Author Topic: Why do christian believe in no sex before marriage?  (Read 2462 times)

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
Why do christian believe in no sex before marriage?
« on: November 27, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »
I bet this has been asked before but i realy want to know.
I asked my christian friend why he believes its wrong to have sex when you're not married and he said " Because the bible says I shouldnt" and then continued "Do you realy think that I actualy want to believe this?"

So, does this go for the rest of christians? Do they only follow this rule because the bible says so? When he said " Do you realy think that I actualy want to believe this?" that was a clear indication to me that he's been brainwashed.

I can understand if they made this rule back in the day to prevent diseases and unplanned pregnancies, but thats very easy to avoid nower days and therefore doesnt apply to todays christians.

So please, enlighten me to why you christians believe its bad to have sex before marriage, and dont say "Because the bible says so"!

Thanks =)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why do christian believe in no sex before marriage?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 08:27:32 PM »
I asked my christian friend why he believes its wrong to have sex when you're not married and he said " Because the bible says I shouldnt" and then continued "Do you realy think that I actualy want to believe this?"

So, does this go for the rest of christians? Do they only follow this rule because the bible says so? When he said " Do you realy think that I actualy want to believe this?" that was a clear indication to me that he's been brainwashed.

I can understand if they made this rule back in the day to prevent diseases and unplanned pregnancies, but thats very easy to avoid nower days and therefore doesnt apply to todays christians.

So please, enlighten me to why you christians believe its bad to have sex before marriage, and dont say "Because the bible says so"!

Thanks =)

If STDs and unplanned pregnancies were so easy to avoid, AIDS wouldn't be running wild, the way it is now, not to mention the whole controversy about abortion.

Plus, there's the issue of emotional trauma. How many times have young women/teen girls have had their hearts broken, giving up the booty in an attempt to find love or bond with some guy, only to have the dude leave, once the deed is done.

Plenty of young females have gone through this heartache, something that no condom or pill can prevent. And, that's not taking into consideration the STDs that condoms can't stop (i.e. HPV, which can lead to cervical cancer and sterility).

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 02:56:30 AM »

Thanks =)

What a question...dit is een slechte vraag...
I hate the State.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 05:11:28 AM »
If STDs and unplanned pregnancies were so easy to avoid, AIDS wouldn't be running wild, the way it is now, not to mention the whole controversy about abortion.

Plus, there's the issue of emotional trauma. How many times have young women/teen girls have had their hearts broken, giving up the booty in an attempt to find love or bond with some guy, only to have the dude leave, once the deed is done.

Plenty of young females have gone through this heartache, something that no condom or pill can prevent. And, that's not taking into consideration the STDs that condoms can't stop (i.e. HPV, which can lead to cervical cancer and sterility).

You make a decent case.

But not one that has anything remotedly close to do with Christianity.

Why doesn't God want us to have sex before marriage?

Look at the history of marriage.

Then explain to me why pre-marital sex would be a problem for God.

Have you ever thought about the possibility that it may be that it is just the leaders of your church that has a problem with pre-marital sex, and that they use your God and religion to tell you what to do?

Instead of really having a sound base in the Bible and the actual actions of Jesus.
As empty as paradise

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 08:46:51 AM »
You make a decent case.

But not one that has anything remotedly close to do with Christianity.

Why doesn't God want us to have sex before marriage?

Look at the history of marriage.

Then explain to me why pre-marital sex would be a problem for God.

I've looked at the history of marriage. That and your statement seem to emphasize an obsession with no-strings-attached sex, in which man can gratify his own lust, with no responsibility or accountability to woman, should she end up pregnant or with a disease.

Women, who have kids outside of wedlock, are far more likely to live in poverty. Kids are more likely to be dysfunctional, without a father in the home. Some of these kids end up being your friendly-neighborhood thieves and gangbangers.

Fatherless children, poverty for those children (and their mothers), STDs, the generating of social misfits, and emotional distress......all caused by sex outside of marriage. It's safe to say that the Lord has a problem with that.

Have you ever thought about the possibility that it may be that it is just the leaders of your church that has a problem with pre-marital sex, and that they use your God and religion to tell you what to do?

