Author Topic: AFC NORTH SHOWDOWN RAVENS VS STEELERS!!!  (Read 4422 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: AFC NORTH SHOWDOWN RAVENS VS STEELERS!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 11:20:17 AM »

ed reed is a stud. period.

I give him a slight edge over Polomalu but not by much. 11 career touchdowns(1 punt return) and 34 interceptions at age 30 and still in his prime is amazing. If Reed scores one more defensive touchdown, he should be defensive player of the year.(his 2nd honor)

Polomalu is still getting better.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 11:39:35 AM »
If so, provide us with a lot of details about it.

If so??? Word.?So i just come up on the internet and make up a story for what. Dude I just told you the details. T.O. and Douglas got into it. T.O. mopped Douglass and then asked "who else want it" Aint too much to it chief..

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »
I give him a slight edge over Polomalu but not by much. 11 career touchdowns(1 punt return) and 34 interceptions at age 30 and still in his prime is amazing. If Reed scores one more defensive touchdown, he should be defensive player of the year.(his 2nd honor)

Polomalu is still getting better.

no matter how you look at it, both these guys will be in canton one day.

this is going to be a great defensive battle. i like how it's shaping up- great defenses on both sides of the field and the unknown variable of who shows up on the offensive side of the ball.

there are alot of keys to this game-

you've got a team in baltimore who moves the ball very well on the ground up against a pittsburgh team who leads the league in rush defense. since baltimore isn't the best team in the air, and given you have a secondary like pittsburgh's i don't think you'll see flacco going deep to often. it is imperative for baltimore to win this battle on the ground if they have any hope of beating pittsburgh.

pittburgh offensive is, well, not good. they don't move the ball well in the air. they don't move the ball well on the ground. they win on games on the back of their defense. as i said before rothleisburger is going to have to release the ball alot more quickly as i think you'll see baltimore bring alot of pain with a great blitz package, and even so, that baltimore secondary is scary enough to make big plays if he makes the wrong decisions with the ball under duress.

when you break it all down, you have to give the edge to balitmore in this one, just for the simple fact they do bring a good running game to the table and stack up well defensively against a lackluster steelers offense.

b

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 12:34:43 PM »
Reed is a stud for sure, and I believe better in pass coverage than Troy, at this points in their respective careers.  I think Troy is more disruptive in run defense, and a better blitzer. 

If James Harrison doesn't win the DPOY, it will be a travesty.  15 sacks so far, 89 tackles, 1 int, 1 safety and 7 forced fumbles.  He will prolly finish with 18 sacks, 10 FFs.  and over 100 tackles. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 02:57:09 PM »
No, sorry Earl I wasn't there to witness him saying that. The Ravens are a team. A family, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Fuck Adalius Thomas. His ass his home for the playoffs watching 50 year old Junior Seau take his place.

It's so easy to tell that you're one of those people that believe everything they read.

Probably a Perez Hilton fan, huh?

why would somebody print a quote of adalius saying that if he didn't say it?

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »
why would somebody print a quote of adalius saying that if he didn't say it?

E

Athletes get misquoted all the time. For example, when you see an athlete's quote that has a (symbol), its easy to be misinterpreted. See it in the newspaper almost every day.

body88

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2008, 01:28:20 PM »
Athletes get misquoted all the time. For example, when you see an athlete's quote that has a (symbol), its easy to be misinterpreted. See it in the newspaper almost every day.

True, people can make you say whatever they want in print.  A young guy joking with a reporter can be quoted by a different reporter (with a different context) and made to look like an asshole. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 08:21:03 AM »
True, people can make you say whatever they want in print.  A young guy joking with a reporter can be quoted by a different reporter (with a different context) and made to look like an asshole. 

Not only that, it was never taken serious enough because the quote wasnt backed up by television coverage. No one had him camera saying that which further supports the notion that it was taken out of context to begin with. But good 'ol Earl is a little gossip queen and has no sense of plausibility.

BTW, the Ravens are going to put a serious beat down on the Steelers on Sunday.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2008, 01:47:13 PM »
Not only that, it was never taken serious enough because the quote wasnt backed up by television coverage. No one had him camera saying that which further supports the notion that it was taken out of context to begin with. But good 'ol Earl is a little gossip queen and has no sense of plausibility.

BTW, the Ravens are going to put a serious beat down on the Steelers on Sunday.

actually i got the quote from TV

but as always you only believe whatever you want to believe, like the steelers getting a beatdown on sunday hahaha

E

E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 07:47:42 AM »
actually i got the quote from TV

but as always you only believe whatever you want to believe, like the steelers getting a beatdown on sunday hahaha

E

We will see. It is sure to be a slobberknocker!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 09:49:21 AM »
We will see. It is sure to be a slobberknocker!

definitely and i expect to meet again in the playoffs

E
E

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »
First to 10 wins, methinks. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »
definitely and i expect to meet again in the playoffs

E

I'll take that as a compliment, Earl. Thanks. Personally, I think the Ravens should be able to win 11 games. I really like their chances against the Cowboys on the road and finishing up with the Jags at home.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 04:27:16 PM »
 ;)

E
E

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 08:04:24 AM »
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRR

Steelers BABY GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11