Author Topic: The american society and african-americans  (Read 10077 times)

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
Re: The american society and african-americans
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2009, 09:43:26 PM »
Sorry. He was a better studio guy (and ya, he was amazing!) than entertainer.....Jimi still rules!  :)

/and ya, i have both those cds/records...but he was at different point in his life at that point, as you know >:(

People Get Ready.  All Jeff Beck riffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbUF4_4ykqI
Oh...Monica!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2009, 10:13:38 PM »

You, sir are a fucking retard

You, maam are no Sir!!!

portwine

• Getbig II
  • beans, baby, beans
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2009, 10:34:50 PM »
my farts smell like thai food.
milk milk lemonade a

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2009, 10:47:43 PM »
Why to then immigrants coming here in poverty worse than blacks do well within a generation while blacks can't despite preferential treatment and quotas? 

Because the Africans came from a tribal society.

Not only did the Europeans come from countries with much more developed technology.

But these societies were also much more developed, generally.

Africans didn't have a civil tradition, didn't have social organisations, networks, et al.

It was all tribal.

Putnam's study in Italy showed how important developed social networks in a society are.

South Italy is much less democratic than north Italy. Lower participation in elections et al.

The difference, concluded Putnam, was that in the north there had been a lot of networks for several hundred years, eg church choirs, sport clubs and what not. In the south - not so much.

I would bet anything that African-Americans are less involved in social networks than other ethnicities in general.

As empty as paradise

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2009, 10:55:40 PM »

Not only did the Europeans come from countries with much more developed technology.

Africans didn't have a civil tradition, didn't have social organisations, networks, et al.

It was all tribal.

Putnam's study in Italy showed how important developed social networks in a society are.

South Italy is much less democratic than north Italy. Lower participation in elections et al.

The difference, concluded Putnam, was that in the north there had been a lot of networks for several hundred years, eg church choirs, sport clubs and what not. In the south - not so much.

I would bet anything that African-Americans are less involved in social networks than other ethnicities in general.

Its interesting that the "white man" destroyed almost all of the Mayan culture and artifacts because they seen them as useless and devil worshipers...When now we know that is very false...

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2009, 11:00:22 PM »

It was all tribal.

I'm going to go ahead and challenge that.  I think impoverished immigrants 1. Are often faced with a reality that is a bit more sink or swim like than your average natural born citizen, many of whom swim in an environment they find much easier than the one they came from.  2. Are treated better than blacks in society by way of no general past associations/experiences with them-people in the US don't have as strong negative associations towards them and although they might not treat them as equal members of society as they should, they don't as often make an immediate strong judgement upon them before they open their mouths-but of course it often happens, I'm talking about degrees here.  

madmax

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2009, 11:26:50 PM »

It was all tribal.

ignorant. ever heard of nubia

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2009, 02:31:49 AM »

It was all tribal.

and you are a mod.   now...i know this site is in trouble.  double chin needs to get rid of you...imbecile. 
Oh...Monica!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2009, 06:54:58 AM »

Actually, IMO that's some of the worst Beck you'll hear. All Ego.  a Massive, distorted solo overwhelminig a gentle ballad

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2009, 08:53:05 AM »
  That's like walking up to a lifetime raging alcoholic or drug addict and telling him to pull himself up by his bootstraps, to get in control of his life, and then walking away.  African Americans in the slums or just rough communities are in a longwithstanding downward spiral that's going to take more than just 'manning up' to get out of-they've been pushed down by whites up until today and will continue to be so tomorrow.  Having said that, blaming people of today for crimes of the past by people of yesteryear is wrong and shouldn't be brought into the picture.  That's the reality though and their current situation is a reflection of that reality.  Giving them more oppurtunities based on their skin color isn't right but continuing to treat them poorly because of the situation they are in right now, which is a situation that stems from worse than awful treatment in the not so distant past(plenty of black parents out there who were actually in their 20s when they got the right sit with whites and eat in the same room and vote..etc) or treat them with the callous 'get up and do something' attitude isn't going to work.  You have to do what works and that is empowering people via kind and fair treatment.

