Author Topic: How is Fedor#1 with this record  (Read 14281 times)

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
Re: How is Fedor#1 with this record
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2008, 02:11:57 AM »
The thing is there aren't that much new, good interesting HW fighters. Maybe Gonzaga, Kongo and Lesnar.  But apart from that it's still the same top guys from a couple of years ago.
UFC is the biggest MMA organisation (can't argue with that)
Nog is the nr.1 in their HW division (I know Lesnar is the current champ but still)
Fedor beat him twice and nothing makes me think the outcome of another fight between them is gonna be different.

Bottomline Fedor is nr.1 with that record because he has beat most of the top HW fighters and hasn't been beaten, ever.

That being said he could use a top fight to get all the arguing out off the way.
skullfucking rules

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2008, 08:35:47 AM »
The thing is there aren't that much new, good interesting HW fighters. Maybe Gonzaga, Kongo and Lesnar.  But apart from that it's still the same top guys from a couple of years ago.
UFC is the biggest MMA organisation (can't argue with that)
Nog is the nr.1 in their HW division (I know Lesnar is the current champ but still)
Fedor beat him twice and nothing makes me think the outcome of another fight between them is gonna be different.

Bottomline Fedor is nr.1 with that record because he has beat most of the top HW fighters and hasn't been beaten, ever.

That being said he could use a top fight to get all the arguing out off the way.

Fedor has been beaten before...but anyways Fedor needs to come to the UFC. All the rest of the top contenders have.

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2008, 09:45:16 AM »
That was a NC rather than a defeat and he would have GnP'd Kohsaka into oblivion if they would have continued...

But anyways a HW division with: Fedor, Nog, Lesnar, Barnett, Overeem, Gonzaga, Alovski, Sergei, Crocop, Sylvia, Mir,...  them havin a HW GP pride style.  Now that would be sweet.

Fedor by armbar ;D
skullfucking rules

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2008, 11:55:05 AM »
Fedor has been beaten before...but anyways Fedor needs to come to the UFC. All the rest of the top contenders have.

once.

...eight years ago.

also, what contenders do you mean? you need to stop being a "UFC is all that counts" moron. fedor beat nog twice. if nog beats mir (which i'm sure he will) and then fights lesnar (where he'll probably win again), does fedor have to beat nog a THIRD time for you to be impressed?

sylvia took 5 rounds before couture won a decision. fedor beat him in 30 seconds. what fighters has fedor not beaten for you to think he's the top dog? who's left? you aren't counting any non-UFC fighters, and the current HW division isn't exactly stellar.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2008, 12:13:02 PM »
once.

...eight years ago.

also, what contenders do you mean? you need to stop being a "UFC is all that counts" moron. fedor beat nog twice. if nog beats mir (which i'm sure he will) and then fights lesnar (where he'll probably win again), does fedor have to beat nog a THIRD time for you to be impressed?

sylvia took 5 rounds before couture won a decision. fedor beat him in 30 seconds. what fighters has fedor not beaten for you to think he's the top dog? who's left? you aren't counting any non-UFC fighters, and the current HW division isn't exactly stellar.

If Fedor is beaten, it will be by medical disqualification.  He does cut, and an American AC ref will stop the fight, otherwise, he dominates ANY heavyweight in the world today.  This is an asenine argument.  Almost as bad as someone on the UG saying BJ's last sub win off his back was against Bang by arm triangle....lol.....NOT knowing, and trying to speak from a position authority is classic GB mmaintelligence. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2008, 02:02:59 PM »
once.

...eight years ago.

MMA math does not work the way you think it does. If so in so did it in 2 rounds and the other did it in 1 he is better hahahahahaahh. NEWBIE!
Fighting in the UFC is all that counts...if you want to be recognized as a mainstream top fighter. Like it or not...it's politics.
quit fighting it...and you still have your pride DVD's to watch if you don't like it. :o

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2008, 02:05:33 PM »
If Fedor is beaten, it will be by medical disqualification.  He does cut, and an American AC ref will stop the fight, otherwise, he dominates ANY heavyweight in the world today.  This is an asenine argument.  Almost as bad as someone on the UG saying BJ's last sub win off his back was against Bang by arm triangle....lol.....NOT knowing, and trying to speak from a position authority is classic GB mmaintelligence. 

