Author Topic: meaning of life  (Read 7272 times)

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
Re: meaning of life
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 06:49:33 PM »
whatever built the universe is something so complex that our simple brains cannot comprehend it.

Any man who claims we're animals, or claims we're something bigger, or claims to KNOW what happens next, is incredibly over-confident in his abilities.

good one there!

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2008, 04:41:04 AM »
whatever built the universe is something so complex that our simple brains cannot comprehend it.

Any man who claims we're animals, or claims we're something bigger, or claims to KNOW what happens next, is incredibly over-confident in his abilities.

You havent got his nr by any chance?

Couple of things I wana run by him...

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2008, 09:45:52 AM »
Work. Spend your money on materialistic things to impress people and to get girls. Work. Get a girl and spend all your money on her. Work. Get married and buy a house and cars. Work. Have a couple of kids. Work. Reality sets in Wife becomes a nag and cuts her hair like a boy. Work. Kids become teenagers and uncontrollable. Work. Start going to marriage counselors because you cannot keep the wife happy no matter what you do? Work. She divorces you, takes half your stuff, and puts you in the street. Work. Ex Wife is now the nastiest Women on Earth and threatens to put you in a cage if your late with any payments. Work. Now you find out you have prostate cancer and your gonna die! Work. Death..................G ame Over. Whats the meaning of life? I haven't a clue?

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2008, 10:20:23 AM »
the fact human are questioning themselves about the meaning of life is only due to their brain being bigger and more developped than animals.

Even if we can understand more things than stupider living beings, it doesnt mean we re not designed to do the exact same things than em in the end: survive.

We' re all using our brains to have a better survival than the others.

But humans struggle their whole life to achieve the exact same things animals with smaller and less developed brains spend their lifetime achieving:

hunt,eat, take a dump, fuck , survive as long as you can, die.

Basically humans, whatever they do in their everyday life, are attempting to achieve the very same things, even if they put sophisticated labels on what they 're doing. Everything we do is motivated by basic needs, wether you're an artist or working at mc donald. 

Men like animals only have the desire to survive. Some do it better than others.

Humans are also able to compare themselves to how other human being perform. It often lead to frustration and useless pain.
Point is wether you're rich or poor, well known or a nobody, you will live the exact same things and will have to do the exact same fundamental things all living species have to do/are programmed to do in their lifetime.

Animals somehow may be happier than humans, cause at least they dont have to feel the pain of being able to compare themselves to other living begins that may seem to perform "better" than em.

Another interesting point is that even if human are smarter than animals, if some ateroids collide with earth we're all going to disapear in a split second. Says a lot about the real meaning of our so called "intelligence".

The funny is that even considering ourselves as well advanced civilization, we couldnt do much about any major natural disaster tha could occur like solar blasts or massive waves of asteroids crashing on earth.

Somehow we aint smarter than dinosaurs with brains the size of peanuts.

And if we hapened to develop some technologies allowing us to settle on others planets , we would only do so in order to..survive.

Survival is the only point of life. Being happy is not even the first thing we care about.

You exist for the only purpose to exist somehow.

It can be an interesting way to see our lifes, cause it means that wether you're living poor or rich, succesful and well known or unknown and average, at least you're living, you're existing , and nobody can take that away from you. Well, wait a second...actually ...other living beings can kill you!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 10:34:08 AM »
Satisfaction

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 10:39:37 AM »

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2008, 10:46:19 AM »

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
It is energy we need to concern ourselves with.
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2008, 01:37:19 PM »
= hapiness.

Yes.
Happiness in a temporary sense means temporary satisfaction.
Happiness in a general sense means accumulated satisfaction.

The catch here is, what is truly, not illusory, "satisfaction." The real need we have and need to fulfill is an energy need. Everything else is consequential. Many things can satisfy us, most of them are not in our awareness, they often statisfy in ways we can't consciously detect, and those are often even more valuable than that we are aware of.

What we think is "satisfaction" is often an illusion of satisfaction, meaning we usually trick ourselves into thinking something satisfies us when what it really is is relief brought on by the knowledge that we are attempting to make ourselves happy. "I'm proud of myself for trying to make myself happy; I deserve what I'm doing for myself." This is illusion and our actual concern should be actual happiness, which is that which yields a permanent satisfaction, an enhanced and permanent experience of life itself. The goal should be a progressive evolution of one's own energy throughout the course of life.

As for the meaning of life itself, it applies to all things living and not. In a sense all things are "living." It is the same thing; it is the same energy, it intertwines and interacts endlessly. The "meaning of life" pertains to energy itself and I've covered that already in this thread.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2008, 02:27:44 PM »
the fact human are questioning themselves about the meaning of life is only due to their brain being bigger and more developped than animals.

Even if we can understand more things than stupider living beings, it doesnt mean we re not designed to do the exact same things than em in the end: survive.

