Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti  (Read 113368 times)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti
« Reply #425 on: March 30, 2010, 09:59:36 AM »
No, you look good.  I only meant decent photos of you are few and far between.

i'll be featured in an up coming issue of musclemag, it was done in the offseason last year while i was in vegas for the Olympia.

now i just got to get on a cover....been doing this a long time and only 1 cover in 93 with Danny Hester on Muscle Media 2000.

ANIMAL

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #426 on: March 30, 2010, 04:40:16 PM »
regardless of what you meant to say
why would you even come close to insulting a man who is a fine bodybuilder
and takes the time to answer our questions here
a little respect is in order
IN MY HUMBLE OPINION
get big can certainly be a rough place on occasion
let's try to be courteous to vinny! no more smart alec statements!

I’m not sure why you would think so, but there was nothing insulting about what I said, and I think Vinny knows better than to think that.  Unlike many posters here I am not in the habit of offering gratuitously nasty comments.

More photos Vinny!  :)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #427 on: March 30, 2010, 05:01:19 PM »
i'll be featured in an up coming issue of musclemag, it was done in the offseason last year while i was in vegas for the Olympia.

now i just got to get on a cover....been doing this a long time and only 1 cover in 93 with Danny Hester on Muscle Media 2000.

lol,,,i am a magazine hoarder and have that issue,i should come to your gym and have u sign it lol......it was a cool cover.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: March 30, 2010, 05:33:13 PM »
I’m not sure why you would think so, but there was nothing insulting about what I said, and I think Vinny knows better than to think that.  Unlike many posters here I am not in the habit of offering gratuitously nasty comments.

More photos Vinny!  :)

I apologize if I misjudged you......hopefully..... you will accept my peace offering.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #429 on: March 31, 2010, 03:45:35 AM »
I apologize if I misjudged you......hopefully..... you will accept my peace offering.

it's all good, we are cool.
ANIMAL

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #430 on: April 08, 2010, 06:54:17 AM »

i just wanted to see if i could do well in a contest. then when i started placing and winning, i gave the jr usa a try because it was held in NJ.
i got my doors waxed, and placed 15th. i never thought of going back to a national show after that...it was all for just getting in great shape.
after winning my class in the nj states, i gave the jr usa another try...i won my class.

i have taken each contest as it comes, and market my self to the best that i can.

we have way too many LAZY bodybuilders today....im not talking about what goes on in the gym, i'm talking about MARKETING.

i have seen so many guys turn pro before and after me from my area, and you never see them in a magazine. its not because the mags dont want them, its because the bodybuilder is not trying hard enough  or not at all to get work.

everyone would like to be Mr O, BUT it is a lot easier to get in a magazine.....lol

getting off the topic a bit, i walk into the expo this past weekend and i run into a guy that we ALL know....{don't ask, i'm not mentioning his name}  and he looked kinda miserable, but i made my way over to say hello anyway.....his response was negative about the long day ahead
and i thought to my self, man there are 1,000's of guys sitting home wishing their feet were tired from standing all day signing autographs, getting paid, and living the dream.

i walked away laughing and it put me in a great mood....

good advice right there!
Team MEL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #431 on: April 08, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »
it's all good, we are cool.
where are u at in terms of weight?condition?wks out,,,,

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: April 10, 2010, 02:35:50 PM »
.now i just got to get on a cover....been doing this a long time and only 1 cover in 93 with Danny Hester on Muscle Media 2000.

I actually have that issue...Gosh MM2K....what a great mag back in the day. I remember Bill Philips saying that you guys were his athletes and that you were both "Natural" and would take a test any time to prove this.....The real story?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #433 on: April 20, 2010, 03:41:04 AM »
I actually have that issue...Gosh MM2K....what a great mag back in the day. I remember Bill Philips saying that you guys were his athletes and that you were both "Natural" and would take a test any time to prove this.....The real story?

