Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti  (Read 113673 times)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2008, 08:03:27 AM »
that article was good ,looked sharp in pics,ny pro would be good ,expense for travel is nothing and just have to expense prep.what were u carbed up you think at master nationals 202/205 that would be good weight for u

the photo shoot for muscle and fitness was 3 weeks after the masters win, and i believe i'm in the feb 09 issue of FLEX -

i was 196 at weigh-in and the same after 2 days of eating....lol

right now i'm 229lbs and very full, hard, and cut....i have never been more that 220ish.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2008, 03:58:21 PM »
you have no pics from usa win ,i saw thread in failido thread,trophy broke too,that sux,those were decent looking trophies no?i always repeat myself but that night you were in sick form and that was epitome of what a bber is,to this day one of the best middleweight builds to compete and there have been some real good middles over the last 2 decades.props.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2008, 05:53:22 PM »
Why dont u do one of the easier shows vinny like the houston show this summer or the tampa bay show??? I think it would be easier just to step into one of those shows and get ur feet wet, then do a larger show like the new york pro or atlantic city and get blown away. Also enter the 202 and the open classes, that way u can see what u think u fare better in.

Just my 2 cents bro.

Glen

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2008, 07:13:07 PM »
Why dont u do one of the easier shows vinny like the houston show this summer or the tampa bay show??? I think it would be easier just to step into one of those shows and get ur feet wet, then do a larger show like the new york pro or atlantic city and get blown away. Also enter the 202 and the open classes, that way u can see what u think u fare better in.

Just my 2 cents bro.

Glen

wow that was honest...lol

i will do the pittsburgh pro may 2nd, and new york pro may 16th, both 202, or the masters a.c september 11th, i'm not sure yet....or all 3

ANIMAL

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2008, 07:24:06 PM »
wow that was honest...lol

i will do the pittsburgh pro may 2nd, and new york pro may 16th, both 202, or the masters a.c september 11th, i'm not sure yet....or all 3

All three are good choices bro, both of those shows are close to home ( low travel cost ) and the 40 and over is a good idea as well.

Good luck to u bro, u have an amazing physique, and I cant wait to see it on a pro stage in the near future.

Well and about the honesty, I think thats a mistake that alot of guys make is they go into a tough show like the ironman or new york pro for their first show they place 16th, there confidence is shot and we never hear from them again.

Atleast if someone did an easier show, they can get a good placing, get some confidence and a sponsorship ;D, then use that next year to get better and hopefully have a better career.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2008, 03:02:18 AM »
All three are good choices bro, both of those shows are close to home ( low travel cost ) and the 40 and over is a good idea as well.

Good luck to u bro, u have an amazing physique, and I cant wait to see it on a pro stage in the near future.

Well and about the honesty, I think thats a mistake that alot of guys make is they go into a tough show like the ironman or new york pro for their first show they place 16th, there confidence is shot and we never hear from them again.

Atleast if someone did an easier show, they can get a good placing, get some confidence and a sponsorship ;D, then use that next year to get better and hopefully have a better career.

i am on the same page with you...however if i got invited to the ARNOLD, i'd compete, as it would give great exposure.
but for me....the 202 class and masters shows are where i belong.
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2008, 03:53:43 AM »
you have no pics from usa win ,i saw thread in failido thread,trophy broke too,that sux,those were decent looking trophies no?i always repeat myself but that night you were in sick form and that was epitome of what a bber is,to this day one of the best middleweight builds to compete and there have been some real good middles over the last 2 decades.props.

i used aldactone and dyaide for that show, i timed everything perfect and i was dry and peeled.

i tried again in 94 and 95,and 97 but was never able to time it again like that, and today i never use it....as long as my diet is on point, i'm very dry...not like the USA in 93 but close.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2008, 05:58:08 AM »
i used aldactone and dyaide for that show, i timed everything perfect and i was dry and peeled.

i tried again in 94 and 95,and 97 but was never able to time it again like that, and today i never use it....as long as my diet is on point, i'm very dry...not like the USA in 93 but close.
i agree,i saw this yrs pics dude you were sliced,esp side hamstrings were popped,u had good balance and considering your not 25 lol ..no more your skin still looked wrapped without that old sag some bbers get from going up and down so high in weight or abuse there skin with overtanning all yr.your back esp has improved in hardness and seperation over the yrs.cool.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2008, 12:41:24 PM »
i agree,i saw this yrs pics dude you were sliced,esp side hamstrings were popped,u had good balance and considering your not 25 lol ..no more your skin still looked wrapped without that old sag some bbers get from going up and down so high in weight or abuse there skin with overtanning all yr.your back esp has improved in hardness and seperation over the yrs.cool.

i dug deep this year, i pulled out energy that i thought i lost, i found my heart again.

i trained hard, but dieted and did cardio even harder.

ANIMAL

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2008, 01:11:20 PM »
Well since the topic is on your conditioning at this years masters nats, i also remember that you posted some videos of  you either 3 or 6 weeks out on youtube, and ur conditioning was phenomenol, do u think that this had something to do with getting that 93' level of conditioning that you had???

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2008, 01:33:51 PM »
i dug deep this year, i pulled out energy that i thought i lost, i found my heart again.

i trained hard, but dieted and did cardio even harder.

I think in the past u claimed no cardio offseason ,did u follow same route or just hit cardio harder during prep,do u do any cardio now?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »
Well since the topic is on your conditioning at this years masters nats, i also remember that you posted some videos of  you either 3 or 6 weeks out on youtube, and ur conditioning was phenomenol, do u think that this had something to do with getting that 93' level of conditioning that you had???

my goal was to be as close to the 93 usa condition as posible.
and i thought, if i keep doing what i been doing...i'll have the same results.

so i dug deep, dieted longer with almost an hour and a half cardio daily.

