Author Topic: What if God and Satan reconciled?  (Read 8437 times)

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
Re: What if God and Satan reconciled?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 06:27:50 PM »
Is that possible? What would happen if it occurred?

If not, why isn't it?

No, not according to the Bible. The reason being, is satan committed the unforgivable sin. Satan deliberately rebelled against God, he had no excuse for his action. Also among the sins that God undoubtedly did not forgive were those of Adam and Eve. As a test of their appreciation God gave them a simple command; they were not to eat of the fruit of a certain tree; and he warned them of the consequences if they did eat of it. They were created perfect in mind and in body. They willfully and deliberately disobeyed. They could neither plead ignorance, as later the apostle Paul was able to do, nor claim inherited imperfection and the tendency to sin, as King David was able to do. So what basis was there for forgiving Adam, Eve and satan's sins? Absolutely none!. Hope this helps.

GC

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009, 07:17:13 AM »
Thankfully Adam and Eve ate the apple if it weren't for that sin we wouldn't exist......

peruke

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 08:02:38 AM »
Is that possible? What would happen if it occurred?

If not, why isn't it?

The reply would be...."Thanks for stopping by"!! :-X

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 09:44:38 AM »
Thankfully Adam and Eve ate the apple if it weren't for that sin we wouldn't exist......

I hope you being sarcastic.
DAWG

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 01:12:44 PM »

Why's that?

What gets me is Adam. Why in the world did he listen to Eve?. Can anyone shed light on that?

GC/DEA_AGENT

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 05:13:38 PM »
I hope you being sarcastic.

Wellllllll had they not sinned they would have never been punished and Eve wouldn't have been given the gift of childbirth therefore she wouldn't have given birth to our race..... that is if you take the bible literally which I do not, so yes sarcasm. 

Now those who do believe in the literal translation, well they should be thankful for Adam and Eve's original sin. 
I believe the point of that story to be that man will always sin even given perfection, I also believe God being infallible knew this and gave us the ability to choose salvation or not for our sins.  If God is infallible then he had to have known what his own creation would do, right?

So given that information does there have to be an actual Adam or Eve, or might that just be an easy story to tell for those in charge of spreading the message of the one god in informing an illiterate, war-like and very poetic race of people like those of the ancient world?  I don't believe that the details of any bible verse are the points of their story, I believe the message of the story is the point.  People have always wasted way too much time arguing over details......

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 05:22:32 PM »
Wellllllll had they not sinned they would have never been punished and Eve wouldn't have been given the gift of childbirth therefore she wouldn't have given birth to our race..... that is if you take the bible literally which I do not, so yes sarcasm. 

Now those who do believe in the literal translation, well they should be thankful for Adam and Eve's original sin. 
I believe the point of that story to be that man will always sin even given perfection, I also believe God being infallible knew this and gave us the ability to choose salvation or not for our sins.  If God is infallible then he had to have known what his own creation would do, right?

So given that information does there have to be an actual Adam or Eve, or might that just be an easy story to tell for those in charge of spreading the message of the one god in informing an illiterate, war-like and very poetic race of people like those of the ancient world?  I don't believe that the details of any bible verse are the points of their story, I believe the message of the story is the point.  People have always wasted way too much time arguing over details......

OK I gotcha.just making sure you didn't really believe women was created from a mans rib.
DAWG

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 11:20:09 AM »
Now those who do believe in the literal translation, well they should be thankful for Adam and Eve's original sin. If God is infallible then he had to have known what his own creation would do, right?

We're not tho. If Adam and Eve would not have sinned, mankind would not be in the mess we're in now. God chooses not to abuse His powers. Therefore, we are allowed to exercise free will. We would be robots if God looked into the future/predestined our every move, right?. This would not be a fair, righteous, just thing to do. So, we can see, that God 'chooses' when,where,how,why, etc to exercise His powers.

OK I gotcha.just making sure you didn't really believe women was created from a mans rib.

What's your take on man having that one less rib?. Has science been able to figure it out yet?. ;)

GC/DEA_AGENT

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 11:29:08 AM »
We're not tho. If Adam and Eve would not have sinned, mankind would not be in the mess we're in now. God chooses not to abuse His powers. Therefore, we are allowed to exercise free will. We would be robots if God looked into the future/predestined our every move, right?. This would not be a fair, righteous, just thing to do. So, we can see, that God 'chooses' when,where,how,why, etc to exercise His powers.

