Author Topic: Training Vs Diet % 50/50 70/30 90/10?  (Read 4762 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Training Vs Diet % 50/50 70/30 90/10?
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2008, 04:18:48 PM »
ahahahahahaha

this simpleton thinks he knows all.

funny how his 'physique' really displays the wealth of knowledge he has amassed thru his years of vigorous training.
hahahaha you're so dumb you heard the term pumping iron and you said you can't because you dont have a pump  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2008, 04:20:23 PM »
No mate, I never read or post in those boards. Never have. I am not interested in discussing training and nutrition so much as I am in trolling and discussing competitive bodybuilding. I was into all that stuff back in the 90s and you really only need to find what works for you and stick with it. I'm yet to hit a plateau or slow down in gaining, not to mention I love working out and eating the way I do. So I don't really look into in depth discussions on those kind of topics.
cool, but surely there is room for slight improvement?

saying that, what you are doing is working. 8)
175lbs by 31st July

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2008, 04:21:19 PM »
i wasted years believing in the risks of overtraining and the predominant importance of diet.

At some point i reached a plateau. It was obvious i wasnt making any progresses believing in that crap, or at least that i wasnt working well for me.

I said, fuck it, im going to train more often my weakest bodyparts and dont care much about diet or rest anymore. THese weak spots will get hammered until they improve!

I focused on training each bodypart every 3/4 days and get two days of rest every 3 or 4 weeks.

Ive never made so quick progresses since. It worked like a charm and i wondered why i wasted so much time beliving in that "focus on diet /rest/ dont train too much" crap. Obviously, my muscles didnt need 5/6 or 7 days of rest before getting hammered again.
The funny is that i dont even eat more either, it's the oposite, i eat like a bird and sometimes even less than before, yet im making better progresses.

I guess it might depend from an indivual to another, but all in all its focusing on working out MORE often and with new techniques that got me past my plateau.

the more you train, the more chiseled muscle mass you grow, period.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2008, 04:24:03 PM »
cool, but surely there is room for slight improvement?

For sure, but where do you draw the line? If I was competing and needed every edge I could get, maybe, but I just like lifting and looking strong. And to be honest, I've done my share of discussing it with people IRL as well as teaching people (clients of mine I was personal training while studying at Uni) and you just reach a stage where you've had enough of it, lol.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2008, 04:26:04 PM »
hahahaha you're so dumb you heard the term pumping iron and you said you can't because you dont have a pump  ::)

wow.

funny.
b

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2008, 04:28:02 PM »
wow.

funny.

not as funy as this

BOOOOM
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2008, 04:29:13 PM »
i wasted years believing in overtraining and the predominant importance of diet.

At some point i reached a plateau. It was obvious i wasnt making any progresses believing in that crap, or at least that i wasnt working well for me.

I said, fuck it, im going to train more often my weakest bodyparts and dont care much about diet or rest anymore. THese weak spots will get hammered until they improve!

I focused on training each bodypart every 3/4 days and get two days of rest every 3 or 4 weeks.

Ive never made so quick progresses since. It worked like a charm and i wondered why i wasted so much time beliving in that "focus on diet /rest/ dont train too much". Obviously, my muscles didnt need 5/6 or 7 days of rest before getting hammered again.
The funny is that i dont even eat more either, it's the oposite, i eat like a bird and sometimes even less than before, yet im making better progresses.

I guess it depends from an indivual to another, but all in all its focusing on working out MORE often and with new techniques that got me past my plateau.

science actually backs working out every 3 days as being optimal, so you its no surprise.  8)
175lbs by 31st July

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2008, 04:36:47 PM »
science actually backs working out every 3 days as being optimal, so you its no surprise.  8)

dear tuba player, here's a serious question for you...

how is it you claim to know so much about physiology and nutrition, but look the way you do?

i understand from previous posts that you had injured your rotator cuffs not allowing you to train, but did this debilitating injury cause you to eat yourself to the point of obesity?

just curious.
b

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »

dear tuba player, here's a serious question for you...

how is it you claim to know so much about physiology and nutrition, but look the way you do?

i understand from previous posts that you had injured your rotator cuffs not allowing you to train, but did this debilitating injury cause you to eat yourself to the point of obesity?

just curious.

hahahahaha still melting i see.

just because i own you about 100 times, theres no need to stalk me all over getbig.  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2008, 04:51:53 PM »
hahahahaha still melting i see.