We' re all using our brains to have a better survival than the others.

But humans struggle their whole life to achieve the exact same things animals with smaller and less developed brains spend their lifetime achieving:

hunt,eat, take a dump, fuck , survive as long as you can, die.

Basically humans, whatever they do in their everyday life, are attempting to achieve the very same things, even if they put sophisticated labels on what they 're doing. Everything we do is motivated by basic needs, wether you're an artist or working at mc donald. 

Men like animals only have the desire to survive. Some do it better than others.

Humans are also able to compare themselves to how other human being perform. It often lead to frustration and useless pain.
Point is wether you're rich or poor, well known or a nobody, you will live the exact same things and will have to do the exact same fundamental things all living species have to do/are programmed to do in their lifetime.

Animals somehow may be happier than humans, cause at least they dont have to feel the pain of being able to compare themselves to other living begins that may seem to perform "better" than em.

Another interesting point is that even if human are smarter than animals, if some ateroids collide with earth we're all going to disapear in a split second. Says a lot about the real meaning of our so called "intelligence".

The funny is that even considering ourselves as well advanced civilization, we couldnt do much about any major natural disaster tha could occur like solar blasts or massive waves of asteroids crashing on earth.

Somehow we aint smarter than dinosaurs with brains the size of peanuts.

And i we hapened to develop some technologies allowing us to settle on others planets , we would only do so in order to..survive.

Survival is the only point of life.

You exist for the only purpose to exist somehow.

It can be an interesting way to see our lifes, cause it means that wether you're living poor or rich, succesful and well known or unknown and average, at least you're living, you're existing , and nobody can take that away from you. Well, wait a second...actually ...other living beings can kill you!

Good post.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2008, 02:36:05 PM »
Good post.

You read all that shit?  I nodded off twice in the first paragraph.  Could you summarize?

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2008, 02:37:22 PM »
You read all that shit?  I nodded off twice in the first paragraph.  Could you summarize?
it would be a waste of time, you're too dumb anyway. Just go away do something else.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2008, 02:37:59 PM »

exactly, cliff notes would be more appropriate

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2008, 02:39:05 PM »
exactly, cliff notes would be more appropriate
why ? do you feel like you're missing something?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2008, 02:39:36 PM »
it would be a waste of time, you're too dumb anyway. Just go away do something else.

Oh brother, fagadajones.... you obviously didn't understand it and just wanted to sound intelligent...swing and a miss queefling.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »
Getbig is the meaning of Life and Ron is God
Z

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2008, 02:47:54 PM »
make the most of your god nature given ability to survive and don't hatehate aggrisvely if it allows your ass to prevail. that's all anyone can all anyone HAS to do.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2008, 03:10:04 PM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2008, 03:22:47 PM »
There is no meaning to life.

This is a "FAIL" universe.

Hope it helps!

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »
make the most of your god given ability and don't hate. that's all anyone can do.

Truth. Do what you love and what you are good at. The rest will follow.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2008, 03:23:50 PM »
There is no meaning to life.

This is a "FAIL" universe.

Hope it helps!

Study metaphysics then tell me that.  ;)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
Study metaphysics and tell me that.  ;)

How to define meaning?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2008, 03:54:21 PM »
fuck you all, that's all i have to say.
Deep Tissue Massage

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2008, 04:01:45 PM »
How to define meaning?

It will make you realize that this is not a "fail" universe, but rather an astronomically mysterious one in which our influences stretch far beyond we can imagine, literally.

At the most minute level, everything is made of energy, which is so dynamic we are mostly unable to detect or measure it's mechanisms. We can't even figure it out because we're influencing reality and the makeup of reality as we try to figure it out. Things are never the same and never will be. Everything is not constant. It is all endlessly dynamic, always moving, always changing, never the same as it was, is, or ever will be.  

Only by realizing this, taking a few macro steps back from everyday life, and using the knowledge we do have of our influence on everything can we then determine what we are doing. We are influencing the overall energetic makeup of everything, and it is accumulating in time. This, in turn, empowers the energetic makeup of everything that exists, all that we perceive and can't perceive. We are accomplishing more than anything that ever existed before simply by existing. We can each individually influence this effect, this "empowerment" of everything to a maximum degree by accumulating maximum positive energy throughout our lives. Therefore, we each contribute to the empowerment of everything that exists, but the degree to which each of us contribute is determined by each of ourselves.

(What flagadajones discussed is true in a very, very material sense. It does not touch on the meaning, however. But when we're talking about the actual "meaning," it has more to do with a macro ("bigger-picture") view of our influence on all that exists, not our narrow, every day lives, or role in an ancient, hunter-gatherer society. That is too narrow to even be in the vacinity of actual meaning.)

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2008, 04:06:33 PM »
this post is gonna sound stupid, but today i was eating icecream with my girlfriend and i figured the meaning of life!!!

:)

hahaha