Author Topic: AlGore and his Global Warming Farce  (Read 12407 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: AlGore and his Global Warming Farce
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 08:47:54 AM »
  Don't know why you singled me out-that movie says exactly what I said.  Scroll up and re-read.
Oh sorry, I thought you were of the opinion that Humans were not responsible for the cause. I will change the posts.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 08:49:01 AM »
Oh sorry, I thought you were of the opinion that Humans were not delinquent in the cause. I will change the posts.

Thank you.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2008, 10:11:50 AM »
how global warming could send Europe into an ice age:

average global temperature rises just a degree or two, Greenland's ice cap completely melts in just a few years, dumping all that fresh cold water into the north Atlantic, causing the Gulf Stream Current  and North Atlantic Current to break down for a few years or decades.   These currents now keep Europe temperatures moderate.  Take them away and Europe plunges into an ice age.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2008, 10:13:01 AM »
how global warming could send Europe into an ice age:

average global temperature rises just a degree or two, Greenland's ice cap completely melts in just a few years, dumping all that fresh cold water into the north Atlantic, causing the Gulf Stream Current[url=http://and [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Atlantic_Current]North Atlantic Current] and [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Atlantic_Current]North Atlantic Current to break down for a few years or decades.   These currents now keep Europe temperatures moderate.  Take them away and Europe plunges into an ice age.

I was going to mention that.  Excellent point.  As of yet, it's still dramatically warmer here in Stockholm-haven't had snow like when I was a kid in years.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2008, 10:45:37 AM »
.......it's 40 degrees in Huntington Beach. I'll bet when this moron turns on the news and see's the blizzards going on throughout the mid-west and east and it being unusually COLD on the west coast........he just looks at his acadamy award and says to himself "yep, I suckard the libs.....again!"

Anyone who believes in global warming needs their heads checked.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 10:46:38 AM »
Anyone who believes in global warming needs their heads checked.

Why?
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 10:47:43 AM »
I'm actually surprised to see so many GBers on the global warming train. Now how many think that human beings are a big part of the cause? How many think that it's just a part of the Earth's natural temperature fluxations dependant on things bigger than us?  I'm with the former, btw.

These suckers who buy into this garbage dont realize that previous ice ages ended due to what?????  warming.

It has nothing to do with mankind, if it even exists.

Al Gore is god to these fools and they dont realize the massive taxation that is being planned to deal with the farce.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »
Why?

Well, man made warming.  We have been on the planet for a blip on the radar screen as far as the earth goes.  There have been periods of warming, cooling etc.  The climate is always changing regardless of what we do.

Why do you think previous ice agens ended????

Why did the dinos die off?

Etc Etc.

The theories that americans driving their cars is creating global warming is so beyond absurd its not even worth discussion.  Volcanic eruptions cause more pollution and emissions than mankind does.

How does Gore plan on dealing with that???

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2008, 10:52:29 AM »
These suckers who buy into this garbage dont realize that previous ice ages ended due to what?????  warming.

It has nothing to do with mankind, if it even exists.

Al Gore is god to these fools and they dont realize the massive taxation that is being planned to deal with the farce.

Al gore is no god because there is no god.and there's no point in debating anything with a bible beater on any topic.they are the people that believe a guy lived inside a fish belly,or a stick turned into a snake,or some dude built a boat so massive to hold 2 of every animal.yet oh no global warming!thats so far fetched.
DAWG

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 11:00:52 AM »
I have not been to church in 15 years.

however, i also realize that imposing taxation and regulation on the us economy for this farce while china russia and india will not is just another nail in our coffin.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 11:02:47 AM »
I have not been to church in 15 years.

however, i also realize that imposing taxation and regulation on the us economy for this farce while china russia and india will not is just another nail in our coffin.

I agree with that.
DAWG

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 11:09:49 AM »
Well, man made warming.  We have been on the planet for a blip on the radar screen as far as the earth goes.  There have been periods of warming, cooling etc.  The climate is always changing regardless of what we do.

yes, and sea levels have risen and fallen countless times.  but now we have 6.8 billion people on the planet, and almost all of them live within a hundred miles of the ocean.   whether man's activities have accelerated the current warming or not, the next 50 years will be very difficult to deal with.  if we can change a few things to lessen the blow, why not?