Instead of really having a sound base in the Bible and the actual actions of Jesus.

Jesus reiterated that "For this reason shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife. And the two shall become one flesh" Nothing in His action has him condoning pre-marital/extra-marital sex in the least. Why else would he tell the woman caught in adultery, "Go and sin no more.? Jesus made it clear that her behavior was wrong, a point not lost on her, since it nearly got her killed.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 09:58:37 AM »
just another oppressive tactic

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 10:33:36 AM »

Thanks =)

the Bible doesnt say so..

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 02:30:04 PM »

Fatherless children, poverty for those children (and their mothers), STDs, the generating of social misfits, and emotional distress......all caused by sex outside of marriage. It's safe to say that the Lord has a problem with that.

So with your logic, bad things that happens in the world would be happening because man is breaking with God's intentions.

Ie, Obama winning the election must be because God wants a Democrat ruling USA.

Jews getting gassed in concentration camps must be because God thought Jews somehow "had it coming".

The attacks on World Trade Center were because USA lived in sin, "USA had it coming" too.

The family who were locked in a basement in Austria for 25 years deserved it because - they failed God.

Ie, everything is happening for a reason.

God has a plan for everyone.
As empty as paradise

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 02:51:25 PM »
So with your logic, bad things that happens in the world would be happening because man is breaking with God's intentions.

Jews getting gassed in concentration camps must be because God thought Jews somehow "had it coming".

The attacks on World Trade Center were because USA lived in sin, "USA had it coming" too.

The family who were locked in a basement in Austria for 25 years deserved it because - they failed God.

Yes, everything happens for a reason. That does NOT necessarily mean that the events you mentioned occured for the reasons you listed.

The question was why Christians believe that sex should not occur before marriage. Of course, it appears that this was asked, with the erroenous assumption that few (if any) would be able to provide any practical answers as to why pre-martial sex was a bad idea, thus deducing that Christians believe such, simply because their church leaders tell them to do so.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 02:58:21 PM »

God loves you man! ;D
I hate the State.

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »
Yes, everything happens for a reason. That does NOT necessarily mean that the events you mentioned occured for the reasons you listed.

The question was why Christians believe that sex should not occur before marriage. Of course, it appears that this was asked, with the erroenous assumption that few (if any) would be able to provide any practical answers as to why pre-martial sex was a bad idea, thus deducing that Christians believe such, simply because their church leaders tell them to do so.

I see thanks. Just confirming, you wouldnt have sex with a girlfriend even with contraception/protection because she might get pregnant and you might leave her or one of you might get a disease.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 07:18:43 PM »
I see thanks. Just confirming, you wouldnt have sex with a girlfriend even with contraception/protection because she might get pregnant and you might leave her or one of you might get a disease.

This isn't an issue for me, anyway, as I've been married for over six years. So, the wife and I can "be fruitful and multiply" to our hearts' content.

What's the purpose of contraception? To keep what normally happen when people have sex from happening.......PREGNANC Y!!

Plus, pregnancy and disease aren't the only reasons I listed, as an answer to your question.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 07:43:29 PM »

Thanks =)

Christians don't believe in no sex before marriage!

Trust me, I've fucked A LOT of Christians, and MOST of them were not married.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 11:15:08 AM »

BTW, what does your buddy's reaction to your question have to do with brainwashing? He's a man....OF COURSE, he doesn't want to believe that you shouldn't have sex outside of marriage!!! That's what flesh wants to do. What separates man from animals is that we have a conscience. We don't just act (or at least, we shouldn't just act) impulsively on our lust.

I'm a happily married to a beautiful woman. But, there are plenty of young ladies, whom I'd love to strip naked and get buck wild. But, I don't, because I made a vow of fidelity to my wife and to the Lord. That has nothing to do with brainwashing. I'm sure you'd feel the same way about your wife (if you are/when you get married). And, I'm supremely confident you would not cite brainwashing as the reason your wife should (and does) resist any urges to fulfill her lust with a man other than YOU.

When someone angers me or offends me, I don't want to believe that I'm not supposed to waffle him upside the head with a baseball bat. I don't think anyone would refer to Scripture's admonishing against such practice as "brainwashing".