All specualtion on your part on how good Fedor currently is" He dominates any heavyweight in the world today"=speculation.

You know fedor is CURRENTLY ducking top competition...oh well he is a has been anyways unless he steps up to the UFC and proves it.

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2008, 02:54:42 PM »
All specualtion on your part on how good Fedor currently is" He dominates any heavyweight in the word today"=speculation.

You know fedor is CURRENTLY ducking top competition...oh well he is a has been anyways unless he steps up to the UFC and proves it.

He isn't in the UFC but who's fault is that.  We don't know what kind of deal Dana threw at him.  Could have been nothing less of an insult for all we know.  This dude fights fore a living therefor he should consider his paycheck.

And not being in the UFC, what top competition is he exactly ducking?
skullfucking rules

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2008, 03:17:26 PM »
He isn't in the UFC but who's fault is that.  We don't know what kind of deal Dana threw at him.  Could have been nothing less of an insult for all we know.  This dude fights fore a living therefor he should consider his paycheck.

And not being in the UFC, what top competition is he exactly ducking?

We really do not know who's fault it is. Two facts.

Fedor is not in UFC.
Fedor has been fighting second rate fighters in second rate orgs for a couple years now.

It is what it is. Does not really matter why.

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2008, 03:25:13 PM »
We really do not know who's fault it is. Two facts.

Fedor is not in UFC.
Fedor has been fighting second rate fighters in second rate orgs for a couple years now.

It is what it is. Does not really matter why.

I somehow don't see us agreeing about this. 
You raise valid points, however, I copied the card of his last fight.  not exactly a collection of cans, is it.
Seems a pretty solid organisation.  at least the fighters in it.

1      Paul Buentello     Gary Goodridge     Decision (Unanimous)     3     5:00
2    Vitor Belfort    Terry Martin    KO (Punches)    2    3:12
3    Mike Pyle    JJ Ambrose    Submission (Rear-naked choke)    1    2:51
4    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira    Edwin Dewees    TKO (Punches)    1    4:06
5    Matt Lindland    Fabio Nascimento    Decision (Unanimous)    3    5:00
6    Renato Sobral    Mike Whitehead    Decision (Unanimous)    3    5:00
7    Mark Hominick    Savant Young    Submission (Armbar)    2    4:25
8    Josh Barnett    Pedro Rizzo    KO (Punch)    2    1:44
9    Andrei Arlovski    Ben Rothwell    KO (Punches)    3    1:13
10    Fedor Emelianenko    Tim Sylvia    Submission (Rear-naked choke)    1    0:36
skullfucking rules

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2008, 04:10:39 PM »
a fight that ends in the first round by accidental cut doesnt count. which makes it twice he beat nog, not three times
try to get your facts straights

So by your logic Fedor is undefeated, seeing as that was basically his only loss on record.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2008, 04:31:11 PM »
MMA math does not work the way you think it does. If so in so did it in 2 rounds and the other did it in 1 he is better hahahahahaahh. NEWBIE!
Fighting in the UFC is all that counts...if you want to be recognized as a mainstream top fighter. Like it or not...it's politics.
quit fighting it...and you still have your pride DVD's to watch if you don't like it. :o

you're an idiot. end of story. a piss-poor troll who watched some UFC videos and because he's an american moron thinks those are the only fighters that matter. so you've deluded yourself into thinking that non-UFC means crap despite all the pride fighters that kicked the shit out of UFC guys when they came over, and now you're trying to convince SOMEONE that fedor sucks.

name a list of fighters better than fedor in the HW division. c'mon, i'm curious.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2008, 04:36:42 PM »
you're an idiot. end of story. a piss-poor troll who watched some UFC videos and because he's an american moron thinks those are the only fighters that matter. so you've deluded yourself into thinking that non-UFC means crap despite all the pride fighters that kicked the shit out of UFC guys when they came over, and now you're trying to convince SOMEONE that fedor sucks.

name a list of fighters better than fedor in the HW division. c'mon, i'm curious.
You're awfully riled up, Fedor must mean alot to you.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2008, 04:58:37 PM »
It's quite possible that the attraction Fedor has on some guys have nothing to do with how he perform in the ring... Just saying.
Z

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
It's quite possible that the attraction Fedor has on some guys have nothing to do with how he perform in the ring... Just saying.

