Author Topic: 3 Best Backs in the HISTORY OF THE SPORT  (Read 72054 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: 3 Best Backs in the HISTORY OF THE SPORT
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2008, 03:20:20 AM »

If 'Flex' says so, then it must be true..........  ::)

And Ronnie's back still lacks the detail, striations and overall conditioning of Dorian in those pics. Ronnie almost has a smooth 'plastic' look in comparison to the grainy look of Dorian, weird  :-\

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2008, 01:33:33 PM »

how many weeks out was this pic taken?

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2008, 01:43:08 PM »
If 'Flex' says so, then it must be true..........

just ask ND. The idiot repeatedly quoted Team Flex when they voted Dorian as having the best back of all-time. If anyone tried to argue otherwise, his response would be "so you think you know more than a bunch of experts who saw Dorian and Ronnie in person? LOLOL" ::)

And Ronnie's back still lacks the detail, striations and overall conditioning of Dorian in those pics. Ronnie almost has a smooth 'plastic' look in comparison to the grainy look of Dorian, weird

what Ronnie's back lacks compared to Dorian's, he makes up for in other ways. Ronnie has better width, thickness, symmetry, and taper. Dorian's back looks flat as a pancake in some poses... weird. :-\

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2008, 01:46:52 PM »
;) ;) ;)

I wish I had the DVD version of this screen cap. :-\

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2008, 02:09:11 PM »
The bottom line is that the original photo that started this thread perfectly illustrates Dorian's superiority.  Even with Ronnie being shown carrying his much heralded size from 2003, it isn't enough.  Yates had the most complete muscular back of all time.   

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2008, 02:12:11 PM »
The bottom line is that the original photo that started this thread perfectly illustrates Dorian's superiority.  Even with Ronnie being shown carrying his much heralded size from 2003, it isn't enough.  Yates had the most complete muscular back of all time.   
Thread Closed.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2008, 02:34:14 PM »

wrong. You are comparing an offseason photoshoot pic of Dorian to a candid shot of contest Ronnie. Ronnie isn't even fully hitting the pose yet. If you want to compare apples to apples instead of apples to oranges, here are better comparisons than the one the OP posted.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2008, 02:37:51 PM »
The bottom line is that the original photo that started this thread perfectly illustrates Dorian's superiority. 

Nah, you just choose to believe those ones.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2008, 02:49:21 PM »

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2008, 02:55:19 PM »
wrong. You are comparing an offseason photoshoot pic of Dorian to a candid shot of contest Ronnie.

So you're not contesting the fact that Dorian's back is better, just whether the shot of Dorian is from a contest or off season.  Gotcha. ;)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2008, 03:03:16 PM »
So you're not contesting the fact that Dorian's back is better, just whether the shot of Dorian is from a contest or off season.  Gotcha.

in that comparison? Yes. I can do the same and use a flattering pic of Ronnie and an unflattering pic of Dorian. Rather than looking smarter, you just made yourself look dumb. Think before you speak next time. ;)

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2008, 03:22:22 PM »
how many weeks out was this pic taken?
about the same amount of weeks out when this picture was taken.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2008, 04:03:56 PM »
yawn, the pics don't lie. Ronnie was already the same width as Dorian in 96, and even wider in 03. Spare me the lame excuse "he doesn't hold his pose like Ronnie does." ::) I don't see that stopping you from posting the back double biceps shot where Dorian is fully hitting the pose while Ronnie isn't flaring his lats yet. Let's also not forget that Dorian was much closer to his prime than Ronnie.

how is posting comparisons using Kevin Levrone as a reference "trying to connect the dots?" It's as simple as B is almost as wide as A but much narrower than C.

silly boy, I own your ass in logic. So don't belittle my reasoning abilities b/c it only makes you look foolish. The back double biceps pic you keep posting doesn't prove anything. Dorian and Ronnie aren't hitting the identical pose, and Dorian was 1 yr away from his prime while Ronnie wouldn't peak for another 5-7 yrs (depending on version).