What's your take on man having that one less rib?. Has science been able to figure it out yet?. ;)

GC/DEA_AGENT

LMAO they don't!!!!!  Men and women both have 12 sets of ribs my friend, sorry man but this is the kind of ignorance which gives us Christians a bad rap........

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 11:37:36 AM »
LMAO they don't!!!!!  Men and women both have 12 sets of ribs my friend, sorry man but this is the kind of ignorance which gives us Christians a bad rap........

Not ignorance my friend. Let me explain. The Bible says: “God had a deep sleep fall upon the man and, while he was sleeping, he took one of his ribs and then closed up the flesh over its place. And God proceeded to build the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman and to bring her to the man.” (Gen. 2:21, 22).

Some persons have wondered whether this meant that Adam was short a rib, thus being incomplete. No, it does not mean necessarily that Adam lived his life with one less rib than he had when he was created by God. The rib bones, unlike others, can replace themselves. Here's how we know. University of Berne, Professor K. Lenggenhager commented in this connection, saying: “I can inform you that a rib, that has been removed, but whose periosteum has been left, forms itself again [or grows again]. If, however, the periosteum is removed along with the rib, the bone then does not renew itself. Usually, when ribs are removed in surgery, the periosteum is preserved, except in the case of malignant rib tumor.”

I was hoping someone would point this out, without jumping to conclusions. I kindah loaded that one, you bit.  ;D

GC/DEA_AGENT

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 10:22:33 AM »

GC/DEA_AGENT

Your quote indicates that you thought man had one less rib and that science hadn't figured it out yet??? nice cover :) jk

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 02:13:22 PM »

Thank God Penn and Teller were able to debunk the Bible, I feel so much better now!!  ::)
X

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »
Your quote indicates that you thought man had one less rib and that science hadn't figured it out yet??? nice cover :) jk

I believe the first man (Adam) did have one less rib, just as the scriptures indicate. However, we really don't know if that rib grew back or not. No one can say for sure. So, science technically hasn't figured it out, eh?. But, we can draw a reasonable conclusion as to what happened when God took that rib from Adam based on the quote I posted. Most likely, after living close to a millenium, Adam would have grew it back. Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to see what peoples reaction to that would be. I didn't mean to post that in a negative way, so please forgive me if I came across as so.

I've been studying the Bible for around 17 years now, non-stop. So, I really have been thru the ringer so to speak when it comes to contradictions, critics, and just plain out haters of it. I like to try and have reasonable discussions, rather than, argumentive, destructive and debauched dialogue on it. Again, I do apologize if I came off as tricking, deceiving, etc.

GC/DEA_AGENT

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 04:00:52 PM »
Thank God Penn and Teller were able to debunk the Bible, I feel so much better now!!  ::)

yea because your opinion is so much more valid than theres.they have done years of extensive research on religion and know the bible better than most Christians.what do you do besides run your dick suckers?your avatar slogan says it all,as everyone knows Conservatives get caught fuckin boys.liberals get caught fuckin chicks.
DAWG

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 09:31:41 AM »
yea because your opinion is so much more valid than theres.they have done years of extensive research on religion and know the bible better than most Christians.what do you do besides run your dick suckers?your avatar slogan says it all,as everyone knows Conservatives get caught fuckin boys.liberals get caught fuckin chicks.

Awww man Im sorry I hurt your feelings!

BTW Penn and Teller said your a flaming homo, they have years of experience on the subject.
X

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2009, 09:36:38 AM »
Awww man Im sorry I hurt your feelings!

BTW Penn and Teller said your a flaming homo, they have years of experience on the subject.

ha ha.no feelings hurt.but instead of doing an eye roll to something.try having an intelligent response and refute the things they say in the video.oh wait this is getbig.intelligent responses are rare.just roll your eyes and call someone a homo.that seems to work best.
DAWG

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 09:45:36 AM »
ha ha.no feelings hurt.but instead of doing an eye roll to something.try having an intelligent response and refute the things they say in the video.oh wait this is getbig.intelligent responses are rare.just roll your eyes and call someone a homo.that seems to work best.

big L dawg, have you read the accounts of creation in Genesis 1 and 2?  Your boy in the video has a problem w/them saying they contradict each other.  Do you agree?  And if so, can you please explain why?  Thanks!
R

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 10:12:52 AM »
big L dawg, have you read the accounts of creation in Genesis 1 and 2?  Your boy in the video has a problem w/them saying they contradict each other.  Do you agree?  And if so, can you please explain why?  Thanks!