It's Official, Swedish Viking has a Vagina

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2009, 09:24:27 AM »

Just pulled out my Truth and beck-ola cd. Damn, it sounds good. Jeff Beck, Rod Stewart, Ron Wood and Nicky Hopkins stand out. Now that is an all-star line-up!!  :o

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2009, 09:25:56 AM »
Matt C brought up some good points about the africans genes being part of the reasons for their collective failure.

Things like smaller brains ect.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2009, 09:37:30 AM »
Matt C brought up some good points about the africans genes being part of the reasons for their collective failure.

Things like smaller brains ect.
And. away. We. Go!  ;D

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2009, 09:41:01 AM »
And. away. We. Go!  ;D

;D

Hey asshole, don't ruin the potential drama and hurt feelings  >:(

Were you sitting around with a stop watch? ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2009, 09:50:50 AM »

;D

Hey asshole, don't ruin the potential drama and hurt feelings  >:(

Were you sitting around with a stop watch? ;D
LOL. It's all yours, bro. A debate on race without Der Fuhrer, MattZi, is like a day without sunshine.  ;D

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2009, 09:55:50 AM »
LOL. It's all yours, bro. A debate on race without Der Fuhrer, MattZi, is like a day without sunshine.  ;D

Dammit. We need both 130IQ MattCock AND Wooten around again. They have the right data, the right opinions and the intelligence to piss everyone off in the process.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »

Dammit. We need both 130IQ MattCock AND Wooten around again. They have the right data, the right opinions and the intelligence to piss everyone off in the process.

How smart is MattC really? He touts himself as a genius yet he was too stupid to realize that Ron would surely shitcan him for posting that pic. He also lives in what appears to be poverty and drives an 18 year old car. I'll admit he's smart enough to use google fairly well, though.

/Devil's Advocate

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »
How smart is MattC really? He touts himself as a genius yet he was too stupid to realize that Ron would surely shitcan him for posting that pic. He also lives in what appears to be poverty and drives an 18 year old car. I'll admit he's smart enough to use google fairly well, though.

/Devil's Advocate

His IQ = between 130 and 135 in recent tests. As a 17 year old he had 127 on a test. His average on tests since 17 = 130 (he has taken about 10 tests since then). Over 2,5x as smart as Debussey.

Addition to post: He lives in Thunder bay because he likes it there, and because it = cheap which enables him to accumulate money. He had opportunities to go to many major universities on scholarships after high school.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2009, 10:01:54 AM »

/Devil's Advocate
LOL. Mattzi was smart no doubt, but not really 'wise,' if you know what I mean. Guy could just never see the trees for the forest. Oh, and he just could not laugh at himself.  :-\

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2009, 10:03:25 AM »
LOL. Mattzi was smart no doubt, but not really 'wise,' if you know what I mean. Guy could just never see the trees for the forest. Oh, and he just could not laugh at himself.  :-\

ROFL, sorry MAZI if you = reading this, but Debussey was thinking the EXACT same thing about the smart vs. wise thing ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2009, 10:04:11 AM »
Book smart but street stupid. Common affliction for many people.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2009, 10:05:09 AM »

It was all tribal.

I'm not talking about European immigrants, but ones from south and east asia. These immigrant groups are very successful and come from very little.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2009, 10:05:34 AM »
Book smart but street stupid. Common affliction for many people.

In his defence, he has made a good deal of money on his own website. More than what most people that tries to earn anything online ever earn.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2009, 10:07:15 AM »
In his defence, he has made a good deal of money on his own website. More than what most people that tries to earn anything online ever earn.
Hey, I wonder if Mattzi ever got his compound up and running? Double-perimeter, I kept telling him. Double-perimeter.  ;D

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2009, 10:17:29 AM »
Hey, I wonder if Mattzi ever got his compound up and running? Double-perimeter, I kept telling him. Double-perimeter.  ;D

Compound?