Author Topic: Any good/bad stories about your family at the Holidays?  (Read 1929 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Any good/bad stories about your family at the Holidays?
« on: December 12, 2008, 08:05:16 AM »
One Christmas a cousin walked up behind another cousin sitting in a chair and bonked him on the head w/a book.  The cousin in the chair got up and grabbed him and body-slammed him to the floor.  An uncle that saw only the body-slam grabbed the slammer and slammed him to the floor where the kid started crying profusely.

Good times ::)
R

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: Any good/bad stories about your family at the Holidays?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:16:58 AM »
back in the days i was at uni and dating a classmate, i was invited by her family to the beach just a day after xmas, the next day in the morning i was forced to go early in the morning in this family bicycle day @ beach. I didnt want to go, dunno why, i just wanted to sleep a bit more, we went out and after riding the bicycles for maybe 5 minutes? we had to stop at a red light, my gf's dad did a bad move i guess and fell off his bicycle, smashed his head on the pavement, and died. Life sux.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:19:27 AM »
back in the days i was at uni and dating a classmate, i was invited by her family to the beach just a day after xmas, the next day in the morning i was forced to go early in the morning in this family bicycle day @ beach. I didnt want to go, dunno why, i just wanted to sleep a bit more, we went out and after riding the bicycles for maybe 5 minutes? we had to stop at a red light, my gf's dad did a bad move i guess and fell off his bicycle, smashed his head on the pavement, and died. Life sux.
Are you serious?  That is terrible!  I'm sorry benz :(
R

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 08:21:37 AM »
Are you serious?  That is terrible!  I'm sorry benz :(

yes , dead serious. the family sold the appartment, never returned to that place again.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 11:57:54 AM »
Wow, that is a sad story benz.   :(

Mine isn't so bad.  My dad is one of thirteen children so when I was little we went to my grandparents house.every xmas, and was a nightmare.  My dad's youngest sibling was only a year older than me!  There was chaos all the time.  Bickering and fighting, constant tormenting of my uncle (the one who was a year older than me) because he was slow.  I hated going there.  Once we stayed until the New Year.  They all completely forgot my birthday (Dec 30).  I was just a kid...maybe 6.  I didn't say anything the whole day because I thought they had planned a surprise or something.  My parents sent me off to bed and I layed there waiting and waiting and then cried myself to sleep.  They (my mom, dad and grandparents) at like 2:30am saying they were so sorry that they forgot.  Hello???  It's 2:30 in the morning!!!  You already forgot!!!  Why not wait until I wake up for gawd sakes!!!  >:( 
:D Weee

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 12:17:08 PM »
Wow, that is a sad story benz.   :(

Mine isn't so bad.  My dad is one of thirteen children so when I was little we went to my grandparents house.every xmas, and was a nightmare.  My dad's youngest sibling was only a year older than me!  There was chaos all the time.  Bickering and fighting, constant tormenting of my uncle (the one who was a year older than me) because he was slow.  I hated going there.  Once we stayed until the New Year.  They all completely forgot my birthday (Dec 30).  I was just a kid...maybe 6.  I didn't say anything the whole day because I thought they had planned a surprise or something.  My parents sent me off to bed and I layed there waiting and waiting and then cried myself to sleep.  They (my mom, dad and grandparents) at like 2:30am saying they were so sorry that they forgot.  Hello???  It's 2:30 in the morning!!!  You already forgot!!!  Why not wait until I wake up for gawd sakes!!!  >:( 
The story is sad but I laughed at the end ;D
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 12:41:45 PM »

That's a thread killer.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 05:35:18 PM »
Do you know whats sad, we broke up 2 weeks later because i was blamed in some way for hating the stupid family ride that day in the morning.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 07:11:35 AM »
Do you know whats sad, we broke up 2 weeks later because i was blamed in some way for hating the stupid family ride that day in the morning.

That is so wrong of them but I'm sure it was just grief speaking.  I truly hope you never believed that for a minute. 
:D Weee

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 11:13:12 AM »
That is so wrong of them but I'm sure it was just grief speaking.  I truly hope you never believed that for a minute. 

Of course i didnt believe it was my fault, but they needed to blame someone, years later we reunited but it never was the same again.
I may forgive but never forget :)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 04:27:42 PM »
I don't even want to talk about it.  :-[ lol
S

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 05:38:15 PM »
The Adventure

Christmas 1976.  I was seven years old.  Most Christmases in Virginia, it wouldn't snow but it was too cold to play outside.  But in 1976, it was pretty nice that Christmas.

Every Christmas our family would gather at Granddaddy and Granny's house.  It would be Granddaddy, Granny, their six children and their spouses, and 11 of us grandchildren.

After we had all been there for a while, two of my older cousins, David and Ronnie, decided to go off on an "adventure."  They put on their jackets and prepared to go.

Naturally, most of the smaller kids wanted to go on an "adventure" too.  David and Ronnie told them to buzz off.  So all the smaller kids ran to the nearest adult they could find and lobbied tearfully that David and Ronnie be forced to allow them to accompany them on the "adventure."  During the discussion, Aunt Darlene (Ronnie's mother) singled ME out, pointed her fat, cream-filled finger in MY face, and screamed, "SOMETIMES BIG KIDS JUST WANT TO BE WITH KIDS THEIR OWN AGE!"  It was her other son MICHAEL (who was MY AGE) that was screaming and crying the loudest.  I wasn't even interested in going, and I hadn't said a word about it!

Anyway, the decision was made that David and Ronnie could go off on their "adventure" by themselves.  Once this was announced, most of the smaller kids threw fits and then cried themselves to sleep.  I sat on the couch between my daddy and my granddaddy and watched football.

About an hour and a half later, Granddaddy's neighbor came to the door, and was dragging David and Ronnie forcefully behind him.  It seems that their "adventure" had been to go stomp on this guy's outdoor Christmas lights. 

David's parents, to their credit, could immediately discern that David was guilty, and spanked him right there, in front of God and everybody.  Aunt Darlene stood there and actually said she needed "proof" even though a tearful confession, which implicated Ronnie, was dragged out of David as he was receiving instruction and correction from his daddy's belt.

Well, it turns out that 1976 was one of the early years that the Polaroid "Instamatic" camera was widely available and affordable.  Grandaddy's neighbor had gotten one for Christmas, and one of his first pictures was of David and Ronnie stomping on his outdoor Christmas lights.  He handed the photo to Aunt Darlene.  Grandaddy was looking over her shoulder.

Everybody looked at Aunt Darlene.  She shouted, "Well, I don't believe in physical discipline!!"  At that, Granddaddy said, "Well, I do," and he took Ronnie to the back room and administered the beating of a lifetime. 

The End
~

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 06:19:09 PM »
I remember another story, this one aint sad, but funny. I was maybe 9-10 years old and i remember my parents bought a 1:1 copy of the christmas crib, made in wodden and full of straw. It was 9 pm or so and everybody was warming up for 00:00 , i say warming up because all the adults were drinking!
So i went outside, and saw this christmas crib, next to the xmas tree, many lights, it was just perfect, and saw this lighter left by somebody else near the xmas tree. I picked it and started to burn some ants on the floor, to see them exploding (have you tried this?) but i got bored, and thought it would be cool to burn a bit of the straw.
So thats what i did, and since it was pretty dry, in 1 second the xmas crib was on fire, one uncle noticed the fire and everybody helped to set it off. After done, my dad, furious, beaten me badly while saying "you prick, you burned jesus, the son of god!" lol

And to imagine a few hours later, he was giving me my gifts.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 07:57:39 PM »
a good beat down can do wonders