Author Topic: original pic of yates  (Read 17287 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: original pic of yates
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2008, 01:18:07 PM »
THIS TOOL HAS A LENGTHY THREAD ON IRON AGE, TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW COLUMBU COULD'VE BEATEN PADILLA IN A "FAIR" SHOW USING HIS GREAT JUDGING CRITERIA HAHAHAAHAHA

I've always told you I wasn't there and neither were you. I've said it's to hard to base an entire opinion on a couple of old pictures and it's not accurate in some pictures Danny looks so much better but again this is a momentary glimpse into a whole contest and again you have this default position it's politics ONLY when Dorian wins but not Ronnie , how you can claim Dorian won to politics and yet claim in the same sentence Ronnie was not is purely hypocritical you can't have it both ways

either all contests are fixed or none are

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2008, 02:04:41 PM »
does not look shopped. talk your shit now.

Ronnie was bigger, more muscular, more vascular, had fuller muscle bellies, had better muscle detail,  had way better separation in the muscles ie split in the biceps, glutes, hams etc, and he had harder and dryer looking muscles then Yates.  Yates was great one of the best, but come 1998 Ronnie took it to another level which has yet to be matched, then Ronnie took it to even another level in 2003.  Heath is starting to get there, but has a good 3-4 years before hes in Ronnie's league

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2008, 02:17:02 PM »
Bottom line the existing evidence has the keg getting squarely pounded despite suspect contest "decisions" that some naifs actually believe in.

Serge Nubret, who would know better than anyone else about politics, says same here on getbig-Weider's always had his favored and protected guys. Yates was one of em, both against these guys and later in the Olympia.

Momo defeated Dorian in this contest. I don't agree with that though - he is clearly smoking Momo here. Dorian is far more massive with better condition. If anything, Yates was discriminated against in this contest!

Regarding Nubret, he is not a reliable source. Arnold would say quite to the contrary that politics were involved  ;) Nubret is desperate for attention and needs to make things up to justify his placings.

BTW, here's another shot of Yates' back (best ever) destroying Coleman's baked potato back

Team Yates

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2008, 02:24:23 PM »
You're insinuating I'm only in favor of the criteria when it suits me and when do I not favor the criteria? and Ronnie isn't ' the bane of my existence ' that's your interpretation you want him to be the bane of my existence

and does Padilla look better to me? in what context? how contests or judged or from a personal perspective? I would rather look like Danny than Dorian but according to how contests are judged Dorian beats Danny with ease

As usual avoiding the question.

Who looks better to YOU?

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2008, 02:25:21 PM »
THIS TOOL HAS A LENGTHY THREAD ON IRON AGE, TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW COLUMBU COULD'VE BEATEN PADILLA IN A "FAIR" SHOW USING HIS GREAT JUDGING CRITERIA HAHAHAAHAHA

Please tell me this isn't true.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »
As usual avoiding the question.

Who looks better to YOU?

I didn't avoid the question , in fact I asked you under what context

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2008, 02:35:41 PM »
Momo defeated Dorian in this contest. I don't agree with that though - he is clearly smoking Momo here. Dorian is far more massive with better condition. If anything, Yates was discriminated against in this contest!

Regarding Nubret, he is not a reliable source. Arnold would say quite to the contrary that politics were involved  ;) Nubret is desperate for attention and needs to make things up to justify his placings.

BTW, here's another shot of Yates' back (best ever) destroying Coleman's baked potato back

this pic of yates and momo is from the olympia, yates won. it is not the night of champs show. remember anyone that beat yates either died or retired.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2008, 02:49:58 PM »
Ronnie was bigger, more muscular, more vascular, had fuller muscle bellies, had better muscle detail,  had way better separation in the muscles ie split in the biceps, glutes, hams etc, and he had harder and dryer looking muscles then Yates.  Yates was great one of the best, but come 1998 Ronnie took it to another level which has yet to be matched, then Ronnie took it to even another level in 2003.  Heath is starting to get there, but has a good 3-4 years before hes in Ronnie's league

If the 1998 version of Ronnie Coleman took things to another level, then why did he narrowly defeat a less than best Flex Wheeler? 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2008, 02:52:31 PM »
If the 1998 version of Ronnie Coleman took things to another level, then why did he narrowly defeat a less than best Flex Wheeler? 