I dont know, I never knew he said that.
ANIMAL

newmom

« Reply #434 on: April 20, 2010, 04:26:12 AM »

happy belated bday Vinny

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #435 on: April 20, 2010, 12:49:10 PM »
its on the cover or inside says 100 pct drug free muscle and listed both your weights,happy b day 2,,,,

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #436 on: April 21, 2010, 07:31:58 PM »
its on the cover or inside says 100 pct drug free muscle and listed both your weights,happy b day 2,,,,

i think it said danny was natural, and then it said something like "champion" bodybuilder for me...lol
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #437 on: April 22, 2010, 01:14:47 PM »
MUSCLEMAG INTERNATIONAL JUNE 2010 ISSUE.

PAGE 170 -
ANIMAL

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: April 22, 2010, 02:02:16 PM »
Vin,

When will your training dvd be released??? Are you prepping for any shows now???

Did John Hnatyshack sell his subway store yet???

Could you briefly describe the routine you guys used when he was preparing for the masters olympia??

sets.....reps.....weight .....exercises????? Thanks, bro!

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #439 on: April 25, 2010, 05:35:09 PM »
Vin,

When will your training dvd be released??? Are you prepping for any shows now???

Did John Hnatyshack sell his subway store yet???

Could you briefly describe the routine you guys used when he was preparing for the masters olympia??

sets.....reps.....weight .....exercises????? Thanks, bro!

i am not thinking of competing this year. i am moving my business this week to a new location, and i'm focusing more on that.

i havn't talked to john in  while.

we just trained, increased the weight about 10 to 20 lbs every set, went for 12-15 reps per set, and made sure we got a pump. nothing too fancy.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #440 on: April 25, 2010, 06:07:26 PM »
i am not thinking of competing this year. i am moving my business this week to a new location, and i'm focusing more on that.

i havn't talked to john in  while.

we just trained, increased the weight about 10 to 20 lbs every set, went for 12-15 reps per set, and made sure we got a pump. nothing too fancy.

so competing is on hold,training good?condition/size 220???maintain,staying in shape for clients,guestpose.cool,,

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: April 25, 2010, 09:35:52 PM »
vin......

really enjoyed the new article featuring you, in the latest musclemag international!!

when were those pictures taken??  you look fantastic!!!

SORRY......JUST NOTICED YOUR POST ABOVE, WHICH ANSWERS MY QUESTION REGARDING YOUR MUSCLEMAG INTERNATIONAL PHOTO SHOOT.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #442 on: April 27, 2010, 09:44:35 AM »
vin,since your parents are older generation italians and u were the youngest ,how did ur genetics for shape,sm waist look,come from ,did u see old pics from family and see where it came from,u were skinny i read when u were younger.u train,diet and then that look u had came about some how.ur parents still enjoy your sucess huh?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #443 on: April 27, 2010, 03:14:47 PM »

I guess you mean on a cover in the U.S. I just found Irvin Gelb website: he has a Hungary and a France (primarily Mike Francois) cover there.

http://www.irvingelb.com/

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #444 on: April 27, 2010, 06:29:02 PM »
I guess you mean on a cover in the U.S. I just found Irvin Gelb website: he has a Hungary and a France (primarily Mike Francois) cover there.

[/quote
really dosen't get any better than that build for bbing or gym,beach.cool shot.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #445 on: April 29, 2010, 05:02:51 AM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #446 on: April 29, 2010, 07:14:27 PM »
thats why he has a thread here he deserves it,,,great example of what bbing is,,,,

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: May 04, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
hey vin,

who in your opinion, was the best bodybuilder to never turn pro?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #448 on: May 04, 2010, 06:18:36 PM »
hey vin,

who in your opinion, was the best bodybuilder to never turn pro?
lol,,,,if vin didn't i'd say vin,,,,,just kidding,,

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #449 on: May 09, 2010, 04:45:27 AM »

i had no idea was on that cover. i remember that shoot, it was right after i took 4th in the 97 nationals as a light heavyweight.  i wish these photographers would let us know.

am i on any more....lol
ANIMAL