The theories that americans driving their cars is creating global warming is so beyond absurd its not even worth discussion.  Volcanic eruptions cause more pollution and emissions than mankind does.

but it is not an either/or situation:  emissions from natural sources or emissions from man's activities.  It is a combination of the two.  if reducing our part would slow things down just a few decades, then we'd have a few more decades to figure out how to deal with the major problems.

what are the major problems?   a billion people being displaced by rising water, &guy and more frequent storms, major drought in the midwest US where most of the world's corn is produced,  Manhattan and Miami becoming like Venice.

The Coach

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2008, 12:39:39 PM »
If anyone seriously thinks that it's as bad as Gore is making it out to be is either a sucker, incredibly ignorant or just plain dumb.

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2008, 12:53:25 PM »
If anyone seriously thinks that it's as bad as Gore is making it out to be is either a sucker, incredibly ignorant or just plain dumb.

My big issue with the whole "global warming" situation is that ALGORE and his flunkies always say it is "you" and "your way of life" that is causing the whole thing.  If you would just give up more of your personal freedoms, resources, etc., then they could save you and the whole planet.  Of course, if you disagree with them, you are "ignorant" and "part of the problem."

BTW...does ALGORE still use $2k + per month worth of utilities?  Typical Limosine Liberal/Hollywood Hypocrite.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2008, 01:00:12 PM »

So exactly what is it Gore claims?
As empty as paradise

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2008, 02:32:07 PM »
Global warming means that EVERY SINGLE day is warmer than it should be. 
Even ONE DAY that is below average temperatures, anywhere in the world PROVES that global warming is a total lie. 

I think it's obvious that this trend of a few days of cooler temperatures in a portion of one country proves that the average temperature of earth is NOT increasing.
Y

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2008, 03:17:27 PM »
Global warming means that EVERY SINGLE day is warmer than it should be. 
Even ONE DAY that is below average temperatures, anywhere in the world PROVES that global warming is a total lie. 

I think it's obvious that this trend of a few days of cooler temperatures in a portion of one country proves that the average temperature of earth is NOT increasing.

a science major you are not.    the problem with the term global warming is that to the layman warming only means increase in temperature.  but to scientists, warming also means an increase in the total amount of energy in a system.  that energy can take many forms.

global warming is that the total amount of energy of the earth is increasing. This includes the temperature of the oceans, the air, the ice, the ground.  it also includes the energy stored in wind and ocean currents.

The Gulf of Mexico is a big body of water who's temperature changes from year to year.   when its temperature is higher, there is more energy stored in it.  Hurricanes get their energy from the ocean water they travel over.   when the Gulf of Mexico's water is warmer, it can create larger category hurricanes.   but then creating larger hurricanes cools the water.  Energy is transferred from the water to the storm.  the total energy in the system didn't change.  it just changed forms.

Now the earth does receive energy from an outside source, the sun.  It also receives energy from the leftover heat from the core.   this energy is stored in the oceans and the atmosphere.   But energy is also radiated out into space, mostly in the form of infrared heat.   as long as the amount coming in from the sun, plus the amount coming up from the core, is equal to the amount radiated into space, then the total amount of energy in the system remains the same and temps remain stable.   the problem is when the amount coming into the system is not equal to the amount leaving the system.

too much water vapor in the air, and you get extra clouds reflecting the sunlight back into space, so less energy reaches the ground.    too much greenhouse gasses, such as C02, sunlight is allowed in, but infrared light (heat) is not allowed out, and the amount of energy in the system increases.

too much energy in the system means more violent storms and rising sea levels.

then there is frozen methane in the permafrost and under shallow seas such as off the coast of Florida.   right now all that methane is trapped.  but warm the soil or the sea floor by just a degree or two, and it can all escape into the atmosphere.   Methane is a greenhouse gas.   then things can really get out of control.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2008, 04:46:47 PM »
And tell me what tax that Al Gore wants on us is going to do darn thing about any of that????

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2008, 05:01:10 PM »
a science major you are not.    the problem with the term global warming is that to the layman warming only means increase in temperature.  but to scientists, warming also means an increase in the total amount of energy in a system.  that energy can take many forms.

global warming is that the total amount of energy of the earth is increasing. This includes the temperature of the oceans, the air, the ice, the ground.  it also includes the energy stored in wind and ocean currents.

