Author Topic: do you think a normal guy could beat an mma fighter in a street fight  (Read 44370 times)

spinnis

Re: do you think a normal guy could beat an mma fighter in a street fight
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2008, 05:30:51 PM »

His advantage in a life/death fight is probably that he instinctively goes for techniques + spots that kills or severely injures immediately, while an MMA fighter (without similar training) might go for less lethal ways of attacking.

But this advantage = useless in an MMA ring, and how it works against an MMA fighter in a real life fight = still difficult to know. Regardless of that, a guy that solely trains to kill in the quickest way possible = a very dangerous adversary.

I wonder what he would to if a stood 10m away with a gun pointed at him..

he would probably do a DOUBLE BACKFLIP KICKFLOP JUDO JUMP WRIST CONTROL SUPER MEGA SMASH BOX OFFICE MULTI MILLION DOLLAR MOVIE GRAB and KILL ME!

;D

spinnis

« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2008, 05:31:49 PM »

You seem unable to comprehend the core of what = being discussed here Swede.

Someone should not claim to be super dangerous and havent even proved it against any mma guy.

If fedor said he was lethal and one of the most dangerous guys in the world I would believe him.

spinnis

« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2008, 05:32:55 PM »
He's 50 with wife and young kids, runs a successfull training school, and still does consultation for special forces units around the world, including a systema seminar he just did a special presentation at the United Nations.

Russia has some tough ass mma trainers though.

I just dont respect self defence classes sry.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2008, 05:33:24 PM »

he would probably do a DOUBLE BACKFLIP KICKFLOP JUDO JUMP WRIST CONTROL SUPER MEGA SMASH BOX OFFICE MULTI MILLION DOLLAR MOVIE GRAB and KILL ME!

;D

He'd be dead in under 2 seconds lol

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2008, 05:33:42 PM »

;D

Oh come on dude, now you're just talking bullshit, obviously from a certain distance no one has a chance against a weapon like a gun. The minimum disarmament distance for a gun I believe is 9 feet (distance at which you can reach the gun before the guy puts enough pressure on the trigger to fire)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2008, 05:35:31 PM »
Someone should not claim to be super dangerous and havent even proved it against any mma guy.

If fedor said he was lethal and one of the most dangerous guys in the world I would believe him.

Vladimir is good friends with Fedor, they see each other about twice a year.

I've seen the pictures of them together in his office, so save it,

And since when is an MMA fighter the ultimate danger in the world? you idiot, do you realize how many trained killers there are in special forces units around the world ??!?

you really are lost.

spinnis

« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2008, 05:37:05 PM »
I remember in school when this female jujistu (not bjj lol) came and trained our class in self defence, and one segment was how a girl should defend herself while being grabbed from behind before rape etc.

Anyway she shoved us this wrist after someone his holding you around you waist you grab their wrist turn a bit and they go down.

I said there is no way in hell if a 200 pound guy walks up to a 100 pound girl, grabs her around the waist that the girl could to that.

So I asked her to prove it  ;D  Anyway I took me female friend in the class after they have learned it, grabben her around the waist and said try what you just learned.
She could get my hands loose at all. OFCOURSE I already knew this.

The techer said thats because she hadnt practised it, So I asked if I could try it on her then...
She declined and said she is here to teach not so show us...

I hope you understand my spelling lol

::)

spinnis

« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2008, 05:38:02 PM »
Oh come on dude, now you're just talking bullshit, obviously from a certain distance no one has a chance against a weapon like a gun. The minimum disarmament distance for a gun I believe is 9 feet (distance at which you can reach the gun before the guy puts enough pressure on the trigger to fire)

BULLSHIT haha.

are you telling me you can stand 9 fucking feet away from me, with me aiming a gun at your chest and you will be able to grab it before I shot you? haha

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2008, 05:40:42 PM »
I remember in school when this female jujistu (not bjj lol) came and trained our class in self defence, and one segment was how a girl should defend herself while being grabbed from behind before rape etc.

Anyway she shoved us this wrist after someone his holding you around you waist you grab their wrist turn a bit and they go down.

I said there is no way in hell if a 200 pound guy walks up to a 100 pound girl, grabs her around the waist that the girl could to that.

So I asked her to prove it  ;D  Anyway I took me female friend in the class after they have learned it, grabben her around the waist and said try what you just learned.
She could get my hands loose at all. OFCOURSE I already knew this.

The techer said thats because she hadnt practised it, So I asked if I could try it on her then...
She declined and said she is here to teach not so show us...

I hope you understand my spelling lol

::)

I think we're talking about different things here dude, Systema is not self defense, it's not some bullshit class females take so they don't get raped, this is a system designed by the KGB for Russian Special Forces to be used in life or death situations, to kill and disarm multiple oppoents while maintaining economy of motion (using least energy possible)   MMA is sport fighting, at no time is your life realistically in danger, the referee is there to ensure that and there are no fatal strikes that kill you on the spot.

spinnis

« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2008, 05:40:47 PM »
Is this guy by any chance your trainer?

spinnis

« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »
I think we're talking about different things here dude, Systema is not self defense, it's not some bullshit class females take so they don't get raped, this is a system designed by the KGB for Russian Special Forces to be used in life or death situations, to kill and disarm multiple oppoents while maintaining economy of motion (using least energy possible)   MMA is sport fighting, at no time is your life realistically in danger, the referee is there to ensure that and there are no fatal strikes that kill you on the spot.

I understand, just dont say he is a killing machine.
I doubt he could "kill" a charging brock lesnar in 10 sec. even with all his fancy moves combined.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2008, 05:43:58 PM »
Is this guy by any chance your trainer?

lmao

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2008, 05:46:40 PM »
I understand, just dont say he is a killing machine.
I doubt he could "kill" a charging brock lesnar in 10 sec. even with all his fancy moves combined.

