Author Topic: De la Hoya vs Pacquiao  (Read 17935 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: De la Hoya vs Pacquiao
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 09:22:55 PM »
I don't have to worry either, it's called benefits. ;)

Haha, yes!  That's the way to do it.   ;D

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 05:44:18 AM »
De la Hoya will win.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 05:50:33 AM »
Pacquiao will win and he'll win huge. Pacquiao by decision.

"Huge" is KO, no?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 06:09:30 AM »
If Oscar wins then whoop dee do ...he is a bigger fighter with a longer reach and a better boxer. But Pacquiao (who comes from the same part of the Philippines I come from ) will bring it to him. Not that its a special strategy but that's just how he fights. With that said I think that there will be a knock out.  Looking back at Oscars last fights he has done nothing special, other than knock out Myorga (some guy who smokes ciggrettes b/t rounds) he has been acting his age. Manny has only gotten better with each match and is in his prime. I dont think Oscar has found the fountain of youth and might see the canvas, manny is in top form and will make it a brawl, oscar is an old man looking froward to the paycheck and not the fight. Manny P KO Rd. 5
L

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 07:14:23 AM »
Oscar is gonna be the winner making 40 million. Also if he wins he's gonna say he's the P4P champion and call out Mayweather for 09. He'll make well over 40 million for that re-match. I just cannot see it happening though. He's lost his fighters spirit some years ago. He cannot handle Manny's work rate and no doubt will fade after round six like he always does! De La Hoya is a genious at marketing no doubt. But Manny Pacquioa is coming to fight! Manny by decision. Pacquio/Mayweather for the P4P summer of 09.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 08:07:35 AM »
He makes more as a promoter then a fighter.
A

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 09:06:12 AM »
What time do you reckon these guys will get to the ring?  It says 6pm PST, but I'm thinking that's the start time for the whole card, not this fight.

They're showing Kahn and Macarinelli on the same night here in the UK, but our fight coverage starts at 10pm.  I don't know if I wanna sit up til 5am waiting for Hoya/Pacquiao.

Maccarinelli's fight with Alvarez is off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7761231.stm

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 09:27:58 AM »
He makes more as a promoter then a fighter.
He makes all the money because he promotes his own fights. Thats why Mayweather refused to fight him because Oscar wants control of everything or he won't do it. Smart guy. Really has done well for himself.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 01:24:56 PM »
Oscar is gonna be the winner making 40 million. Also if he wins he's gonna say he's the P4P champion and call out Mayweather for 09. He'll make well over 40 million for that re-match. I just cannot see it happening though. He's lost his fighters spirit some years ago. He cannot handle Manny's work rate and no doubt will fade after round six like he always does! De La Hoya is a genious at marketing no doubt. But Manny Pacquioa is coming to fight! Manny by decision. Pacquio/Mayweather for the P4P summer of 09.

There's been a lot of talk about the winner of this fight taking on Ricky Hatton next year.  Apparently De la Hoya has been interested in the idea of selling out Wembley.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 02:37:38 PM »
If Oscar wins then whoop dee do ...he is a bigger fighter with a longer reach and a better boxer. But Pacquiao (who comes from the same part of the Philippines I come from ) will bring it to him. Not that its a special strategy but that's just how he fights. With that said I think that there will be a knock out.  Looking back at Oscars last fights he has done nothing special, other than knock out Myorga (some guy who smokes ciggrettes b/t rounds) he has been acting his age. Manny has only gotten better with each match and is in his prime. I dont think Oscar has found the fountain of youth and might see the canvas, manny is in top form and will make it a brawl, oscar is an old man looking froward to the paycheck and not the fight. Manny P KO Rd. 5

u shud bet on the rounds Pacman would KO oscar.

Pacquioa knocking out Oscar 9th round, 89-1

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 03:59:34 PM »
I'm shocked this fucking fruity disgrace to boxing is still allowed to fighter after this bullshit came out last year..

dustin

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 04:03:25 PM »
Pacman all the way.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 04:09:14 PM »
I'm shocked this fucking fruity disgrace to boxing is still allowed to fighter after this bullshit came out last year..

he played dress up with some hooker.  who really cares but entertainment tonight and star magazine along with jerry springer?

just hope pac  knocks him the f##kout.  sooooooooooo tired of the golden boy BS.  he has lost to the best guys he has ever fought and some how keeps getting good paydays.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AsKn.2vP_CBKwGdpM9_PYo.UxLYF?slug=ap-delahoya-pacquiao&prov=ap&type=lgns
Oh...Monica!

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 05:42:07 PM »
There's been a lot of talk about the winner of this fight taking on Ricky Hatton next year.  Apparently De la Hoya has been interested in the idea of selling out Wembley.
Mayweather is the man everyone wants. Mayweather made more then 50 million in 07. With the economy and all his spending. How much do you think he actually has left? Mayweather is the biggest money fight no matter who his opponent is. If Oscar wins he's gonna claim P4P champion and call out Mayweather. He's the #1 target. No doubt Mayweather is coming back in 09. The money is way more important then retiring undefeated.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 10:16:32 PM »

pussy is a hell of a drug....
A

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2008, 11:06:56 AM »
I want Pacquiao to win, but my money is on De La Hoya by TKO .

WOOOSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  !!!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2008, 11:09:28 AM »
i'm going to a fight party at the Philippine ambassadors residence tonight in McLean VA.  should be lots of drinking and money changing hands.   ha ha

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »
whos that fruitloop?

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2008, 04:01:22 PM »
i'm going to a fight party at the Philippine ambassadors residence tonight in McLean VA.  should be lots of drinking and money changing hands.   ha ha
Man that sounds like a great way to watch it! One of the servers I'm working with is from the Philippines and is ecstatic about this fight! I truly believe that anyone that thinks Oscar will win by KO hasn't seen too many of Manny's fights. Manny is ferocious and still a very hungry fighter. Oscars prime was ten years ago. Pacman by decision.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2008, 04:05:35 PM »
I just watched some of Audley Harrison's fight.  It's becoming rediculous how delusional he is about himself.  He really thinks he's gonna win something, but the bottom line is he's too lazy.  He just stands there, waiting for people to hit him.  I think the stats showed he landed 60 punches in 10 rounds.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2008, 10:05:16 PM »
gayest fight ever. De la Hoya made serious $$$ because it is the promoter tho.
A

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2008, 10:13:40 PM »
Oscar only has two, possible three fights left. Trinidad, Roy Jones, and a rubber match against Mosley. I bet tonight and won. Congradulations on Oscars success. !00 million on his last three fights. Manny handed it to him though. All the very best to the Filopino Getbiggers! Manny/Mayweather 09. Did anyone catch the calves on Pacman? Manny was seriously put together for this fight! Chest was ripped up!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2008, 10:20:35 PM »
President of the Hispano chamber of commerce
Didn't you hear? They traded him to the whites for Rose McGowan after this last fight ;D
A

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2008, 02:37:41 AM »
Pacquiao makes me pretty damn happy to be Filipino right now.  He chumped Oscar bad, and Manny was humble as hell in the post fight interview too.  His personality outside of the ring is so different from his in-ring personality its crazy.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2008, 04:35:19 AM »
hatton v pacman would be a great fight,,, very evenly suited, mayweather would kill him tho.......

best fight of the night wouldnt have been shown in the US.... carl froch v pasqual for the super middleweight belts... toe to toe for 12 rounds, thats why boxing will always be the sport of kings