LOL ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2008, 05:16:21 PM »
Fedor isn't ducking shit, he's have to be downright retarded to sign a one way contract with ufc that prohibits him from partaking in his beloved world combat Sambo tournaments, dana is a fucking nazi that wants to own his fighters souls, he wants exclusive contracts, exclusive merch. etc.  Fedor is just too smart to play that motherfuckers game. For all we know dana's conditions for Fedor's UFC contract were based on  3-5 fight deal, starting at some bullshit like $20,000 a fight and slowly increasing from there, all while at the same time losing the ability to market yourself and your image. It's bullshit plain and simple.

Sucks that red tape and politics are overtaking this sport, it's starting to become like boxing... match ups are based on who will generate more ppv and tickets sales versus who should actually be fighting each other rank wise.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2008, 05:28:03 PM »

I've been asking him to name a list too so that we can laugh at him. He won't. He's a dipshit troll who jumped on the UFC bandwagon and let Dana and those other twats brainwash him into thinking that the UFC is the be all, end all league. He can't name anyone because there isn't anybody in the UFC HW division capable of holding Fedor's jock, let alone beat him. I wouldn't be surprised if it was another Bluto gimmick.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2008, 05:28:52 PM »
This thread = teh funny.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2008, 05:42:51 PM »
I somehow don't see us agreeing about this. 
You raise valid points, however, I copied the card of his last fight.  not exactly a collection of cans, is it.
Seems a pretty solid organisation.  at least the fighters in it.

1      Paul Buentello     Gary Goodridge     Decision (Unanimous)     3     5:00
2    Vitor Belfort    Terry Martin    KO (Punches)    2    3:12
3    Mike Pyle    JJ Ambrose    Submission (Rear-naked choke)    1    2:51
4    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira    Edwin Dewees    TKO (Punches)    1    4:06
5    Matt Lindland    Fabio Nascimento    Decision (Unanimous)    3    5:00
6    Renato Sobral    Mike Whitehead    Decision (Unanimous)    3    5:00
7    Mark Hominick    Savant Young    Submission (Armbar)    2    4:25
8    Josh Barnett    Pedro Rizzo    KO (Punch)    2    1:44
9    Andrei Arlovski    Ben Rothwell    KO (Punches)    3    1:13
10    Fedor Emelianenko    Tim Sylvia    Submission (Rear-naked choke)    1    0:36

Seriously, almost everyone of those guys could not cut in it the UFC and were cut. Amateur card. Little better than King of Cage.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2008, 05:46:07 PM »

I am American, and I like UFC. I liked Pride too...but I have moved on :o

Understand, that I didn't say he sucks...I said he needs to prove that he is CURRENTLY number 1 in HW. UFC is the only org able to pull something like this off.

Pride is dead. Has been a couple years now. Get over it. Didn't you hear...The UFC bought it.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2008, 05:50:45 PM »
I've been asking him to name a list too so that we can laugh at him. He won't. He's a dipshit troll who jumped on the UFC bandwagon and let Dana and those other twats brainwash him into thinking that the UFC is the be all, end all league. He can't name anyone because there isn't anybody in the UFC HW division capable of holding Fedor's jock, let alone beat him. I wouldn't be surprised if it was another Bluto gimmick.

Well to name names, I will say Nog, Lesnar and Couture have all fought top competition this year. Not saying they are necessarily better, but we just don't know. Fedor fighting who he is fighting (when he actually fights) does not tell us shit. Quit bringing up what Fedor did in a GP in 2003...does not tell us anything about his skills.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2008, 06:25:22 PM »
This thread = teh funny.

this thread sucks a dead dogs dick !

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2008, 06:51:26 PM »
this thread sucks a dead dogs dick !
;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2008, 06:53:25 PM »
You're awfully riled up, Fedor must mean alot to you.

i'm bored and haven't had a good internet fight in a while.  >:(

for the record, blooto, fedor's ugly as hell anyway. :P

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2008, 08:35:54 PM »
i'm bored and haven't had a good internet fight in a while.  >:(

for the record, blooto, fedor's ugly as hell anyway. :P

There is no fight going on here...we are just listening to people who are butt hurt about Pride being bought out and they just can't come to terms that this is 2008 :)

It's ok...sooner or later there will be nothing but the UFC and WEC.  Like it or not.