Author Topic: do you think a normal guy could beat an mma fighter in a street fight  (Read 44400 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: do you think a normal guy could beat an mma fighter in a street fight
« Reply #275 on: December 29, 2008, 07:17:27 PM »
We're here to help.

Debussey = reaching out.

Debussey = a nice guy.

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #276 on: December 29, 2008, 07:19:17 PM »
getbig= help for those who can't afford professional help ;D

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: December 29, 2008, 07:20:37 PM »
Today, Debussey = DongDoctor.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: December 29, 2008, 07:26:00 PM »
*edit

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #280 on: December 29, 2008, 07:29:18 PM »

Debussey = a nice guy.

But in a sexy way.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #281 on: December 29, 2008, 07:31:02 PM »
Dude, are you fucked ?!?!? V.V is a fucking ex special forces team leader/instructor he is not a fucking MMA fighter, has no interest in MMA and does not compete, to be more literal he has no practical stand up, except strikes meant to subdue, kill or cut off your breathing and equilibrium. What the fuck are you talking about ?!!?!

Honestly, you have MMA's head so far up your ass it's not even funny, like I was trying to illustrate before, there is a difference between fighting for sport/points and fighting for survival to the death with multiple opponents.

Oh and ROFL at how you all suck Brock Lesnar's dick, the guy's been doing MMA for 2 years and in your eyes he could kill anyone in the world... LOL, next week he's going to better then Fedor just because he's Brock and he's big!!!  LOLOLOL

First off, I am not a Lesnar fan by any means.  But if you think that physical attributes has no bearing in ones ability to fight, you are clueless.  (I suspect you are).  And for the record, Fedor would TOOL Lesnar.

Secondly, stop jockriding on someone who really doesn't care whether you defend him or not.  I have attended a few Vladimir seminars, I will admit, and for a time, I was the flavor of the month JKDC guy.  I wanted to be just like Guro Inosanto and experience all that there was to offer.  I found out a couple of things, my time and money were limited, and when I'd go back into my kickboxing gym, or Relson's academy, I couldn't pull off anything I learned from the latest TRS posterboy.  What allows certain type of combat sports to be effective is that they practice in a "live" setting wherein both participants try equally as hard to defeat the other. 

Leaving a jab exposed so one can do a small joint manipulation doesn't occur in "real time."  And although if you gave Vladimar a Krinkov and a Makerov, he'd be a world beater, I AM POSITIVE he would admit to you that he wouldn't be able to beat the best Sambo, Judoka, BJJer, MT, boxer in a physical atlercation wherein both participants were fully aware that they were fighting.  Frank Cucci, a Pedro Sauer Black Belt in BJJ fought for a time in NHB (the real fight sport, little rules, no gloves, no time limits).  This guy was a TEN YEAR MEMBER of SEAL TEAM 6, the most highly decorated and accomplished operators in Seal Team.  And guess what?  He wasn't undefeated in NHB.  Imagine that? 

Here's a suggestion.  Go down to the nearest BJJ/Judo/kickboxing/muay thai gym, and ask to spar with some of the up and comers.  See if your stuff works.  One of two things will happen.  After you tap, get knocked down, knocked out, scream like a girl, you will come back, respectfully strap on a white belt, or don your gear and train like everyone else.  When you pound, mash, crush your partners in practice, the last thing you want to do when you leave the academy is fight.  You know what you are capable of, and don't want to spend the night in jail, or get sued.  I have "quit" training soooo many martial arts, I've lost count.  In the end, we can only do one of five things.  Kick, punch, clinch, grapple or fight with weapons.  Training will encompass those ranges of combat.  If training isn't done in an "alive" respect, you are wasting your money.

Well, I gotta go.  I need to show a bunch of 20 sumptins that someone who competes in the director category still has game.  I WILL TAP tonight, and I will tap others.  No room for egos at the academy.  That is all. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: December 29, 2008, 07:36:31 PM »
*edit

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #283 on: December 29, 2008, 07:39:09 PM »
Fock!, ABD really knows his shit..........why isn't he a mod on the MMA board ???