Right a guy who Dorian dominated in 1993 his best year on record

suckmymuscle

« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »
  It never ceases to amaze me how stupid, generic and biased Coleman fans are when trying to explain why Coleman is better than Yates. Here are a few examples:

"Ronnie has better shape and detail from the front and he his lats are more cobra shaped from the back as well as he has more detailed calves."(Hulkster)

"Ronnie has a better X-frame, his back is more 3-D and he has greater muscle maturity."(PraetorFenix)

"Coleman had more mass at the 2001 ASC than he did at the 99' Olympia and Dorian 95'. Dorian's weight advantage over Ronnie was all due to his gut and bigger bones."(NeoSeminole)

"Ronnie has superior lines, muscle bellies, shape, muscle tie-ins and size."(Iceman)

"Ronnie has better arms, arms, arms and arms than Dorian, who had shitty 17" arms and a belly like a cow according to Sergio Oliva."(Pumpster)

The glutes are the largest muscles in the body and Ronnie 2003 had the largest ass."(Nicorulez)

"Ronnie looks better than Dorian"(Sculpture)

None of these guys seem very intelligent, to be honest. How can you just arbitrarilly decide what constitutes superiority and then proclaIm that Ronnie is better by your own biased opnion? If we are reducing our arguments to posting pics of Dorian and Ronnie and then claiming that our prefered bodybuilder is destroying the other without offering no further explanations, then we are not getting anywhere, because taste can't be argued with.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »
  It never ceases to amaze me how stupid, generic and biased Coleman fans are when trying to explain why Coleman is better than Yates. Here are a few examples:

"Coleman had more mass at the 2001 ASC than he did at the 99' Olympia and Dorian 95'. Dorian's weight advantage over Ronnie was all due to his gut and bigger bones."(NeoSeminole)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Can you believe this nonsense?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2008, 03:28:50 PM »
Can you believe this nonsense?

I actually find the other quotes I posted more incredible. It is a tough matchup between Nicorulez, PraetorFenix and Iceman as to who has provided the most hilariously biased and generic argument for why Ronnie is better. Not to say that SemenHole's quote isn't dumb; it is. It just so happens that the others I pointed out are even more incredible.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2008, 05:08:49 PM »
  I actually find the other quotes I posted more incredible. It is a tough matchup between Nicorulez, PraetorFenix and Iceman as to who has provided the most hilariously biased and generic argument for why Ronnie is better. Not to say that SemenHole's quote isn't dumb; it is. It just so happens that the others I pointed out are even more incredible.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

How about Hulkster and Ronnie has more detailed calves than Dorian? lol

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2008, 07:22:13 PM »

why are you assuming that the judging was anywhere NEAR accurate at that contest? ::)

here is a lesson for you:

it wasn't: ::)

you guys really have to stop looking to the scorecards and assuming they make sense with reality.

sometimes they do not,

see for yourself: ::)

ronnie blew flex off the stage, not barely scraping by..
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2008, 07:27:08 PM »
why are you assuming that the judging was anywhere NEAR accurate at that contest? ::)

here is a lesson for you:

it wasn't: ::)

you guys really have to stop looking to the scorecards and assuming they make sense with reality.

sometimes they do not,

see for yourself: ::)

ronnie blew flex off the stage, not barely scraping by..

ha ha ha ha the politics excuse , never saw that one coming

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2008, 07:40:33 PM »

if its not politics then show us how close ronnie and flex were at the contest...

go ahead and try.

I'll help you:

::)

then again, you have such a lack of knowledge about judging, you might actually think that there WAS hardly any difference between them..

the fact that ronnie was bigger, wider, harder more defined and vascular might not matter if you are too stupid to know otherwise... :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2008, 08:13:13 PM »

Indeed, like when Gunter beat Ronnie.  Or in all the instances as champion when Ronnie barely got away with his title.  How about when Jay took his title away!  Politics, politics, lol   ::)  Like Ronnie said himself, why complain?   ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2008, 08:14:16 PM »

LOL this moron can't even admit to rampant politics, because it's too closely allied to his hero's "wins".

