Author Topic: Most recent status of wounds (GRAPHIC)  (Read 43903 times)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Most recent status of wounds
« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2008, 04:31:20 AM »
Yes Mike Dusa is either trolling or he is the dumbest guy to ever post on GetBig.

Moosejay

« Reply #251 on: December 22, 2008, 04:31:48 AM »
moosejay  you are in medical CRISIS you need all sorts of help.  that is all i meant

Oh. sorry, thanks

Moosejay

« Reply #252 on: December 22, 2008, 04:32:40 AM »
MIKE DUSA GET TO THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE NOW@!@

I am sceduled for 10 am today

Moosejay

« Reply #253 on: December 22, 2008, 04:33:20 AM »
Yes Mike Dusa is either trolling or he is the dumbest #### to ever post on GetBig.

This made me laugh out loud, actually

ever?

wow

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #254 on: December 22, 2008, 04:33:38 AM »
I am sceduled for 10 am today

Good luck Iron Mike.

Mons Venus

« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2008, 04:55:52 AM »
I am doing everything I can

This consumes me. Literally and figuratively.

May Clinic next.

Altho I have already had bad experiences there.

We will see.

Have you tried Hyperbaric O2 therapy ?

Good luck man.

Moosejay

« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2008, 05:13:37 AM »

Moosejay

« Reply #257 on: December 22, 2008, 05:14:23 AM »
Have you tried Hyperbaric O2 therapy ?

Good luck man.

It has been suggested to me by one of my docs...not yet...after surgeries if they ultimately do not help...and I am beginningh to think they will not

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #258 on: December 22, 2008, 07:39:22 AM »
Hope you get better soon MJ. Let us know how things progress

The Coach

« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2008, 08:45:17 AM »
Please take this post with the up most seriousness. I am a ER MD. I work in Orlando, Florida. Worked at one of the best hospitals in the country the past ten years before moving to Florida. I have seen it all. Trust me. Listen carefully to what I am about to tell you.

Moosejay, you need to get some real help soon. Your way past the maybe stage. You will most likely lose your arm up to the elbow and may lose your life if not treated soon. How your doctors are "stumped' on this one is beyond me. No eating meat is not the cause, Septra will not help you, and Honey will not help you. It is not flesh eating bacteria. If it was your arm would be gone in a day or even hours , bone and all. You don't want it getting in your bloodstream your already immunosuppressed , your organs are next if it reaches your blood stream. You need to be taken care of "NOW".

Do me a favor and more importantly yourself. Never see your doctors again or go to the hospital that did your surgery again. I can get into why later. The most important aspect right now is your health and your life.

Your so called "doctors' and the hospital your now going to is to blame for your current condition. I am truly amazed and stumped on how and why you have loyalty to them. Go seek some professional help. Your not dealing with professionals. Period. Anyone that would let you go through this pain and suffering for the length of time you have is not taking your plight seriously or more likely in denial that they were the cause of your infection. You should have been hospitalized immediately at the first signs of MRSA. Your have MRSA. End of story.

You need to go to MAYO NOW. Get in your car and drive there or take a taxi. NOW. Right now. I don't think you realize how serious this is. Your in danger as I am writing this post. That open wound is a ticking time bomb.

Wound healing involves three distinct stages,the inflammatory, proliferative, and a remodeling phase.

In the inflammatory phase, bacteria and debris are phagocytized and removed, and factors are released that cause the migration and division of cells involved in the proliferative phase. Your way past that point.

The proliferative phase is characterized by angiogenesis, collagen deposition, granulation tissue formation, epithelialization, and wound contraction.

In the maturation and remodeling phase, collagen is remodeled and realigned along tension lines and cells that are no longer needed are removed by apoptosis.

All three processes are very fragile. The challenge here clinically and microbiologically is to identify which healing phase is impaired as a result of infection or heavy bacterial burden and figure out which systemic or topical antimicrobial treatment will be of benefit. For this you need to be hospitalized. NOW.
In most cases after a wound such as yours after surgery is methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), which is more commonly encountered, reflecting the hospital flora.