I haven't read Genesis since bible school...which was some years back ha ha.but if your referring to the Adam and eve story.he's saying they were made together and in another chapter Adam first eve later.It's an old story lifted from earlier religions just the same as Noah's ark.It's funny you would ask about that of all things though.what about the last 2 min of the vid.say from about 8.10 to the end.how do you feel about those things.
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 10:15:47 AM »
this is the only Genesis I believe in :)

DAWG

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 08:32:09 AM »
I haven't read Genesis since bible school...which was some years back ha ha.but if your referring to the Adam and eve story.he's saying they were made together and in another chapter Adam first eve later.It's an old story lifted from earlier religions just the same as Noah's ark.It's funny you would ask about that of all things though.what about the last 2 min of the vid.say from about 8.10 to the end.how do you feel about those things.

I didn't watch the whole video..I will go do that in a minute.

Regarding the 2 Genesis accounts, imo they do not contradict each other at all.  One just gives more detailed information regarding the creation of man and woman.

Here they are....do you think they do contradict each other?

Genesis 1
The Beginning
 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
 2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
       in the image of God he created him;
       male and female he created them.

Genesis 2
Adam and Eve
 4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created.
      When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens- 5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth [c] and there was no man to work the ground, 6 but streams [d] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground- the LORD God formed the man The Hebrew for man (adam) sounds like and may be related to the Hebrew for ground (adamah) it is also the name Adam (see Gen. 2:20). from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
 8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin [e] and onyx are also there.) 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. [f] 14 The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Asshur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.
      But for Adam [g] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs [h] and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,
       "This is now bone of my bones
       and flesh of my flesh;
       she shall be called 'woman, [j] '
       for she was taken out of man."

24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

25 The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 08:48:30 AM »
.what about the last 2 min of the vid.say from about 8.10 to the end.how do you feel about those things.

In part of that section they were referring to Mosaic Law.

Also, I find it pretty funny that they try to make a point by reading the scripture on men having long hair and then showing a picture of a painting "depicting" Jesus as if they think they proved a contradiction.   ;D

this is the only Genesis I believe in :)

Yes, a good tune there!
R

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2009, 09:06:48 AM »
It seems like they say he created man and woman in genesis 1.which seems to imply at the same time.were in Genesis 2 it seems at separate times...you must understand though I don't prefere to nit pick at little things here or there in the bible.Just for the simple fact I don't believe the story in the first place.So once the main Idea of the story is dismissed why dwell on the small details.thats why you won't see me writing small novels like ozmo and mcway.
DAWG

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2009, 09:25:33 AM »
It seems like they say he created man and woman in genesis 1.which seems to imply at the same time.were in Genesis 2 it seems at separate times...you must understand though I don't prefere to nit pick at little things here or there in the bible.Just for the simple fact I don't believe the story in the first place.So once the main Idea of the story is dismissed why dwell on the small details.thats why you won't see me writing small novels like ozmo and mcway.
I don't see it as a contradiction.

I can understand your position in not wanting to research the bible further since you seem to reject it in the first place.  But you probably can see other's points in wanting to research (and probably dispute) claims that we see as false regarding the bible.

For me, being presented w/a claimed apparent contradiction in the bible, I want to investigate it to see if I agree or disagree w/the claim since I do believe the bible holds truth and I believe in the God of the bible. 

R

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2009, 09:42:57 AM »
I can understand your position in not wanting to research the bible further since you seem to reject it in the first place.  But you probably can see other's points in wanting to research (and probably dispute) claims that we see as false regarding the bible.

For me, being presented w/a claimed apparent contradiction in the bible, I want to investigate it to see if I agree or disagree w/the claim since I do believe the bible holds truth and I believe in the God of the bible. 

I agree...but you must understand I did not always reject the bible.the research I have done has caused me to reject it.If you study religions that pre date Christianity instead of just the bible or your own personal religion It becomes easy to see threw the bullshit that is organized religion.Also If you study astrology you see were alot of these religious dates and beliefs come from.the Christian religion is just a parody of the people prior to Christianity that worshiped the sun.they just eventually switched the sun into the son.
DAWG