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2008, 08:17:27 PM »
LOL this moron can't even admit to rampant politics, because it's too closely allied to his hero's "wins".

So let me get this straight.  According to your theory, whenever something doesn't go according to plan for Ronnie, it's politics.  Conversely, when things do go right for Dorian, it's politics.  What logic. lol

AVBG

« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2008, 08:21:07 PM »

well said Matt

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2008, 08:34:59 PM »
Ronnie, although very good in 1998 didn't take anything to another level.  Let's be real.  Did he deserve to win? Absolutely.  But at 247 pounds, he was not the biggest, driest, nor the most complete to ever grace the stage.  Hell, back in 1993 Yates was 10 pounds bigger, dryer and more complete from head to toe, front to back.  Ronnie had too many close calls as champ to be considered the most dominant ever.  To make no mention of his embarrassing loss to Gunter.  Or inevitably losing to Jay. 

With regard to 2003, heralding such a physique as the "be all" illustrates exactly how far the level of conditioning had plummeted at the pro level.  He was huge and surprisingly hard at the 2003 contest, but hardly in top notch condition.   In fact, he was quite soft and realistically in the type of condition one would expect being several weeks out.  2003 Ronnie may have pleased those with a fetish for size, but in doing so, he sacrificed conditioning and proportions. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2008, 03:45:02 AM »
Ronnie, although very good in 1998 didn't take anything to another level.  Let's be real.  Did he deserve to win? Absolutely.  But at 247 pounds, he was not the biggest, driest, nor the most complete to ever grace the stage.  Hell, back in 1993 Yates was 10 pounds bigger, dryer and more complete from head to toe, front to back.  Ronnie had too many close calls as champ to be considered the most dominant ever.  To make no mention of his embarrassing loss to Gunter.  Or inevitably losing to Jay. 

With regard to 2003, heralding such a physique as the "be all" illustrates exactly how far the level of conditioning had plummeted at the pro level.  He was huge and surprisingly hard at the 2003 contest, but hardly in top notch condition.   In fact, he was quite soft and realistically in the type of condition one would expect being several weeks out.  2003 Ronnie may have pleased those with a fetish for size, but in doing so, he sacrificed conditioning and proportions. 

sorry, but a quick glance at reality shows your written words to be total bullshit as always.,

not only did ronnie crush dorian's 93 contest shape, he crushes his all time best presentation, the 93 black and whites.

sorry.

you may continue with your bullshit words... ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2008, 06:12:00 AM »
if its not politics then show us how close ronnie and flex were at the contest...

go ahead and try.

I'll help you:

::)

then again, you have such a lack of knowledge about judging, you might actually think that there WAS hardly any difference between them..

the fact that ronnie was bigger, wider, harder more defined and vascular might not matter if you are too stupid to know otherwise... :-\

Sorry bro but I was  at the 98 O and it was close between Flex and Ronnie.  I've said this a million times so I will say it again YOU CAN'T JUDGE A SHOW BY PICS!  I actually though Flex would have won the show but Ronnie took it. Not complaining at all about Ronnie winning but it was alot closer than what those pics show.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2008, 08:39:55 AM »
Sorry bro but I was  at the 98 O and it was close between Flex and Ronnie.  I've said this a million times so I will say it again YOU CAN'T JUDGE A SHOW BY PICS!  I actually though Flex would have won the show but Ronnie took it. Not complaining at all about Ronnie winning but it was alot closer than what those pics show.

Actualy the videos back up the pics. It's not as though there are just a few pieces of evidence. When you first look at them they look close, which is probably what you thought being there. Taking some time to break it down they were close but Coleman had very clear and significant advantages in several areas. The pics and videos all confirm that.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2008, 02:21:37 PM »
sorry, but a quick glance at reality shows your written words to be total bullshit as always.,

not only did ronnie crush dorian's 93 contest shape, he crushes his all time best presentation, the 93 black and whites.

sorry.

you may continue with your bullshit words... ::)

Easy on the sharpening tool, Huckster.  You're going to give Ronnie a sunburn. lol