Author Topic: Dr Scott Connelly on the radio - He is tackling Adonis Principles!!!!  (Read 15630 times)

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
Re: Dr Scott Connelly on the radio - He is tackling Adonis Principles!!!!
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 08:10:39 PM »
Why would you eat 350 calories of Sugar by itself?  Why would anyone?

Because "a calorie is a calorie"  ::)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »
Really? No shit? And all this time I thought a 350 calorie snickers bar was the same as a 350 calorie Chicken breast!

;D ;D Exactly. Someone's trying way too hard to invent a better wheel.
a

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 08:12:38 PM »
MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT

I was just using ice cream as an example to help agree with your pumpkin pie statement. Whenever I am trying to put on weight I make my post-workout shakes with ice cream. I cut back the protein powder a little bit though since I'm already getting a lot of dairy, which has protein in it. I purposely avoid the fat and sugar free stuff. I figure if I'm eating ice cream I'm doing this right.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2008, 08:13:07 PM »
Yea I hear ya.  If Apenis keeps saying pumpkin pie is better than that other stuff I may change my whole attitude about him ;) ;)

I'm going to eat my annual allotment of pumpkin pie in the next 72 hours

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »
he never said you should eat 350 calories of sugar, he just said that you could if you chose to as long as you met the other nutritional requirements.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »
Adam couple of questions. Why do you pick 2000 cals for a cutting diet? Wouldn't it be different for someone who weighs more and has more muscle? Also, I know your views on protein intake, what if someone was getting slightly more than 1 gr per pound, do you feel that is detrimental?

That is easy to answer.  That is all he can find on the internet.  Any other weight or factors would make it to difficult to just cut & paste.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2008, 08:15:10 PM »
he never said you should eat 350 calories of sugar, he just said that you could if you chose to as long as you met the other nutritional requirements.

for most people it would be better to figure out how to pack the most nutrients into the least amount of calories

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2008, 08:23:17 PM »
Adam couple of questions. Why do you pick 2000 cals for a cutting diet? Wouldn't it be different for someone who weighs more and has more muscle? Also, I know your views on protein intake, what if someone was getting slightly more than 1 gr per pound, do you feel that is detrimental?
1. Well It does depend on the individual certainly.  I choose 2000 for the Natural, sedentary bodybuilder which let`s face it, a lot of us are.    2000 is not set in stone by any means it is just what I use personally as I am Natural and Sedentary for the most part.  Also, 2000 is a perfect starting/ending point for Naturals which will not be detrimental.  Naturals usually have to bring their diets to about 2000 eventually to get really ripped.  Take Cardio out of the equation and the 2000 is even more bearable.

With that said, I also like to multiply bodyweight times 12-15 and use that as a starting point also.  If no real change is made in appearance or weight loss in a month, I would then lower calories by 200 and repeat.

I myself can eat around 2500-2800 without gaining any noticeable weight.  Right now I am eating 2000 calories 5 days a week and not counting calories at all on the weekends.  Last Month, I didn`t count calories the entire month.  I probably was averaging around 3000-6000 calories.  I made a lot of recipes with Lamb, Fruit Compotes......using Payard, Alinea, Mario Batali, etc....

Even when I eat 2000 calories I still cook from cookbooks.  Just simply tally the calories of the recipe, then make it.  Weigh the finished product, then do a proportional ratio to figure out your caloric needs.  I suspect most people do not know how to do this which is why they don`t bother cooking.  It really is simple.

2. No detriments whatsoever but no real positives either.  I am sure I go over when I eat a 12 ounce steak, Met-Rx Protein bars, Milk etc...I just advocate that people get at least .5 to 1 gram per pound of bodyweight.  More is not necessary, but I am sure I go over all the time with my adventurous cooking.

Note: I do not know anything about the protien needs for drug users and given the fact there are so many radical drugs out there that alter the body`s chemistry so much, I would not presume to know where to direct a drug user.  I have no interest in examining or researching it either.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2008, 08:23:50 PM »

Exactly.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2008, 08:26:32 PM »
Yea I hear ya.  If Apenis keeps saying pumpkin pie is better than that other stuff I may change my whole attitude about him ;) ;)

Martha Stewart and Keith Olbermann made a great Pumpkin Pie today.
Simple to make.