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2008, 07:34:29 AM »
*edit*

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2008, 07:41:09 AM »
haha what the hell happened to this thread? why is that moron "swede" melting down all over the place and editing his posts?  ;D
Z

spinnis

« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2008, 07:42:19 AM »
haha what the hell happened to this thread? why is that moron "swede" melting down all over the place and editing his posts?  ;D

melting aint the right word for it wheelchair man  ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2008, 07:43:23 AM »
melting aint the right word for it wheelchair man  ;D

so what happened?
Z

spinnis

« Reply #288 on: December 30, 2008, 07:45:55 AM »
so what happened?

I didnt want to share what I wrote with everybody :)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2008, 07:46:58 AM »
I didnt want to share what I wrote with everybody :)

thats a meltdown right there
Z

spinnis

« Reply #290 on: December 30, 2008, 07:49:34 AM »
thats a meltdown right there

nope =)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2008, 07:51:40 AM »
nope =)

you dont think thats losing your cool? to go back and edit 100 posts and be upset and angry?

Z

spinnis

« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2008, 08:09:53 AM »
you dont think thats losing your cool? to go back and edit 100 posts and be upset and angry?

I wasnt upset, I just regretted what I shared with everyoen except debussyboo

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2008, 08:17:41 AM »
I wasnt upset, I just regretted what I shared with everyoen except debussyboo

It's ok man. You're not the only retarded/autistic person on Getdumb.  :D

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2008, 08:18:22 AM »
Lesnar trains with Greg Nelson, Erik Paulson who are better in Kali than David James, and is a better stand up fighters than Vladimar Vasilev.  Lesnar is a different animal.  Big, athletic, and skilled.  Very dangerous for anyone, in the cage or street.  

Like I said before Shihan John Petrone has grappled with the Gracie's and has competed in Vale Tudo.  If you know the Gracie's so well ask them about VAJ and David James.  David James is one of the top 10 martial arts and self defense practioners in the world.  You'll NEVER hear anyone call him or his system bullshit.  He may not be a figher in the MMA sense but he's one #### I'd never want to meet in a dark alley.  Shihan Jonn Petrone will put his system up against anyone's and has.  Brock Lesnar would literally be killed by either James or Petrone before he could swing his arm.    

spinnis

« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2008, 08:19:45 AM »

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2008, 08:32:03 AM »
 Like I said before Shihan John Petrone has grappled with the Gracie's and has competed in Vale Tudo.  If you know the Gracie's so well ask them about VAJ and David James.  David James is one of the top 10 martial arts and self defense practioners in the world.  You'll NEVER hear anyone call him or his system bullshit.  He may not be a figher in the MMA sense but he's one #### I'd never want to meet in a dark alley.  Shihan Jonn Petrone will put his system up against anyone's and has.  Brock Lesnar would literally be killed by either James or Petrone before he could swing his arm.    

::)
Z

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »

OKAY?   ???

I actually had the pleasure of training with Professor V before his death.  I know about VAJ.  Most of the Jiujitsu was small joint manipulations that Professor V learned from Wally Jay, and I know that ain't going to work against a resisting opponent. 

To think that a non professional would beat a professional at ANYTHING , is ludicrous.  I threw for 6 touchdowns in my family flag football game.  I wonder if I'd be a better QB than Payton Manning (mispelled on purpose)?  The physicality in my family flag football game allows us to use techniques that are TOO DANGEROUS for the NFL, and we don't use any protective padding.  Surely I am in line for a 20 million dollar a year contract.  I also play pickup basketball here and there, surely with the physical nature of playground ball, I'd take Steve Nash in the post and dominate him....Repeat ad nauseum. 

I was a TMAer, Rorion, Royce, Relson visited our Wing Chun kwoon, took everyone down, submitted everyone using only light slaps before administering the finishing mata leao.  What if they tried to hit us like we tried?  None of them pulled "guard."  To add insult to what already is a beating, my coach did a group of seminars for a "Jack of all trades" TMA that is a STREET system, highly effective, to barbaric for the ring or cage.  We brought along one purple, three blues and two white belts.  The black belts in said system would not roll with my coach (2007 No Gi Mundial champ, and 2008 No Gi runner up), they wouldn't roll with the purple or blues.  Only with the two white belts.  Guess what, even allowing them to punch the nuts, and do all of their "deadly" techniques, all of them were knocked down, taken down, punched in the face (at which point they rolled over).  None of the brachial nerve "guntings" slowed down our white belts (we didn't tell them that they are semi pro kickboxers who train with us for their ground game).  They got beat on their feet, clinch and on the ground.  The Grandmastah later went on to tell his students in front of my coach, that if they ever got into a street fight with a BJJ player, they should tap, then when released, continue the fight in earnest.  My coach asked, what if they don't go for the sub and just pound you, and he kept on repeating that they will release the hold because they are used to doing it in practice.  And again my coach opined, what if they don't administer a sub, but instead just beat down your student.  Then he retorted, "sue em." 