Oh noes, Ronnie has higher lats that Dorian! The difference is only like 1 cm. ::)

upper traps? Where are you?

my, how easy it is to disprove you with pics. ;D

now let me wrap up why Ronnie has a better back. ;)

yawn, the pics don't lie. Ronnie was already the same width as Dorian in 96, and even wider in 03. Spare me the lame excuse "he doesn't hold his pose like Ronnie does." ::) I don't see that stopping you from posting the back double biceps shot where Dorian is fully hitting the pose while Ronnie isn't flaring his lats yet. Let's also not forget that Dorian was much closer to his prime than Ronnie.

No pics do lie NICE TRY and they don't lie when they suit your ignorant claims  ::) more retard logic from boy-Neo again Dorian is to the far left and he's not flaring his lats out like Coleman therefore that's not accurate , look at the pic from 1997 where he is clearly standing relaxed with his lats fully flared out you'd be sorely mistaken if you think Ronnie is ' wider ' than that any year , perhaps Ronnie tied him or maybe had even a slight advantage but to claim it's clear cut is nonsense , just look at the difference from the same contest in the back double biceps shot of the two side-by-side NO excuses NO angles if Ronnie's back truly was wider than Dorians in 1996 it would be clearly evident so spare me the excuse he's not fulling flexing his lats , that's how he does his back double biceps shot and it's clearly evident he's not as wide and even entertaining he is wider in 2003 so what at the expense of density lol you're fucked either way

how is posting comparisons using Kevin Levrone as a reference "trying to connect the dots?" It's as simple as B is almost as wide as A but much narrower than C.

No it's not simple as ABC , sorry to many intangeables , angle , lighting , weights , posing , etc , etc another poor attempt by you trying to connect the dots you tried ( and failed ) with Cutler's calves

silly boy, I own your ass in logic. So don't belittle my reasoning abilities b/c it only makes you look foolish. The back double biceps pic you keep posting doesn't prove anything. Dorian and Ronnie aren't hitting the identical pose, and Dorian was 1 yr away from his prime while Ronnie wouldn't peak for another 5-7 yrs (depending on version).

You couldn't own me or my logic if this was 1860 and I was black , you'd have to know what you're talking about and I have proven time and time again YOU'RE ignorant about competitive bodybuilding. and that pic I posted proves many things , such as trap length , lat and torso length , detail and development of the teres and infranspinatus , no funny angles , NO Dorian to the far left and I said many times neither were at their all-time best and spare me the Dorian was one year away nonsense , you're always reaching with semantics , playing your retard game Ronnie was just 2 years away from his  ::) 1998 is considered his best Olympia showing so once again see fail you know the way you've been there many times before  ;)

Oh noes, Ronnie has higher lats that Dorian! The difference is only like 1 cm. ::)

lmfao I love your expert guesstimates lol wow 1cm  ::) Ronnie's wider despite never seeing the two side-by-side live & in person , I can always count on you for a laugh , ever consider torso length? 1cm  ::) or how about a picture of the two side-by-side live in person on the same stage , oh we have one of those and it clearly shows Dorian's torso is long and his lats insert much lower , Coleman is like Haney with a shorter torso and longer legs , other clear example of you being ignorant and trying to downplay another clear advantage of Dorians

upper traps? Where are you?

You think posting one pic proves anything? just your bias and stupidity , consider all things , all angles . just look at the staggering difference in trap size between the two in the back double biceps shot among many others , Dorians traps are out of this world

my, how easy it is to disprove you with pics. ;D

You didn't prove anything , it's not where near the level of Dorian not by a country mile , Dorian's x-mass destroys these with ease

now let me wrap up why Ronnie has a better back. ;)

Thanks for not being able to prove Ronnie has a better back and rely on popular opinion lol in 2000 they voted Yates best back this was during Ronnie's reign you never did answer why this new poll is correct and the other is now defunct lol what improved? how about other polls that clearly says Dorian's is better? how about Ronnie in 2003 conceded Dorian's back is the ' thickest & freakiest ' he's seen ? how about Samir Bannout in 2002 saying Dorian's is the best or many others? epic failed escaped attempt lol

Dorian has bigger and better traps covered in striations and are separated from the upper & lower , Ronnie's aren't advantage Dorian