Ingredients
Serves 12
FOR THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs (about 16 crackers)
3 ounces (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate (preferably 61 percent cacao), finely chopped
FOR THE FILLING
6 ounces semisweet chocolate (preferably 55 percent cacao), chopped
2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Ground cloves
1 ounce milk chocolate, melted
Directions
Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugars, salt, and cinnamon in bowl. Firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of a deep, 9 1/2-inch pie dish. Bake until firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove from oven, and sprinkle bittersweet chocolate over bottom of crust. Return to oven to melt chocolate, about 1 minute. Spread chocolate in a thin layer on bottom and up sides. Let cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.

Make the filling: In a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt semisweet chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
Mix pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, eggs, cornstarch, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and a pinch of cloves in a medium bowl. Whisk 1/3 pumpkin mixture into chocolate mixture. Whisk in remaining pumpkin mixture until completely incorporated.
Transfer pie dish to a rimmed baking sheet, and pour pumpkin mixture into crust. Bake until center is set but still a bit wobbly, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pie dish on a wire rack. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 8 hours (preferably overnight). Before serving, drizzle melted milk chocolate on top. Serve immediately.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2008, 08:27:55 PM »
I don't know who is more pitiful, Gaydonis or the people who actually take him seriously and play into his attention whoring nature?  :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2008, 08:29:59 PM »
I don't know who is more pitiful, Gaydonis or the people who actually take him seriously and play into his attention whoring nature?  :-\
Says the man who thought Sarah Palin was a genius.  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »
for most people it would be better to figure out how to pack the most nutrients into the least amount of calories
If that were the case, they sure would NOT be eating Rice or Oatmeal by itself as they are devoid of Nutrients when compared to other choices.

Now make a recipe with Oatmeal or Rice and it is acceptable as providing ample Nutrients.  By themselves, not so much.

You would be suprised to learn that most bodyuilders are actually getting poor nutrition.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2008, 08:31:58 PM »
Pumpkin Pie rules, so does pumpkin milk shakes and pumpkin lattes, why cant we have those flavours all year round...lot of hate out there for pumpkins

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2008, 08:34:26 PM »
Pumpkin Pie rules, so does pumpkin milk shakes and pumpkin lattes, why cant we have those flavours all year round...lot of hate out there for pumpkins

What about intercourse with pumpkins?

I heard it can be quite seedy...
No doubt about it...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2008, 08:35:59 PM »

I love pumpkin pie

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2008, 08:36:38 PM »
Lol yes!

I was discussing this just the other day regarding egg nog.  I mean we live in a technologically advanced agricultural growing and providing society where we can make and get anything on demand regarding food, so seasonal eating of the past is somewhat silly.  Sure, honor traditions, but there certainly is no rule saying you can`t eat a Roast with Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes and Pumpkin Pie in the Summer.

American food memes are out of control I tell you!

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »
How I achieved my goal of 4% body fat by eating peanuts out of my own shit.

By The True Adonis

You might say this is pretty astonishing, but then you might be one of those mere ignorami who subscribe to the idea that you’ve got to ‘eat right’ to lose weight. Well, I’m here to blow holes in that silly myth. I achieved 4 % body fat by eating the peanuts, pea husks, and other caloric legumes out of my own shit. Oh, and with a little Vodka sauce, which is a combination of savory tomatoes, olive oil, cheeses, basil, garlic, oregano and a kick of vodka. Emeril has some very good vodka sauce. I eat it all the time, with the peanuts out of my own shit, of course.

You see, a calorie is calorie, and one simply needs to consume less calories, no matter what they are, than one burns. Cardio is not necessary, because I have this ‘equation’ wherein I consider the thermal and mechanical output of my body, calculate my basal metabolic rate, and simply eat less than that.

Eating the peanuts out of my own shit makes it even easier. This is because I get the full caloric value out of the legume, instead of this mythological “calorie value” you’re supposed to get from the first time around. I find it takes at least three passages to get the full flavor and caloric content from my legumes.

Sometimes I eat the peanuts out of my own shit with a Burger King Whopper. Of course, then I’m eating the sesame seeds out of my own shit for a day or two, which are quite good with Vodka sauce…Did I mention that Emeril has some very good vodka sauce?

QUOTED 2007

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2008, 08:38:37 PM »
If that were the case, they sure would NOT be eating Rice or Oatmeal by itself as they are devoid of Nutrients when compared to other choices.

Now make a recipe with Oatmeal or Rice and it is acceptable as providing ample Nutrients.  By themselves, not so much.

You would be suprised to learn that most bodyuilders are actually getting poor nutrition.