The Gulf of Mexico is a big body of water who's temperature changes from year to year.   when its temperature is higher, there is more energy stored in it.  Hurricanes get their energy from the ocean water they travel over.   when the Gulf of Mexico's water is warmer, it can create larger category hurricanes.   but then creating larger hurricanes cools the water.  Energy is transferred from the water to the storm.  the total energy in the system didn't change.  it just changed forms.

Now the earth does receive energy from an outside source, the sun.  It also receives energy from the leftover heat from the core.   this energy is stored in the oceans and the atmosphere.   But energy is also radiated out into space, mostly in the form of infrared heat.   as long as the amount coming in from the sun, plus the amount coming up from the core, is equal to the amount radiated into space, then the total amount of energy in the system remains the same and temps remain stable.   the problem is when the amount coming into the system is not equal to the amount leaving the system.

too much water vapor in the air, and you get extra clouds reflecting the sunlight back into space, so less energy reaches the ground.    too much greenhouse gasses, such as C02, sunlight is allowed in, but infrared light (heat) is not allowed out, and the amount of energy in the system increases.

too much energy in the system means more violent storms and rising sea levels.

then there is frozen methane in the permafrost and under shallow seas such as off the coast of Florida.   right now all that methane is trapped.  but warm the soil or the sea floor by just a degree or two, and it can all escape into the atmosphere.   Methane is a greenhouse gas.   then things can really get out of control.

...great post Tim.

But as someone who has a background in physics I feel I must notify you of the fatal flaw in your reasoning:

You can't explain complex scientific concepts to religious people... if they understood science they wouldn't be religious in the first place... you are dealing with people who don't understand metaphor, what makes you think they'd fare any better with algebra?

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2008, 05:47:41 PM »
...great post Tim.

But as someone who has a background in physics I feel I must notify you of the fatal flaw in your reasoning:

You can't explain complex scientific concepts to religious people... if they understood science they wouldn't be religious in the first place... you are dealing with people who don't understand metaphor, what makes you think they'd fare any better with algebra?

The Luke
your ignorant
darwin was clergy
mendell was clergy

Religion and science do not oppose one another.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2008, 05:58:41 PM »
your ignorant

my ignorant what?

perhaps you mean you're ignorant, such as when you don't know the proper use of your and you're

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2008, 06:15:39 PM »
my ignorant what?

perhaps you mean you're ignorant, such as when you don't know the proper use of your and you're
it wasnt directed at you but ya for somebody to make a sarcastic comment when they falsely believe a comment was directed them does make you ignorant, ass.

LOL weve had this conversation many times when ppl have nothing else to say about a topic they attack grammer. You obviously understood what i was saying and im not going out of my way if ppl can understand what im saying so why dont you stfu.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2008, 06:43:35 PM »
your ignorant
darwin was clergy
mendell was clergy

Religion and science do not oppose one another.

Didn't you mean:

You're ignorant. (As in "You are ignorant")
Darwin was a cleric (or "Darwin was a member of the clergy").
Mendel was a cleric (or "Mendel was a member of the clergy").

"Clergy" is a collective noun.

it wasnt directed at you but ya for somebody to make a sarcastic comment when they falsely believe a comment was directed (at) them does make you ignorant, ass.

LOL weve had this conversation many times when ppl have nothing else to say about a topic they attack grammer. You obviously understood what i was saying and im not going out of my way if ppl can understand what im saying so why dont you stfu.

...I won't even start with the poor punctuation, spelling, syntax and grammar here, lest you accuse me of also being "ignorant"... when you really mean to use the word "obnoxious", but you are so ignorant that you believe ignorant is some type of synonym for obnoxious.

Another "Palin/Jebus 2012" voter.

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »
Didn't you mean:

You're ignorant. (As in "You are ignorant")
Darwin was a cleric (or "Darwin was a member of the clergy").
Mendel was a cleric (or "Mendel was a member of the clergy").

"Clergy" is a collective noun.
LOL epic avoiding the point and highlighting your ignorance.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2008, 06:53:02 PM »
Again like i said its been done to death when someone is shown to be wrong they attack grammer LOL classic.

why dont you reply to the comment luke?