You really are clueless dude, have you ever seen or known any guys in Special Forces? most guys on the U.S seal teams are under 6"0 and 180lbs.  yet I'm sure you would crush them in a hand to hand fight?
they're that way for a reason, so they blend in on missions and so they can get into tight locations
muscle in the real world is not a deciding factor, 180lb. Anderson Silva would absolutely annihilate any bodybuilder you could name, just like most elite special forces guys would destroy/kill any mma fighter out there because that's what they're trained to do.

damn, I can't decide if you're just that thick or if you're fucking with me, cause I didn't think anyone on this board was THAT  retarded.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2008, 05:49:56 PM »
Are you saying while smashing a bottle over somebodys head their attempt to wrist control wouldnt go so well "SS" ?
That or my black jack :D............My main worry is the guys that know pressure points ::)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2008, 05:53:01 PM »
Practicing sinawali, cob/cob, hubud lubud ligot does not a fighter make.  And if you don't think BJ would fight Wand, you don't know BJ.  A young Relson would have destroyed Professor V, much less David James.  And don't get me started on Krav Magda.  I have SEEN Relson fight on the streets, and let me tell you, he wasn't pulling guard.  

Professor Vee is dead.  And David James is going on 50+ years you fuckstick.  But I'd love for Relson these days to step up to James.  David James is black belted in bjj.  My instructor Shihan John Petrone has grappled with the gracie brothers.  The Gracie brothers are very impressied with VAJ.  Just ask them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2008, 05:56:02 PM »
You really are clueless dude, have you ever seen or known any guys in Special Forces? most guys on the U.S seal teams are under 6"0 and 180lbs.  yet I'm sure you would crush them in a hand to hand fight?
they're that way for a reason, so they blend in on missions and so they can get into tight locations
muscle in the real world is not a deciding factor, 180lb. Anderson Silva would absolutely annihilate any bodybuilder you could name, just like most elite special forces guys would destroy/kill any mma fighter out there because that's what they're trained to do.

damn, I can't decide if you're just that thick or if you're fucking with me, cause I didn't think anyone on this board was THAT  retarded.

Uh, yeah.... ::)

Seen many a special forces guys get tapped, knocked on their asses, just plain dominated.  Lots of SEALS, Rangers, MEUSOC guys here in Hawaii, all are very respectful, and all of them would agree that any pro (BB, competing striker) would tear them up.  FranK Cucci got tore up by Egan Inoue, and he was a member of Seal Team 6.  Give him a Sig 226, MP5, M4 and it's another story.  Both guys are black belts in BJJ, but one is a pro, and one isn't.  Brock is an animal who would double someone, and slam them to their deaths in the street.  

spinnis

« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2008, 05:56:22 PM »

you are correct about everything Except. Your expert wouldnt be able to do SHIT against lesnar is he wanted to take him down.
It would look like the begining of the Mir fight. ON the floor within 2 sec.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #217 on: December 29, 2008, 05:57:21 PM »
It would be cool to watch Lesnar curb a foolio.

spinnis

« Reply #218 on: December 29, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
It would be cool to watch Lesnar curb a foolio.

It would be cool to see lesnar smother these self proclaimed KILLING MACHINES.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #219 on: December 29, 2008, 05:58:43 PM »
you are correct about everything Except. Your expert wouldnt be able to do SHIT against lesnar is he wanted to take him down.
It would look like the begining of the Mir fight. ON the floor within 2 sec.

Lesnar trains with Greg Nelson, Erik Paulson who are better in Kali than David James, and is a better stand up fighters than Vladimar Vasilev.  Lesnar is a different animal.  Big, athletic, and skilled.  Very dangerous for anyone, in the cage or street.  

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #220 on: December 29, 2008, 05:59:32 PM »
( :D)

Great post ;D

But i think you have the wrong board

spinnis

« Reply #221 on: December 29, 2008, 06:00:03 PM »
Lesnar trains with Greg Nelson, Erik Paulson who are better in Kali than David James, and is a better stand up fighters than Vladimar Vasilev.  Lesnar is a different animal.  Big, athletic, and skilled.  Very dangerous for anyone, in the cage or street.  

if you stood 5 feet from lesnar, it doesnt fucking matter how much hand skill you have, if he wants to, he could take your ass down in a second.

This Cap EQ doesnt understand.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: December 29, 2008, 06:01:08 PM »
if you stood 5 feet from lesnar, it doesnt fucking matter how much hand skill you have, if he wants to, he could take your ass down in a second.

This Cap EQ doesnt understand.

The thing with Lesnar is that he also runs fucking fast, so he could probably get a hold of most people if they tried to run away  :o

spinnis

« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2008, 06:01:23 PM »
That or my black jack :D............My main worry is the guys that know pressure points ::)

Are you telling me that while you were stomping this trained killing machine in the head his attempt to find pressure points in your legs wouldt go so well?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2008, 06:01:53 PM »
Uh, yeah.... ::)

Seen many a special forces guys get tapped, knocked on their asses, just plain dominated.  Lots of SEALS, Rangers, MEUSOC guys here in Hawaii, all are very respectful, and all of them would agree that any pro (BB, competing striker) would tear them up.  FranK Cucci got tore up by Egan Inoue, and he was a member of Seal Team 6.  Give him a Sig 226, MP5, M4 and it's another story.  Both guys are black belts in BJJ, but one is a pro, and one isn't.  Brock is an animal who would double someone, and slam them to their deaths in the street.  

right see Mark Kerr vs Greg Stott lol UFC 15