Author Topic: Top 4 Strongest Men of All Time  (Read 4249 times)

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
Re: Top 4 Strongest Men of All Time
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2008, 01:16:56 PM »
Northern Ireland is part of the UK is it not?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2008, 01:19:27 PM »
Dual nationality is in operation here. I am Irish. Thats why we can get Irish passports etc

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2008, 01:27:54 PM »
Savickas is far stronger than Pudz, that's a fact.

Actually yeah I forgot about him - Savickas definitely is the better of the two.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2008, 01:28:42 PM »
Glenn Ross potentially in static events.

Dominic Filious could have been a real great strongman...he lacks heart or something

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2008, 01:31:15 PM »

Dominic Filious could have been a real great strongman...he lacks heart or something

Glen Ross? British guy, right?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2008, 01:31:49 PM »
I dont know i never asked him his nationality when i met him.

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2008, 01:36:37 PM »
I dont know i never asked him his nationality when i met him.

He must be British, he won Britain's Strongest Man.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2008, 01:37:38 PM »
No one has answered my question?  Goudy of all people!  What about the tubby fattie Benedict Magnusson?  You were drooling over his amazing pectorals in the other thread.  Not even a mention in this thread?  I'm surprised!  ::)

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2008, 01:42:17 PM »
No one has answered my question?  Goudy of all people!  What about the tubby fattie Benedict Magnusson?  You were drooling over his amazing pectorals in the other thread.  Not even a mention in this thread?  I'm surprised!  ::)

A pair of moobs do not pectorals make.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »

yes something is not right in this guys head or something, the guy is 6-6 440 yes not 340 but FOUR40, he DWARFS all the other competitors and probably has the largest muscular arms ever in the world but he always competes like he has down syndrome. what a shame

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2008, 01:44:59 PM »

What i said was that by no means was he small. He looks huge and also fat but you can tell he trained by his arms and lats and shoulders. To deny that is insanity Mr 35" legs.

JOHN MATRIX....he has no confidence or something. Seems to stop when things get tough. Huge beyone belief

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008, 01:47:42 PM »
hey Billy did you ever see the issue of MILO where they went and filmed Gary Taylor training? the guy did a casual 700x3 olympic squat rock bottom, inclined 455 for 3, jerk pressed 500 and did some 100 pound db front raises all in the same workout as some kind of demo, dude was a beast.

The guy was amazingly strong.I remember in the WSM when that samoan guy pressed some weight and did a dance after he got it,then Taylor took like 20lbs more and pressed it like a toy and mocked the guy.Had he not gotten hurt,he would have won more WSMs.Plus his build was on par with Marius'.Unreal traps,pecks,delts.Truly an all time great and VERY underrated.

Anytime a guy can go from strength sport to strength sport and be world class,it just shows pure strength.Guys like Henry and Taylor are great at powerlifting,olympic lifting,WSM[Henry won the Arnold one year]and Taylor even bodybuilding,thats a sign of greatness.Henry is now going to try and break grip records.There is nothing either of these guys cant do.

One thing about Anderson.The guy squatted 900 three times a day for a month at exhibitions raising money for his boys home.He did this with dress pants on and dress shoes.No gear at all.Think about that, 900 three times a day for a month.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2008, 01:48:44 PM »
What about that fat tubby female.......Benedict Magnusson?

To answer your question.

A great PLer does not make a great strongman. E.g Ed coan would get beat easily by a 2nd tier strongman. Despite maye having teh same or greater gym lifts

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2008, 01:55:53 PM »
Calm down Goudy, the guy was generalizing.....

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2008, 01:59:15 PM »
To answer your question.

A great PLer does not make a great strongman. E.g Ed coan would get beat easily by a 2nd tier strongman. Despite maye having teh same or greater gym lifts

However,most of the great strongmen come from powerlifting histories.Eddy wouldnt do well,because he is a midget[he admits this].

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2008, 02:05:43 PM »
Calm down Goudy, the guy was generalizing.....

who on earth are you?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2008, 02:07:18 PM »
However,most of the great strongmen come from powerlifting histories.Eddy wouldnt do well,because he is a midget[he admits this].

I guess you know where i am coming from

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2008, 02:33:25 PM »
I guess you know where i am coming from

Clearly to do strongman you need certain physical abilities.Lets face it,many powerlifters have long left any athletic ability behind.I actually think Olympic lifters have an advantage because its a much more athletic sport requiring speed.Powerlifting is simply about strength.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2008, 02:34:09 PM »
Koklyaev and in previous years Bergmanis from latvia proved this