Author Topic: "My Body wasn't designed for SQUATS" mmm  (Read 3338 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: "My Body wasn't designed for SQUATS" mmm
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 02:22:23 PM »
Don't know what you're laughing at - you're one of the culprits who claimed his body wasn't designed for squats!  :D
i hate squats, they are uncomfortable like a bitch, and to me, that means im not meant to do e. besides, i kickass on the other leg movements. i love legs, i jus hate squats.

anyways, i was laughing at the comment that he needs to work on his forearms.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 08:17:14 PM »
It's hard to operate the flowbe with a nub.

Props for working out.

For me squats only seem to hit my hamstrings,  Front squats, hacks, and sissys fry my quads much more effectively.

Do you "goodmorning" your squats?  I tend to when fatigued.  I'm just front squatting these days.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 10:23:34 PM »
With squats you have to be very very careful about getting the form perfect. If you don't do that, you'll never be "built right" for them.

They are possibly the largest growth promoter for the entire body, however, so learning them is worth it, even if you have to start with the unloaded bar to get your form perfect before moving up. Watch yourself in the mirror and/or have someone who knows what they're doing monitor your reps to tell you what is/is not right about your form so that you can correct it. Correct form means optimal growth stimulation and ultimately maximum poundages and progress, so you want to place it at a very high value...

Basically, the bar should always be directly in a line straight up from your heels, your back should always maintain an arc, and when you push up, you should be pushing up with the back half of the foot, not the front. So, you'll push off your heels. Push your chest out and make sure you breathe. Go at least low enough that your thighs are parallel to the floor. Don't pause at the bottom, at the bottom should almost be a "bounce" back up. It's benefits make the squat well worth learning properly. You know you want the heaps of muscle.  ;)

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 10:28:07 PM »
Anyone have the story on this dude? he looks like he got hit by a boat swimming. Im being serious too. Not heckling.

Jason

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 10:45:14 PM »
Do you "goodmorning" your squats?  I tend to when fatigued.  I'm just front squatting these days.

If anything one of my problems is I'm too strict on my form sometimes.  When I squat I am pretty much textbook and they just seem to hit my hams the hardest.  I actually do 20 rep squats primarily for my hamstrings and they respond very well.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 11:35:47 PM »
If anything one of my problems is I'm too strict on my form sometimes.  When I squat I am pretty much textbook and they just seem to hit my hams the hardest.  I actually do 20 rep squats primarily for my hamstrings and they respond very well.
What do you mean by "too strict?"

I believe that's impossible with squats. Don't let it slip away, ever, it's dangerous as hell. With the form slips the disc.  :-\

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 11:44:51 PM »
What do you mean by "too strict?"

I believe that's impossible with squats. Don't let it slip away, ever, it's dangerous as hell. With the form slips the disc.  :-\

I don't mean too strict with squats so to speak,  just speaking in general about training.  As soon as my form is compromised on a set I quit.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2008, 12:09:05 AM »
I don't mean too strict with squats so to speak,  just speaking in general about training.  As soon as my form is compromised on a set I quit.
OK, you're saying you can reach yet higher levels of intensity (stimulation) by continuing the set?

Do you mean like continuing but only partial range-of-motion?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 12:16:42 AM »
OK, you're saying you can reach yet higher levels of intensity (stimulation) by continuing the set?

Do you mean like continuing but only partial range-of-motion?

A good example I can give you is on standing BB curls,  as soon as my elbows start to stray from my sides and I swing one rep I quit.  I like to train frequantly so I try to stimulate my muscles and stress my CNS as little as possible. At some points of the year I hit all muscle groups accept abs 3 times a week.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2008, 06:14:08 AM »
Alot of guys on here makig up bullshit excuses about being unable to squat due to bodytype/bone structure
If this guy can do it, anyone can

his legs are better than.....80% of getbiggers??   Props to him

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2008, 08:26:36 AM »
I actually get told my bodys not designed for squats but i still do em, i suck at squats but i do em cos theres no other leg exercise that comes close.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2008, 08:40:11 AM »
Anyone have the story on this dude? he looks like he got hit by a boat swimming. Im being serious too. Not heckling.

Jason

He got an electric shock as a kid, touched in the wrong place while playing outside.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 10:57:41 AM »
squats, best exercise ever!!!!!!
Most are all show no go!

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 03:17:26 PM »
A good example I can give you is on standing BB curls,  as soon as my elbows start to stray from my sides and I swing one rep I quit.  I like to train frequantly so I try to stimulate my muscles and stress my CNS as little as possible. At some points of the year I hit all muscle groups accept abs 3 times a week.
Ok, you're talking about techniques to raise the intensity past positive failure. For instance, you may continue to move the weight in a portion of the ROM you are still able to until you can't move it at all or something like that. X-Reps are another good example.

I thought you meant you would sacrifice your form on Squats in particular, which would be extremely dangerous.