If your doctors did a swab and are still "stumped' is may be because organisms cultured from a superficial swab may, however, simply reflect the colonising bacterial flora and are not always representative of the pathogenic organisms invading deeper tissue. This is particularly relevant to deep surgical and deep penetrating wounds such as yours in which infection from internal sources may occur. I have seen this mistake too many times to count. Improper "swabs' putting the patient at risk because most doctors do not experience these kinds of wounds on a rountine basis. Most of the peers I have met over the years the best doctors come from large 'teaching hospitals' and see a wider array of wounds and their causes. Even the best trained doctors would miss a 'bad or negative swab' if they have not encountered such a wound before.

Most laboratories will perform a semiquantitative analysis on wound swabs. This entails grading bacterial growth as scanty, light, moderate, or heavy. Semiquantitative analysis introduces a bias towards motile and fast growing organisms.Infection is a major source of failed wound healing.
Fastidious organisms such as anaerobes may be under-represented. Bacterial load greater than 100 000 organisms or colony forming units per gram of tissue or mm3 of pus is a predictor of wound infection.

If your wound is MRSA, which I suspect it is, you should start on a treatment of Zyvox immediately. Linezolid, an oxazolidinone, is a very effective agent against MRSA. It has excellent bioavailability, can be administered orally, and has good skin and bone penetration.

Please listen to what I am telling you. Good luck and god bless.

Mike, you need to take this mans advice ASAP. You said the Mayo takes months to get into. Perhaps you or your docs did not stress the seriousness of this. My guess is, in your advanced stage THEY WILL NOT TURN YOU DOWN........go NOW!

BTW, ignore the childlike trolls who say you're faking this. They have no life and it reflects on here.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #260 on: December 22, 2008, 09:40:36 AM »
This shit is half retarded to me...I would hit the emergency room complaining of chest pains...End of story...You will have everyone surrounding you in 5 minutes time...Then tell them you can't feel your fucking arm at all...

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #261 on: December 22, 2008, 10:36:19 AM »
TAKE THAT DOCTORS ADVICE OR YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE YOUR LIFE!!!!!! IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!!
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

~weed~

« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »
That is awful!!    :o

If I was you I would go to the Mayo and just walk in and start screaming!  I think someone would come look at you!

I hope you get answers soon and that starts healing.
  :-\

prof

• Getbig II
« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2008, 11:39:07 AM »

Mike, you need to take this mans advice ASAP. You said the Mayo takes months to get into. Perhaps you or your docs did not stress the seriousness of this. My guess is, in your advanced stage THEY WILL NOT TURN YOU DOWN........go NOW!

BTW, ignore the childlike trolls who say you're faking this. They have no life and it reflects on here.

If I were you, I would fly to the mayo clinic.  Go to the emergency room, and just sit there until someone looked at the arm.

If it is as serious as it looks, and as the doc confirmed it is, they would see you, put you in a room right away, and take care of you.

This is what emergency rooms are for

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
« Reply #264 on: December 22, 2008, 03:30:14 PM »
You should put some Neosporin on that.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #265 on: December 22, 2008, 04:00:17 PM »
You should put some Neosporin on that.

Robitussin. Let that 'tussin get in there and do its thing.
!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2008, 05:20:03 PM »
Gotta agree with some of the above people.  Just walk into the hospital and show them it, they'll have to do something about it.  The longer it goes untreated, the more risk of further complications.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2008, 07:16:40 PM »
Please take this post with the up most seriousness. I am a ER MD. I work in Orlando, Florida. Worked at one of the best hospitals in the country the past ten years before moving to Florida. I have seen it all. Trust me. Listen carefully to what I am about to tell you.

Moosejay, you need to get some real help soon. Your way past the maybe stage. You will most likely lose your arm up to the elbow and may lose your life if not treated soon. How your doctors are "stumped' on this one is beyond me. No eating meat is not the cause, Septra will not help you, and Honey will not help you. It is not flesh eating bacteria. If it was your arm would be gone in a day or even hours , bone and all. You don't want it getting in your bloodstream your already immunosuppressed , your organs are next if it reaches your blood stream. You need to be taken care of "NOW".

Do me a favor and more importantly yourself. Never see your doctors again or go to the hospital that did your surgery again. I can get into why later. The most important aspect right now is your health and your life.