just because i own you about 100 times, theres no need to stalk me all over getbig.  ;D

apparently from the pics dante posted of you, the only thing you own is a 56 inch waistline.
b

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2008, 04:56:30 PM »
apparently from the pics dante posted of you, the only thing you own is a 56 inch waistline.

wheres that pic big stuff?
175lbs by 31st July

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2008, 04:59:05 PM »
wheres that pic big stuff?

right here:

tell you what, tuba player...

i'll post a pic of myself tomorrow nite, taken tomorrow, if you do the same, according to the rules you have set down for doing so.

lets see just how much you look like the sage you claim to be, shall we, tubbo?

think you can get off that motorised cart you use for mobility long enough to snap a pic of that fine physique of yours, shamu?
b

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2008, 05:02:31 PM »
right here:

think you can get off that motorised cart you use for mobility long enough to snap a pic of that fine physique of yours, shamu?

look everyone on getbig knows you will never post a pic, why dop you insist on embarassing yourself further.

i have owned you on nutrition, training, life, getbig, being a man, etc etc

you are now stalking me from thread to thread, melting at every .

i'll tell you what, if you want to own me post 1 pic holding a sign that says i'm no one from getbig.

assuming you look better than me ? and that beach guy.  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2008, 11:28:08 PM »
Your all wrong.

Genetics play a far larger role than training or diet.

I see guys who have shitty form, eat mcdonalds six days a week and burger king on the other day, but they have awesome genes, and look better than 99% of the people in the gym.

Why??? Because of GENETICS! ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2008, 06:11:48 AM »
true ...I said that no genetics equals no bb

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2008, 06:15:26 AM »

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2008, 06:42:42 PM »
In your opinion, taking "rest" out of the equation....give a percentage to diet and training....
How important are these two factors in your bodybulding quest...

For me, Diet 70% at LEAST.

My gains always come when i pay attention to macronutrient ratios and meal timing.
I have gone months training with high intensity, and seen no change in my body, then i pay attention to diet...
the gains start coming.

It's my belief that food is the best way to alter my physique

So for me 70% diet 30% training

drugs and respond to drugs ,, 80-90%
food and training ,,10-20%

you cant hold muscular 200+  at 5'9 or so at low bodyfat% or even high singlre digit with out hormones
if you have fakes from china you will never see a pro card up to 2000,,now days you got putnams and company so you can get a pro card even when you do it for the girls,,all a matter of how much shit you take and if legit pharma grade you will be able to pass by with a lot less and ofcourse avoid health problems

diet only helps when preping for competition,,even then todays bodybuilders that achived anything dont follow it stritly due to enourmous use of gh

with gh and the bellys you see around ..there is no need for strict diet,,look around you at the gym you can tell the gh users very fast because their tummy is always going 3 inch forward than their pecs,,

the use of trenbolone and gh with testosterone basically made the need of diet none existant during most of the year

thats bodybuilding for you 2008
fallen angel

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2008, 01:03:42 AM »
No matter how I eat the greatest progress I have seen is through hard training.

Just adding: If you give the body good stimulus and a reason to adapt, it will do it even with non optimal diet. This is my opinion. Other way around, lousy training and perfect diet, it won´t work.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2008, 01:27:05 AM »
its a combination, if your diet is 100% spot on you wont create a single musclefiber with weak training. 
I say its fifty-fifty.   
For example you can eat just 3  meals a day, but if you do one 50 rep set standing calves with moderate (light) weight, they will grow, no question.

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2008, 02:03:36 AM »
ammmm...

If there is no Steroids then it will be as follows:
Diet: 75%
Training: 25%

With the help of Steroids it will be as follow:
Steroids: 80%
Diet: 15%
Training: 5%

And I stick to my mind because of what I see from my friends who are steroids users.
Corvette Lover

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2008, 03:27:59 AM »
In your opinion, taking "rest" out of the equation....give a percentage to diet and training....
How important are these two factors in your bodybulding quest...

For me, Diet 70% at LEAST.

My gains always come when i pay attention to macronutrient ratios and meal timing.
I have gone months training with high intensity, and seen no change in my body, then i pay attention to diet...
the gains start coming.

It's my belief that food is the best way to alter my physique

So for me 70% diet 30% training

Whilst I see what you're saying, it seems funny to say diet is more that 50%, since with diet alone you can't really put on muscle, you have to train for that to happen. Ronnie reckons training is more important, or at least his ghost writer does, I go with him. Plus I've found if you don't get stronger it's hard to make much progress.