Dorian has lower lats , longer torso , better sweep and feathered striations much more clearly defined than Ronnie , advantage Dorian

Dorian's teres & infraspinatus are bigger and more detailed than Ronnie , advantage Dorian

Dorian's lower back is much more clearly defined and his spinal erectors are thicker , advantage Dorian

so where is Ronnie beating Dorian in the back department? yeah I thought so  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2008, 04:08:05 PM »
wrong. You are comparing an offseason photoshoot pic of Dorian to a candid shot of contest Ronnie. Ronnie isn't even fully hitting the pose yet. If you want to compare apples to apples instead of apples to oranges, here are better comparisons than the one the OP posted.

LMFAO when in doubt crack out the extremely biased CREATIONS of your own design LMFAO that's when you know you lost , pictures are a joke and always have been , Dorian's lats , traps and torso and all longer and bigger than Ronnies yet in your heavily slanted ' comparisons ' they're the same length lol not to mention calf size , Dorian's waist is narrower lol

you're a joke the ultimate fan-boy get this garbage out of here

this is an actually side-by-side comparison , study it fan-boy it's called reality  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2008, 04:11:33 PM »
just ask ND. The idiot repeatedly quoted Team Flex when they voted Dorian as having the best back of all-time. If anyone tried to argue otherwise, his response would be "so you think you know more than a bunch of experts who saw Dorian and Ronnie in person? LOLOL" ::)

what Ronnie's back lacks compared to Dorian's, he makes up for in other ways. Ronnie has better width, thickness, symmetry, and taper. Dorian's back looks flat as a pancake in some poses... weird. :-\

WRONG I always maintained it was subjective and the two most spoken names were Dorian & Ronnie  ;) you're the one always dismissing the experts namely judges and Ronnie himself

LMFAO width , thickness an symmetry  ::) 2003 Ronnie's back looks soft next to Dorian even IF it might have been wider that entertaining your nonsense

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »

The standing relaxed shot of Dorian is from the 1995 Mr Olympia

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2008, 04:15:26 PM »
LMFAO when in doubt crack out the extremely biased CREATIONS of your own design LMFAO that's when you know you lost , pictures are a joke and always have been , Dorian's lats , traps and torso and all longer and bigger than Ronnies yet in your heavily slanted ' comparisons ' they're the same length lol not to mention calf size , Dorian's waist is narrower lol

you're a joke the ultimate fan-boy get this garbage out of here

this is an actually side-by-side comparison , study it fan-boy it's called reality  ;)

MELTDOWN

Stop resorting to back double-bis for lat comparisons.  ::)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2008, 04:26:10 PM »
in that comparison? Yes. I can do the same and use a flattering pic of Ronnie and an unflattering pic of Dorian. Rather than looking smarter, you just made yourself look dumb. Think before you speak next time. ;)

So, essentially you're saying that Ronnie's 2003 form is unflattering.  You said it smart guy.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2008, 05:17:32 PM »

:'(

sorry dorian
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »
dorian was barely wider than kevin..

and ronnie was much wider than Kevin...
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2008, 05:19:59 PM »
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2008, 05:21:54 PM »
what stands out to me most in the dorian shot used in the intial comparison is the thickness of his WAIST not the thickness of his back..

holy shit this is a wide waist..
Flower Boy Ran Away

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2008, 05:22:16 PM »

Is this comparison supposed to favour Ronnie over Dorian? Fail! Dorian's back is much better overall.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »
Is this comparison supposed to favour Ronnie over Dorian? Fail! Dorian's back is much better overall.

you like wrinkles of loose skin don't you?
Flower Boy Ran Away

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2008, 05:32:03 PM »
YOU FALL FOR ALL KINDS OF PHOTO ENCHANCEMENTS DONT CHA......YOU CAN TELL THAT THE DORIAN PIC WAS WAS RESIZED DOWN FROM THE TOP TO BOTTOM TO MAKE IT APPEAR WIDER THEN MAYBE WIDENED FROM LEFT TO RIGHT OR WHATEVA.......WOW JUST WOW.