BTW, I doubt David James would dojo storm Renzo's, Almeida's or Serra's for that matter.  And Brock, puhlease.... ::)

If you want better Kali, find a Pekiti Tirisa instructor or a Sayoc instructor.  In the PI, they train with real blades.  When one guy gets cut, training is over. 

I have had the good fortune to have trained with Ben Villorbio, Leo Gaje(actual combat experience, killed men using his kali), Chris Ricketts (his master, Tatang Illustrisimo has killed over 100 men, like Leo Gaje, fought in the liberation of the PI), Cacoy Canete, the late Punong Guro Edgar Sulite, Dan Inosanto, Richard Bustillo.  So I am not so impressed by some youtube videos.  I am sure you couldn't tell me the difference between and eight count or twelve count sumbrada.  I am sure you have no clue between the difference of pananjakman and panantukan.  So please spare me your lectures on how deadly GM David James is. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2008, 01:05:07 PM »
OKAY?   ???

I actually had the pleasure of training with Professor V before his death.  I know about VAJ.  Most of the Jiujitsu was small joint manipulations that Professor V learned from Wally Jay, and I know that ain't going to work against a resisting opponent. 

To think that a non professional would beat a professional at ANYTHING , is ludicrous.  I threw for 6 touchdowns in my family flag football game.  I wonder if I'd be a better QB than Payton Manning (mispelled on purpose)?  The physicality in my family flag football game allows us to use techniques that are TOO DANGEROUS for the NFL, and we don't use any protective padding.  Surely I am in line for a 20 million dollar a year contract.  I also play pickup basketball here and there, surely with the physical nature of playground ball, I'd take Steve Nash in the post and dominate him....Repeat ad nauseum. 

I was a TMAer, Rorion, Royce, Relson visited our Wing Chun kwoon, took everyone down, submitted everyone using only light slaps before administering the finishing mata leao.  What if they tried to hit us like we tried?  None of them pulled "guard."  To add insult to what already is a beating, my coach did a group of seminars for a "Jack of all trades" TMA that is a STREET system, highly effective, to barbaric for the ring or cage.  We brought along one purple, three blues and two white belts.  The black belts in said system would not roll with my coach (2007 No Gi Mundial champ, and 2008 No Gi runner up), they wouldn't roll with the purple or blues.  Only with the two white belts.  Guess what, even allowing them to punch the nuts, and do all of their "deadly" techniques, all of them were knocked down, taken down, punched in the face (at which point they rolled over).  None of the brachial nerve "guntings" slowed down our white belts (we didn't tell them that they are semi pro kickboxers who train with us for their ground game).  They got beat on their feet, clinch and on the ground.  The Grandmastah later went on to tell his students in front of my coach, that if they ever got into a street fight with a BJJ player, they should tap, then when released, continue the fight in earnest.  My coach asked, what if they don't go for the sub and just pound you, and he kept on repeating that they will release the hold because they are used to doing it in practice.  And again my coach opined, what if they don't administer a sub, but instead just beat down your student.  Then he retorted, "sue em." 

BTW, I doubt David James would dojo storm Renzo's, Almeida's or Serra's for that matter.  And Brock, puhlease.... ::)

Dude Professor V is not David James.  Quit brining his ass up.  I agree about Professor V.  But those who can't teach.  David James is the one responsible for turning VAJ into the sensible, practical and very effective street self defense system it is today. 
Hahah I thought I remember you running your mouth in another thread.  I totally forgot you were a kung fu guy!  HAHAHAAHAHAH!  What a worthless fucking system for fighting or self defense for that matter.  I'd love for you to ask Phillip Redmond what he thinks of VAJ and David James.  Lke I said.....ask around.  Aks the Gracies about Shihan John Petrone.  That is if you are so well connected as you pretend to be. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2008, 01:11:38 PM »
&feature=related

Or

Which is more realistic.