Your so called "doctors' and the hospital your now going to is to blame for your current condition. I am truly amazed and stumped on how and why you have loyalty to them. Go seek some professional help. Your not dealing with professionals. Period. Anyone that would let you go through this pain and suffering for the length of time you have is not taking your plight seriously or more likely in denial that they were the cause of your infection. You should have been hospitalized immediately at the first signs of MRSA. Your have MRSA. End of story.

You need to go to MAYO NOW. Get in your car and drive there or take a taxi. NOW. Right now. I don't think you realize how serious this is. Your in danger as I am writing this post. That open wound is a ticking time bomb.

Wound healing involves three distinct stages,the inflammatory, proliferative, and a remodeling phase.

In the inflammatory phase, bacteria and debris are phagocytized and removed, and factors are released that cause the migration and division of cells involved in the proliferative phase. Your way past that point.

The proliferative phase is characterized by angiogenesis, collagen deposition, granulation tissue formation, epithelialization, and wound contraction.

In the maturation and remodeling phase, collagen is remodeled and realigned along tension lines and cells that are no longer needed are removed by apoptosis.

All three processes are very fragile. The challenge here clinically and microbiologically is to identify which healing phase is impaired as a result of infection or heavy bacterial burden and figure out which systemic or topical antimicrobial treatment will be of benefit. For this you need to be hospitalized. NOW.
In most cases after a wound such as yours after surgery is methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), which is more commonly encountered, reflecting the hospital flora.

If your doctors did a swab and are still "stumped' is may be because organisms cultured from a superficial swab may, however, simply reflect the colonising bacterial flora and are not always representative of the pathogenic organisms invading deeper tissue. This is particularly relevant to deep surgical and deep penetrating wounds such as yours in which infection from internal sources may occur. I have seen this mistake too many times to count. Improper "swabs' putting the patient at risk because most doctors do not experience these kinds of wounds on a rountine basis. Most of the peers I have met over the years the best doctors come from large 'teaching hospitals' and see a wider array of wounds and their causes. Even the best trained doctors would miss a 'bad or negative swab' if they have not encountered such a wound before.

Most laboratories will perform a semiquantitative analysis on wound swabs. This entails grading bacterial growth as scanty, light, moderate, or heavy. Semiquantitative analysis introduces a bias towards motile and fast growing organisms.Infection is a major source of failed wound healing.
Fastidious organisms such as anaerobes may be under-represented. Bacterial load greater than 100 000 organisms or colony forming units per gram of tissue or mm3 of pus is a predictor of wound infection.

If your wound is MRSA, which I suspect it is, you should start on a treatment of Zyvox immediately. Linezolid, an oxazolidinone, is a very effective agent against MRSA. It has excellent bioavailability, can be administered orally, and has good skin and bone penetration.

Please listen to what I am telling you. Good luck and god bless.

Bump

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #268 on: December 22, 2008, 07:36:09 PM »
allopathic treatement is'nt always the best..

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2008, 07:54:16 PM »
yeah the ER doctor sounds like he knows what he is talking about, Moose listen to him!
TEAM Nasser

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2008, 10:01:39 PM »
Put a big bandaid on it.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #271 on: December 23, 2008, 12:38:57 AM »
I swear use Krazy Glue.  Works great on cuts

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #272 on: December 23, 2008, 02:47:53 AM »
Get your body to an Alkaline state...If you are 33% bodyfat, there is no doubt you are running extremely acidic...

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #273 on: December 23, 2008, 02:55:08 AM »
Yeah, you probably should go to a top notch hospital ASAP. You can stay with the same doctor and wait till your arm looks like a steak,  but after a so many weeks he should have at least found the cause.

Some lifestyle or diet changes will probably help in the long run also, but this is an emergency and i don't think you should waste time waiting.

Good luck man! You will get through this no matter what.

$

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #274 on: December 23, 2008, 07:38:12 AM »
I would pull a John Q. I would walk up in that bitch with a gun. Yeah you might go to jail for a month or so, but I would plead insanity.. For real if my arm looked like that, they would be seeing me. this is fucking serious, if you lose your arm your life will change forever. Disablitiy for life, or worse you lose your life.. I would be doing something more then going back to the same doctor.. Good luck with everything..