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2008, 01:42:53 PM »
I think in the past u claimed no cardio offseason ,did u follow same route or just hit cardio harder during prep,do u do any cardio now?

the best conditioned bodybuilders were from the 90's hands down.

remember porter cottrell and lee labrada, and shawn ray....those guys were peeled.

i went back to that bust your ass attitude, no games.

ANIMAL

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2008, 01:57:36 PM »
the best conditioned bodybuilders were from the 90's hands down.

remember porter cottrell and lee labrada, and shawn ray....those guys were peeled.

i went back to that bust your ass attitude, no games.

how much do u think drug use has to do with the lack of conditioning that competitors nowadays have?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2008, 02:31:28 PM »
how much do u think drug use has to do with the lack of conditioning that competitors nowadays have?
I think vinny with out being too candid can shed light and would suprise you on how little he did to get where he did in early ninties shows that he was winning too boot.am i right vin?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2008, 04:35:56 PM »
I think vinny with out being too candid can shed light and would suprise you on how little he did to get where he did in early ninties shows that he was winning too boot.am i right vin?

i know, thats the answer i wanted him to give.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2008, 07:15:39 PM »

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2008, 03:09:46 AM »

i have never pushed the envelope.

i think the more is better at any cost is over.
i really dont know what to say here, other than...shit got out of control for a while, and guys ruined their physiques. but i think things are calming down, and guys are being more smart about contest prep.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2008, 07:58:51 AM »

i really dont know what to say here, other than...shit got out of control for a while, and guys ruined their physiques. but i think things are calming down, and guys are being more smart about contest prep.

vinny dead on,just reading articles about u in past u can tell u were raised by 2 good parents ,seems old school ways .italians have a good way to rear kids traditional sense,that i'm sure u kept a little common sense in not wanting to dissapoint them and do what u said not to push the envelope ,listen my dad knew i used a bit but it was a bit in the sense and he was like alright but don't fall into that trap forever .i respected him and learned to be wise and his word was the right word.i still made him shake his head tho lol,,,,,,,

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2008, 08:09:32 AM »
Enough talk lol let's see it!
Vinny @ 1993 USA   

texasmusclegeek

• Getbig I
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2008, 08:15:28 AM »

good thing it took you so long to get into the IFBB, now the sport is changing....perfect timing for you.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2008, 08:28:25 AM »
Enough talk lol let's see it!
Vinny @ 1993 USA   

WE TORTURE HIM WITH THIS BUT HE BROUGHT HIS STANDARD HERE AND MOST JUDGE HIM BY THIS LOOK.HE IS A GREAT LIGHTHEAVY TOO,HE WAS UNKNOWN IN 93 AND ROCKED THAT YR ,I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHEN I PRODDED HIS TRAINER ON WHY HE WOULDN'T DO NATIONALS THAT YR,I THINK HE WOULD HAVE WON.WHO WON THE MIDDLES THAT YR?NEVERMIND FOUND IT REMEMBER ROBERT MELLO,OK NEVER,MELLO WAS DESERVING HE WAS SHORTER MORE COMPACT THAN VIN,BUT NO WHERE SAME FLOW,LOOK,WHATEVER,SHOMBERGER TOOK 3RD VINNY BEAT HIM,ROGER STEWART WAS 4TH HE WAS EVERYWHERE THEN,VINNY HAD A SHOT I BELIEVE.RANT OVER.......

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2008, 10:22:10 AM »
WE TORTURE HIM WITH THIS BUT HE BROUGHT HIS STANDARD HERE AND MOST JUDGE HIM BY THIS LOOK.HE IS A GREAT LIGHTHEAVY TOO,HE WAS UNKNOWN IN 93 AND ROCKED THAT YR ,I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHEN I PRODDED HIS TRAINER ON WHY HE WOULDN'T DO NATIONALS THAT YR,I THINK HE WOULD HAVE WON.WHO WON THE MIDDLES THAT YR?NEVERMIND FOUND IT REMEMBER ROBERT MELLO,OK NEVER,MELLO WAS DESERVING HE WAS SHORTER MORE COMPACT THAN VIN,BUT NO WHERE SAME FLOW,LOOK,WHATEVER,SHOMBERGER TOOK 3RD VINNY BEAT HIM,ROGER STEWART WAS 4TH HE WAS EVERYWHERE THEN,VINNY HAD A SHOT I BELIEVE.RANT OVER.......

lets be real here.

if i won my pro card back in 93, i would never had the run i have had as a top npc national competitor.

i would of been a pro when dorian was changing the sport, and i would of lasted maybe 3 years tops trying to crack the top 10....then done.

my road has been a long one, and a very enjoyable one:

i been under contract with EAS, and now UNIVERSAL NUTRITION going on my 13th year this january.
i been to mexico, germany, italy, poland, and PR all from bodybuilding, and had a ton of fun.

i enjoy what i do...

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2008, 10:22:56 AM »
good thing it took you so long to get into the IFBB, now the sport is changing....perfect timing for you.

i dont know if this is a compliment or an insult...lol
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2008, 12:04:54 PM »
lets be real here.

if i won my pro card back in 93, i would never had the run i have had as a top npc national competitor.

i would of been a pro when dorian was changing the sport, and i would of lasted maybe 3 years tops trying to crack the top 10....then done.

my road has been a long one, and a very enjoyable one:

i been under contract with EAS, and now UNIVERSAL NUTRITION going on my 13th year this january.
i been to mexico, germany, italy, poland, and PR all from bodybuilding, and had a ton of fun.

i enjoy what i do...

SEE YOUR POINT.BUT LABRADA HUNG THERE FOR A WHILE.