Author Topic: NPC Nationals: Does anyone beat Peter Putnam?  (Read 4722 times)

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
Re: Does anyone beat Peter Putnam at Nationals?
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 07:23:08 PM »
Shit....I was right...you really don't know what you talking about  8)

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 07:36:33 PM »
Thank you!  He'll fade away after he turns pro.

He def has a future in the 202 Class. Thats why this class was brought in.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 08:14:12 PM »
Like last year?

Chick - don't start bringing facts and logic into the conversation. You won't get anywhere with that ;)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 11:20:36 PM »
al auguste, kenneth jackson, and darrell terrell are all VERY GOOD! and could beat putnam

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2008, 11:33:59 PM »
No,

like dexter at the olympia this year.

ah... the power of an AMI contract..

Another brilliant comment...you mean the Olympia where Jay could show up in any shape, as it was already decided he would win his third?

Or the 06 Olympia that Ronnie was supposed to win to beat the record before retiring?

BobbyHasBeenBad

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 11:45:59 PM »
Pete Putnam is actually quite the attention whore...looking for contracts and attentions. He is kinda liek a girl that way.

Darelle Turell is competition and I hope he wins.

I am surprised Peter is not on here blowing kisses and thanking us all for good wishes like sean allen does on md.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: NPC Nationals: Does anyone beat Peter Putnam?
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 12:07:25 AM »
Pete Putnam is actually quite the attention whore...looking for contracts and attentions. He is kinda liek a girl that way. Darelle Turell is competition and I hope he wins.

Peter has a great chance of winning his class, he is the favorite, but others are right there. It will be interesting. 

Hey, you mean Peter gets the attention to get a good contract with companies. Wow - now that is attention. Some people wish they could do that too.

See you in Atlanta.

BobbyHasBeenBad

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 12:29:01 AM »

Peter has a great chance of winning his class, he is the favorite, but others are right there. It will be interesting. 

Hey, you mean Peter gets the attention to get a good contract with companies. Wow - now that is attention. Some people wish they could do that too.

See you in Atlanta.

You misunderstand silly ron avidan. Peter is needy needy needy. He wants exposure and fame and attention. Many wish they could do that like vince goodrum and derek anthony as well.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 12:30:41 AM »
You misunderstand silly ron avidan. Peter is needy needy needy. He wants exposure and fame and attention. Many wish they could do that like vince goodrum and derek anthony as well.
Timeout.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 12:52:17 AM »
Anyone heard Putnam speak?

About as much personality as a wind up doll.

BIGRENS79

• Getbig II
  • MR. POT HEAD
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 04:47:19 AM »
Manny Torres

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 05:09:30 AM »

Another brilliant comment...you mean the Olympia where Jay could show up in any shape, as it was already decided he would win his third?

Or the 06 Olympia that Ronnie was supposed to win to beat the record before retiring?

the internet has done a lot to break up unnecessary dynasties.

I bet if the forums had been so active, fostering so much controversy and discussion in the 90s, Shawn Ray and Levrone might have a Mr O on their mantle right now.

back then, the mags showed the angles and pics that the dynasty-owners wanted... Dorian was the champ because, well, by the time your FLEX mag arrived in your mailbox, 1/4 of his reign was already over.  If you changed champs every year, it'd be darn near impossible to brand some of these guys.  Most casual BBing fans can *maybe* name 3-4 guys from the 80s and 90s.

Today, fans know more.  Internet is a good thing.

donation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2008, 05:31:48 AM »
Bob thanks you  for his ass kissing "jeffro".

Thanks for the expert analysis, "donation."  ::)

donation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2008, 05:35:37 AM »

No, the olympia where Victor (with out an AMI contract) lost to an out of shape Jay
and the following year where Dexter (with an AMI contact) beat an improved Jay.

or how about the 2001 olympia where they somehow gave it to a bloated coleman, and screwed cutler..

the list goes on and on..

But, please entertain us with another rationalization that would make Manion proud.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2008, 07:40:36 AM »
No, the olympia where Victor (with out an AMI contract) lost to an out of shape Jay
and the following year where Dexter (with an AMI contact) beat an improved Jay.

or how about the 2001 olympia where they somehow gave it to a bloated coleman, and screwed cutler..

the list goes on and on..

But, please entertain us with another rationalization that would make Manion proud.

2001 is a great example....Jay SHOULD have won, without question...Allegedly, he was supposed to win, was the great white hope, was the touted Weider guy...was supposed to beat Coleman so there could be a great rematch the next year, was ahead on the scorecard after the prejudging.....but he ended up losing.

Same thing goes for Gunter beating Ronnie at the GNC show....allegedly "set up" so Gunter could then go on to win the Olympia and Joe's favorite son could be the next Mr. O.....

Poor jusding decisions don't lead to a full blown conspiracy...

BTW...just so you know...Dexter has the same AMI contract that Jay does. Perhaps bringing it up a THIRD time will make it mean something more to you

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2008, 09:19:34 AM »
What is Putnam gonna do as a Pro?
Ridiculous.

Uhm, that doesn't matter.  He's got the physique to win the Nationals this year, and will be a pro whether you like it or not.  Besides there are a lot of pros who don't win a pro show, but still enjoy what they are doing and can be successful...

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 09:26:14 AM »
I'm going with Irwin Wierzbicki    -    Chicago Heights, IL

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 09:27:17 AM »
I don't think many experts thought Dexter or Ronnie would Win several shows and the Olympia both had a hard time becoming  Pro and were not the more prominent Amateur at their times.

donation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 11:23:47 AM »
so now "poor judging decisions"  is what is used to explain the many fixes in the sports greatest show?

Haney 8 - 3  "poor judging decisions"
Dorian 6 - 3  "poor judging decisions"
Ronnie 8 - 4  "poor judging decisions"

chick, if i too were a mere puppet, I would really like your terminology, it sounds PC !

I see you can't even form a response as to how Victor (no AMI contract) loses to Jay,
for Dexter to sign on, then beat Jay (who had clearly improved since 07)

2001 is a great example....Jay SHOULD have won, without question...Allegedly, he was supposed to win, was the great white hope, was the touted Weider guy...was supposed to beat Coleman so there could be a great rematch the next year, was ahead on the scorecard after the prejudging.....but he ended up losing.

Same thing goes for Gunter beating Ronnie at the GNC show....allegedly "set up" so Gunter could then go on to win the Olympia and Joe's favorite son could be the next Mr. O.....

Poor jusding decisions don't lead to a full blown conspiracy...

BTW...just so you know...Dexter has the same AMI contract that Jay does. Perhaps bringing it up a THIRD time will make it mean something more to you

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2008, 02:19:10 PM »
Joshua Fred    -    Carolina, PR

Saw pics of him several days ago, major changes from last year at Nationals...very much improved!
Joshua came off a strong showing at the USA's..

Putnam is good, but it is all about who brings the best on THAT given day!

Wish everbody the best!

BobbyHasBeenBad

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2008, 03:51:36 PM »
Anyone heard Putnam speak?

About as much personality as a wind up doll.

silly boost that is an insult to the wind-up doll. About as much personality as a chopstick.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2008, 03:51:47 PM »
Does anyone know how long the finals will probably last on Saturday night? Will it be longer than 4 hours?
Bump for an answer..does anyone know how long the finals typically last? It starts at 6:30, and I need to know if it will be over by 10:30?