Author Topic: Marriage Between One Man, Another Man, and a Woman?  (Read 4163 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Marriage Between One Man, Another Man, and a Woman?
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 11:33:54 AM »
Isn't this the next step?  Not just polygamy, but a "bisexual" man marrying a woman and a man?   

How long until non-gay same-sex marriage becomes a reality? What if a friend needs health insurance? What if someone wants a few wives?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »
animals can't consent and incest creates genetic problems - but then you probably already knew that.

You seem to have some clearly-drawn boundaries in your mind about what is and isn't OK...  which some might argue are as arbitrary as you accuse the traditional marriage folks of being...  What about polygamy/polygyny/polyandry in all its variations?  And what about the NAMBLA dudes...  that's the next thing coming down the pike...  they want their rights too...  they'll argue about what the age and criteria of consent ought to be...  what's the difference?  I'm sure bestiality proponents would also argue what constitutes "consent" and pretty soon they'll be demanding their legal rights too...  Where is the logical conclusion of all of it?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 11:36:06 AM »
How long until non-gay same-sex marriage becomes a reality? What if a friend needs health insurance? What if someone wants a few wives?

If that's what they want then that's what they want; you don't have to do it.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 11:37:40 AM »

It will be a reality.  People have sham marriages now for immigration/citizenship purposes. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 11:41:08 AM »
You seem to have some clearly-drawn boundaries in your mind about what is and isn't OK...  which some might argue are as arbitrary as you accuse the traditional marriage folks of being...  What about polygamy/polygyny/polyandry in all its variations?  And what about the NAMBLA dudes...  that's the next thing coming down the pike...  they want their rights too...  they'll argue about what the age and criteria of consent ought to be...  what's the difference?  I'm sure bestiality proponents would also argue what constitutes "consent" and pretty soon they'll be demanding their legal rights too...  Where is the logical conclusion of all of it?

This ain't difficult - consenting adults - man/woman, man/man, woman/woman, man/man/woman etc...

Frankly, if a brother and sister want to get married I really don't care but there are legitimate medical reasons why they should never have kids.    Has anyone ever heard of a brother and sister who want to get married.  I've seen one story about this in my entire life and I think it was somewhere in Germany.   To compare something so rare that it's practically non-existent with gays is stupid.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 11:41:16 AM »
At least once you marry your cat, you'll get more pussy than you are now.   ;D
]

Shit ain't that the truth  ;D

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 11:42:04 AM »
Why should you get special privileges just because you are married?

What special privledges do married people get?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 11:45:00 AM »
Another thread about controlling other people brought to you by advocates of personal freedom and governmental non-interference.

Look out, if we let consenting adults marry, then the slippery slope is greased:  hello NAMBLA, Goats, dogs and anything else the bigoted minds can come up with.

The level of paranoia in this country is really something.

I have to go now.  I think my neighbor is smoking marijuana.  I've been watching her all day through her kitchen window, taking notes, and I'm certain she's getting high.  I better get back to my window downstairs and watch her some more.

I think it's about time I do the right thing and call the cops....anonymously of course.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 11:53:32 AM »
Another thread about controlling other people brought to you by advocates of personal freedom and governmental non-interference.

Look out, if we let consenting adults marry, then the slippery slope is greased:  hello NAMBLA, Goats, dogs and anything else the bigoted minds can come up with.

The level of paranoia in this country is really something.

I have to go now.  I think my neighbor is smoking marijuana.  I've been watching her all day through her kitchen window, taking notes, and I'm certain she's getting high.  I better get back to my window downstairs and watch her some more.

I think it's about time I do the right thing and call the cops....anonymously of course.

LOL.  ;D
I hate the State.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 11:53:50 AM »
This ain't difficult - consenting adults - man/woman, man/man, woman/woman, man/man/woman etc...

Frankly, if a brother and sister want to get married I really don't care but there are legitimate medical reasons why they should never have kids.    Has anyone ever heard of a brother and sister who want to get married.  I've seen one story about this in my entire life and I think it was somewhere in Germany.   To compare something so rare that it's practically non-existent with gays is stupid.

