Author Topic: Movie Question please-Spoiler Empire of the Sun  (Read 3705 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Movie Question please-Spoiler Empire of the Sun
« on: November 06, 2008, 07:46:10 AM »
What was the movie about a kid in France (?) or something that lived w/his wealthy parents kind of in the country in a huge house w/servants and the Germans (?) were coming so they were trying to leave through downtown but the parents and kid got separated in the crowd and the kid was "rescued" by some guys that lived on a boat but one turned out to be a weirdo or something (can't remember for sure) and the kid finally made his way back home and when he got there the servants were stealing stuff and some were mean to him and they were leaving because the Germans were coming and they occupied the house and the kid went to a prison camp where he did OK for himself but then everyone was released (war over?) and they went for a long walk and people were dying and there was a place in the middle of nowhere ........................ .........
R

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Movie Question please
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:14:32 AM »
no idea, maybe you can get a hit by using imdb's power search?

http://www.imdb.com/list

Z

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 10:32:08 AM »
What was the movie about a kid in France (?) or something that lived w/his wealthy parents kind of in the country in a huge house w/servants and the Germans (?) were coming so they were trying to leave through downtown but the parents and kid got separated in the crowd and the kid was "rescued" by some guys that lived on a boat but one turned out to be a weirdo or something (can't remember for sure) and the kid finally made his way back home and when he got there the servants were stealing stuff and some were mean to him and they were leaving because the Germans were coming and they occupied the house and the kid went to a prison camp where he did OK for himself but then everyone was released (war over?) and they went for a long walk and people were dying and there was a place in the middle of nowhere that had a bunch of riches that the Germans had plundered from people and then the kid ended up in an orphanage and finally was reunited w/his parents?

Stella this sounds more like the kid that is rich and ends in japan in a concentration camp, maybe thats the real movie you looking for?

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 10:37:19 AM »
this is the only movie that could actually be the one you looking for

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 10:56:39 AM »

That is it!  That is it!  Thanks Benz and Bluto :)
R

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 10:58:43 AM »
That is it!  That is it!  Thanks Benz and Bluto :)

Yes, and they lived in shanghai and thats when the drama start and the stupid kid get on a boat full of brits , they get caught, sent to a concentration camp and the kid gets beaten daily lol

he end being friend of another jap kid, because both loved airplanes, great movie

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 11:01:46 AM »
Yes, and they lived in shanghai and thats when the drama start and the stupid kid get on a boat full of brits , they get caught, sent to a concentration camp and the kid gets beaten daily lol

he end being friend of another jap kid, because both loved airplanes, great movie
Yes, when I saw the clip you posted I recognized the music and when I saw the airplanes I remembered more of the movie.

I was searching Bluto's link w/words regarding what you had said..that it was a Japanese Concentration Camp and remembered that...I wasn't having any luck and saw your youtube post.

Thanks again, it was a great movie!
R

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 11:03:35 AM »
Yes, when I saw the clip you posted I recognized the music and when I saw the airplanes I remembered more of the movie.

I was searching Bluto's link w/words regarding what you had said..that it was a Japanese Concentration Camp and remembered that...I wasn't having any luck and saw your youtube post.

Thanks again, it was a great movie!

np, theres another one of a group of doctors that go to countries in war, and they help people. 2 fall in love, one die, still great movie, but i cant remember the name :)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 11:44:07 AM »
np, theres another one of a group of doctors that go to countries in war, and they help people. 2 fall in love, one die, still great movie, but i cant remember the name :)
Not sure about that one...maybe try Bluto's link!
R

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 11:08:58 PM »
Isn't it amazing. That little kid in Empire of the Sun is Christian Bale, The Batman.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 04:53:55 AM »
Isn't it amazing. That little kid in Empire of the Sun is Christian Bale, The Batman.

I think its amazing that Stella's initial question is ONE single sentence   :o

:)
It hasn't helped...

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 07:49:21 AM »
I think its amazing that Stella's initial question is ONE single sentence   :o

;D
I didn't realize that!
R

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 07:35:16 PM »
I think its amazing that Stella's initial question is ONE single sentence   :o

...and it's a spoiler too.  >:(
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 02:01:12 PM »
What was the movie about a kid in France (?) or something that lived w/his wealthy parents kind of in the country in a huge house w/servants and the Germans (?) were coming so they were trying to leave through downtown but the parents and kid got separated in the crowd and the kid was "rescued" by some guys that lived on a boat but one turned out to be a weirdo or something (can't remember for sure) and the kid finally made his way back home and when he got there the servants were stealing stuff and some were mean to him and they were leaving because the Germans were coming and they occupied the house and the kid went to a prison camp where he did OK for himself but then everyone was released (war over?) and they went for a long walk and people were dying and there was a place in the middle of nowhere that had a bunch of riches that the Germans had plundered from people and then the kid ended up in an orphanage and finally was reunited w/his parents?

EPIC run-on sentence!  Empire of the sun was a fantastic movie

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 05:29:28 PM »
R

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Movie Question please-Spoiler Empire of the Sun
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 08:59:03 AM »
It's a good movie Stella, i recommend it.  Christian Bale plays the lead.  John Malcovic plays a good part.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »
It's a good movie Stella, i recommend it.  Christian Bale plays the lead.  John Malcovic plays a good part.
Yes, I saw it a long time ago.   I wanted to rent it but couldn't remember the name.

Was John M. one of the guys on the boat?
R

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 09:47:13 AM »
Yes, I saw it a long time ago.   I wanted to rent it but couldn't remember the name.

Was John M. one of the guys on the boat?

He plays a guy in the prison camp that befriends the kid.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 12:11:54 PM »
He plays a guy in the prison camp that befriends the kid.
Oh yeah!
R