I wouldn't be that suprised

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2008, 08:47:04 PM »
1. Well It does depend on the individual certainly.  I choose 2000 for the Natural, sedentary bodybuilder which let`s face it, a lot of us are.    2000 is not set in stone by any means it is just what I use personally as I am Natural and Sedentary for the most part.  Also, 2000 is a perfect starting/ending point for Naturals which will not be detrimental.  Naturals usually have to bring their diets to about 2000 eventually to get really ripped.  Take Cardio out of the equation and the 2000 is even more bearable.

With that said, I also like to multiply bodyweight times 12-15 and use that as a starting point also.  If no real change is made in appearance or weight loss in a month, I would then lower calories by 200 and repeat.

I myself can eat around 2500-2800 without gaining any noticeable weight.  Right now I am eating 2000 calories 5 days a week and not counting calories at all on the weekends.  Last Month, I didn`t count calories the entire month.  I probably was averaging around 3000-6000 calories.  I made a lot of recipes with Lamb, Fruit Compotes......using Payard, Alinea, Mario Batali, etc....

Even when I eat 2000 calories I still cook from cookbooks.  Just simply tally the calories of the recipe, then make it.  Weigh the finished product, then do a proportional ratio to figure out your caloric needs.  I suspect most people do not know how to do this which is why they don`t bother cooking.  It really is simple.

2. No detriments whatsoever but no real positives either.  I am sure I go over when I eat a 12 ounce steak, Met-Rx Protein bars, Milk etc...I just advocate that people get at least .5 to 1 gram per pound of bodyweight.  More is not necessary, but I am sure I go over all the time with my adventurous cooking.

Note: I do not know anything about the protien needs for drug users and given the fact there are so many radical drugs out there that alter the body`s chemistry so much, I would not presume to know where to direct a drug user.  I have no interest in examining or researching it either.

Thanks for the response. Counting cals is very easy. Obviously the more muscle you have the more protein one would need, but as far as drugs go I never really believed that drugs increased you need for more protein, but instead increased the utilization of it it. Of course this is just my theory, but I am basing it on seeing people gain on drugs with no change in calories and or protein intake. I believe most guys on drugs eat way too damn much anyway.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2008, 08:48:29 PM »
What about intercourse with pumpkins?

I heard it can be quite seedy...

Good one!  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2008, 08:52:30 PM »

Thanks for the response. Counting cals is very easy. Obviously the more muscle you have the more protein one would need, but as far as drugs go I never really believed that you the allowed you to use much more protein as it does as far as utilizing it. Of course this is just my theory, but I am basing it on seeing people gain on drugs with no change in calories and or protein intake. I believe most guys on drugs eat way too damn much anyway.
I don`t see how you guys keep up with the new drugs and the dosages and all of that.  It seems like there are so many vairables involved which is why the majority of Doctors won`t even think about advocating steroids.  These people are taking so many different compounds and not in isolation it is a complete wonder to me how they are certain they are going to achieve the desired result.  Or are most people flying blind which seems to be the case? 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2008, 08:59:13 PM »
I don`t see how you guys keep up with the new drugs and the dosages and all of that.  It seems like there are so many vairables involved which is why the majority of Doctors won`t even think about advocating steroids.  These people are taking so many different compounds and not in isolation it is a complete wonder to me how they are certain they are going to achieve the desired result.  Or are most people flying blind which seems to be the case? 

Well please don't include me into the "you guys"  as I  also think that these guys are making things way too complicated. When I lay out a plan for someone it is more towards the diet side of things and not drugs. I think this is what surprises guys more than anything. They think that I am going to give them someone kind of secret formula when it comes to drugs. The more shit you take the harder it is to bring a guy in peak condition. The guys in the 70's and 80's had it right.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2008, 09:04:25 PM »
Well please don't include me into the "you guys"  as I  also think that these guys are making things way too complicated. When I lay out a plan for someone it is more towards the diet side of things and not drugs. I think this is what surprises guys more than anything. They think that I am going to give them someone kind of secret formula when it comes to drugs. The more shit you take the harder it is to bring a guy in peak condition. The guys in the 70's and 80's had it right.
Have you ever read about the Minnesota Starvation Experiment?  It is really interesting how they undertook it and what they were able to observe and learn.  Google it. I think you would find it interesting.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »
Have you ever read about the Minnesota Starvation Experiment?  It is really interesting how they undertook it and what they were able to observe and learn.  Google it. I think you would find it interesting.

Sounds familiar, wasn't there a program on about this? I'll google it and check it out.