You addressed incest, which I didn't even ask about in my post.  But what about all that other stuff that I did ask about?  Who's to say your definition of what's OK is any more or less arbitrary than mine?  Where does it end?  And you also didn't address exactly what defines "consent."  That's totally open to interpretation.

Everybody wants their rights.  But nobody wants to talk about duty or responsibility or personal accountability.  Much less the old antiquated outdated notions of right and wrong.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 11:59:31 AM »
You addressed incest, which I didn't even ask about in my post.  But what about all that other stuff that I did ask about?  Who's to say your definition of what's OK is any more or less arbitrary than mine?  Where does it end?

Everybody wants their rights.  But nobody wants to talk about duty or responsibility or personal accountability.  Much less the old antiquated outdated notions of right and wrong.

it's SIMPLE

Consenting adults humans = none of my business.

That's the beginning and end.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »
You addressed incest, which I didn't even ask about in my post.  But what about all that other stuff that I did ask about?  Who's to say your definition of what's OK is any more or less arbitrary than mine?  Where does it end?  And you also didn't address exactly what defines "consent."  That's totally open to interpretation.

These things have become irrelevant in modern society. It's all about what you can get personally these days.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 12:02:14 PM »
These things have become irrelevant in modern society. It's all about what you can get personally these days.

What does responsibility have to do with gays and gay marriage? ???
I hate the State.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 12:03:25 PM »
What does responsibility have to do with gays and gay marriage? ???

Thank you for beautifully illustrating what Hereford pointed out.  You're so myopic you can't see past the end of your nose.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 12:15:22 PM »
People should also be able to marry pets.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 12:32:36 PM »
Thank you for beautifully illustrating what Hereford pointed out.  You're so myopic you can't see past the end of your nose.

Then please explain in light of my myopia...
I hate the State.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2008, 01:55:23 PM »
Then please explain in light of my myopia...

Because you can't see the relationship between the marriage issue and individual responsibility to keep the moral fabric of society intact.

I know those are all tired, trite cliches to so many people anymore.  But they still mean something and ignoring them has repercussions.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2008, 02:03:17 PM »
it's SIMPLE

Consenting adults humans = none of my business.

That's the beginning and end.

Then, to pedophiles, you're just as "bigoted", as heteros who want marriage to be a 1M-1W union are.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2008, 02:04:58 PM »
Then, to pedophiles, you're just as "bigoted", as heteros who want marriage to be a 1M-1W union are.
By definition, a pedophile cannot be in a consenting relationship.  A child lacks the legal capacity to consent.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2008, 02:06:47 PM »
Why do people who are against gay marriage always conflate it with polygamy, incest, beastiality etc...?

Because the claim that changing the gender rules about marriage is about "civil rights", but changing the numbers rule, family relation rule, or even the human being rule (items that even most gay activists condemn themselves) makes no sense.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008, 02:06:57 PM »
By definition, a pedophile cannot be in a consenting relationship.  A child lacks the legal capacity to consent.

Tell that to NAMBLA.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 02:07:03 PM »

Then we'll change the legal definition of "consent!"  I'm sure pedophiles have all sorts of compelling arguments why it should be changed.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2008, 02:12:01 PM »
Tell that to NAMBLA.
Why should I?  It's a legal fact in 50 of our 57 states.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2008, 02:15:02 PM »
Homosexuality is a mental illness. The mentally ill cannot legally enter into contracts in most states, INCLUDING California. Marriage is a contract. Connect the dots.   ;)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2008, 02:15:12 PM »
Then we'll change the legal definition of "consent!"  I'm sure pedophiles have all sorts of compelling arguments why it should be changed.
You and Beach Bum will say anything to make your point.  

Forget the fact that homosexual marriages are between two consenting adults.

What about pervert child molesters wanting to have sex with kids and then marry them?  What about 'em.  What do they have to do with the topic at hand?

Slippery slope arguments are fairly weak b/c of the necessity of factual and logical leaps and bounds.

This is no different.