the exact cause is hard to detect, you are not doing damage to the joints when you hear them crack.

If you have pain associated with the cracking joints, then you should be evaluated to make sure there is not an underlying problem. But the average snapping ankles, or creaking knees is not a problem

www.orthopedics.about.co m
R

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 09:36:53 AM »
Thanks chaos and Stella. 
Squishy face retard