Author Topic: Yates consuming 2,000 grams of carbs in the offseason?  (Read 7871 times)

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Yates consuming 2,000 grams of carbs in the offseason?
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 10:28:37 PM »
offseason that isn't alot for someone with yates' musculature.
   I was just trying to make sense of it, because 2000 grams of carbs = 8000 cals, just in carbs. That would make anyone fat.   Maybe there was a typo? I dunno..

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »
it would be 8000 cals a day just in carbs, factor in fat and protein which im sure he ate a lot of, that would make his rough intake at 10000-12000 which is ridiculous.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 06:14:44 AM »
it would be 8000 cals a day just in carbs, factor in fat and protein which im sure he ate a lot of, that would make his rough intake at 10000-12000 which is ridiculous.

Thats a light snack for Greg Kovacs or Vic Richards  ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 06:17:28 AM »
Thats a light snack for Greg Kovacs or Vic Richards  ::)

You mean Greg Kovacs, the strongest man in the world?  Or Vic "uncrowned Mr. O?" hahaha, what a couple of turds.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 06:21:57 AM »
I can only imagine what a guy the size of yates ate to maintain his weight.

he doesn't look like he really gets fat very easily. I bet a lot of people would be shocked at the amount of food he ate.

some people have to eat ridicules amounts of food to put mass on their frame.

Not sure about you, but I'm half the size Dorian was at his peak.
I'm on the extreme side of being active, but people are shocked at how much I eat.
And I'm positive that Dorian probably ate two to three times what I eat at each meal.
If I go to Fuddrucker's and eat 2 one pound burgers, I'm sure Dorian could rip through at least three, and probably four and still ask for desert.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 06:53:23 AM »

Agreed.
I'm not 240- then again nobody is (ain't that right Rob?!).

But like you, I can eat a full pizza alone, 2 large burritos and a Angus burger in a sitting, or have a quart of egg nog and some Pop'ems and still be hungry for more.

But unlike you, I get on the heavy side. Not necessarily fat, like obese- I'll "wear it well"- but I by no means stay lean enough for my tastes.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 07:18:34 AM »
but if I live past 50 I'd be surprised. you just cant put away the amount of fat and calories I have and live a long life...

I've been thinking about it lately, after seeing all these old codgers walking around in a daze and being assisted in and out of cars and the like. I'm not sure if I want to live past 65...certainly not if my quality of life is like that of theirs.