Author Topic: gettin back to the gym  (Read 2347 times)

inthehole

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
gettin back to the gym
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:40:49 PM »
if ur getting back into the gym for the first time in about year... would train for you strength you once had or to get back in shape?   had to take a year off....  My mind tells me to go for the power, but when i look in the mirror, i see i need to diet....

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: gettin back to the gym
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 04:51:45 PM »
Is your goal strength or size? 

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 09:29:09 AM »
I am in the same boat.  Starting back this week after at least a year lay off.  I had to actually go and clean all the dust off my equipment... sad.

Flex13

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 05:49:13 PM »
yeah, been back for about 2 months after a near layoff.  I have been doing cardio in the AM and then back in the early afternoon for weights, but I am not happy with the weight program

D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 02:03:10 PM »
I would focus on doing moderate weight training and dial in my diet with some mild cardio.

The first 6 weeks should be pretty moderate as far as strength training goes. Those first few weeks are when you can seriously injure yourself even when you know what you are doing.

I would focus on getting your diet in good shape and then train with moderate intensity for the first 6 weeks. After that you can up the training intensity and add some cardio if you are looking to lose some bodyfat.

The main priority after a year or more layoff is just getting your body back into the routine of eating, lifting and resting properly.

8)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 03:33:42 PM »
I would focus on doing moderate weight training and dial in my diet with some mild cardio.

The first 6 weeks should be pretty moderate as far as strength training goes. Those first few weeks are when you can seriously injure yourself even when you know what you are doing.

I would focus on getting your diet in good shape and then train with moderate intensity for the first 6 weeks. After that you can up the training intensity and add some cardio if you are looking to lose some bodyfat.

The main priority after a year or more layoff is just getting your body back into the routine of eating, lifting and resting properly.

8)

well said and sound advice
X