Author Topic: Shot put workout for punching power  (Read 13060 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Shot put workout for punching power
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 06:03:40 PM »
WOOO:  (just a though here, not a dis)     Either your underestimating Bruce Lee or over estimatimng your self.

maybe...

we'll never know

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2012, 01:41:27 AM »

There's a lot of believable accounts of Lee's toughness, but I'm sure, too, that a lot has been embellished, as is often the case with famous people who meet an "untimely demise" and become a bit glorified.

The footage of him at Ed Parker's Long Beach Internationals in '64 is usually cited as demonstrations of legitimate feats of strength and speed. Unfortunately, the only existing clip is less than ten minutes long, and really only depicts him doing his famous two-finger push-ups and 1-inch punch.
It would be nice to see some footage of him sparring or actually fighting.

Possible exaggerations aside, I believe he was a bad-ass.
it would be cool to have a footage like this.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »
it would be cool to have a footage like this.

Yes.
Numerous A&E documentaries have featured about twenty-seconds of the film. I've come across the clips on Youtube as well. Usually, it's just brief snippets of the push-ups and 1-inch punch, respectively.

I can't remember if the biographical movie with Jason Scott Lee contained any of the clips or not. I distinctly remember them using some original footage from the Kung Fu series, and Ed Parker Jr. appeared as his dad, Ed Sr., but I haven't seen the movie in years.

If you can't find it on Youtube or daily motion, let me know. If I remember, the next time I come across it, I'll forward you a link.