Author Topic: Q for ONLYME -- Neck training, Barbarians  (Read 4574 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Q for ONLYME -- Neck training, Barbarians
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »
dAVID HAS CURLED 315 AND THAT DUMBBELL WAS ACTUALY 200 LBS OR 180LBS
come on man, no offense but their feats were impressive enough on their own without having to exaggerate them.

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2009, 06:05:21 PM »
come on man, no offense but their feats were impressive enough on their own without having to exaggerate them.
ACTUALLY VERY TRUE,,,IVE FOLLOWED THIS MANS CAREER FOR OVER 25 YEARS NOW,,AND YES HE CURLED 315 AND YEP IT WAS EITHER 180 OR 200,CANT REMEMBER WHAT HE SAID,I HAVE AN OLD PHOTO OF HIM SOMEWHERE CURLING 280....PETER ACTUALLY CURLED 170'S ONCE BEFORE BUT FELT HIS ARM BEING RIPPED APART,LOL

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2009, 06:07:20 PM »

Dodger- 180 or 200? Sounds a little out there... The best I've heard was Peter doing 10x160 on the DB cheat curls.
YES 180 OR 200 FOR DBELL..1 ARM ROWS,,,IVE SEEN MANY OTHER GUYS DO THIS TOO,JUST NOT FOR 50 REPS,MAYBE 15

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2009, 06:08:33 PM »
YES 180 OR 200 FOR DBELL..1 ARM ROWS,,,IVE SEEN MANY OTHER GUYS DO THIS TOO,JUST NOT FOR 50 REPS,MAYBE 15
oh ok for 1 arm rows i believe it but no way for curls.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2009, 06:09:13 PM »
TommyW, can you say something about HOW to train neck?

Will using a harness alone give me the results?

IMO... using a harness alone can give you a huge muscular neck, BUT with a machine or two, you can take your neck development to absurd levels.

My original/1st harness workouts:

1) Standing neck raises 5 x 20. Place your hands against a wall and keep your feet approx 4 feet from the wall (as if you're being searched by a cop).
2) Reverse neck raises 5 x 20. For this movement you MUST be able to lean backwards at approx a 25-30 degree angle. You will have to hold a rope or a bar that is attached to the wall so you are not pulled over backwards. Awkward at first, I know.
3) Flat bench neck pump reps 5 x 50, slow and controlled. Lay flat on a bench with your head hanging completely over the edge of the bench and simply do neck raise reps, slow and controlled. Then flip over so you are facing the ground and do reverse neck raises, slow and controlled. This is a very short ROM movement but it helps with the pump.
4) Giant set those 4 movements.

With that harness routine, my neck was 20 - 20 1/4' at a bodyweight of 220. Later with machines, more weight, anabolics and an evil plan to have the biggest neck in the world, my neck taped at 22 5/8" at a bodyweight of 272.  ;D True story.
a

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 06:10:51 PM »
oh ok for 1 arm rows i believe it but no way for curls.
YES FOR ROWS NOT CURLS,,,BUT PETER DID THE 170'S ONCE FOR STANDING CURLS BUT FELT SERIOUS INJURIES COMING

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2009, 06:13:26 PM »
dodger where/how do you know these guys?

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2009, 06:14:22 PM »
Dodger if you have pics of their training please upload them -- not that many around, unfortunately.

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2009, 06:14:34 PM »
IMO... using a harness alone can give you a huge muscular neck, BUT with a machine or two, you can take your neck development to absurd levels.

My original/1st harness workouts:

1) Standing neck raises 5 x 20. Place your hands against a wall and keep your feet approx 4 feet from the wall (as if you if being searched by a cop).
2) Reverse neck raises 5 x 20. For this movement you MUST be able to lean backwards at approx a 25-30 degree angle. You will have to hold a rope or a bar that that is attached to the wall so you are not pulled over backwards. Awkward at first, I know.
3) Flat bench neck pump reps 5 x 50, slow and controlled. Lay flat on a bench with your head hanging completely over the edge of the bench and simply do neck raise reps, slow and controlled. Then flip over so you are facing the ground and do reverse neck raises, slow and controlled. this is a very short ROM movement but it helps with the pump.
4) Giant set those 4 movements.

I DONT KNOW IF YOU HAVE EVER DONE THE LAYING DOWN ON FLAT BENCH AND JUST GRABBING THE 45LB PLATE AND HOLDING AGAINST YOUR FOREHEAD AND DOING THEM THAT WAY TOO,,WORKS REALLY WELL ALSO,BUT YOUVE PROBABLY DONE THAT TO.YEA I REMEMBER PETER SAYING THAT THEY WOULD DO A LOT OF DROP SETS AND LIGHT WEIGHT ALSO.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2009, 06:16:50 PM »
I DONT KNOW IF YOU HAVE EVER DONE THE LAYING DOWN ON FLAT BENCH AND JUST GRABBING THE 45LB PLATE AND HOLDING AGAINST YOUR FOREHEAD AND DOING THEM THAT WAY TOO,,WORKS REALLY WELL ALSO,BUT YOUVE PROBABLY DONE THAT TO.YEA I REMEMBER PETER SAYING THAT THEY WOULD DO A LOT OF DROP SETS AND LIGHT WEIGHT ALSO.

Absolutely. An excellent movement. Of course a nice pad or folded towel helps keep the plate(s) from creasing your forehead.  :D
a

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
Dodger if you have pics of their training please upload them -- not that many around, unfortunately.
A LOT OF ONES ON HERE AND WHEN I SEE ON OTHER FORUMS ARE FROM ME TOO,NOT ALL BUT LOTS,...JUST SEARCH DAVID PAUL OR BARBARIAN DAVID PAUL OR BARBARIAN BROTHERS,,THERS LOTS OF PHOTOS OF HIM NOW THAT DAVID HIMSELF PUT ON MYSPACE>>>ABSTRACT ALKALINE ALCHEMIST,,YOU DONT SEE TO MANY OF HIM BACK THEN,,,,HE HAS MOVED ON,,ALL THAT IS BEHIND HIM NOW,HES MORE ABOUT ART AND BEING LEAN

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »
Haha you are one huge ####.

:D Thanks my man. That pic is pretty old (summer of 96'?)... the 275 pound guy in it is long gone. This 191 pound runt is all that's left.
a

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2009, 06:58:26 PM »
 :D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2009, 07:02:52 PM »
Is that Peter, Andrew Bynarski and David?
a

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2009, 07:06:53 PM »
Is that Peter, Andrew Bynarski and David?

Yup

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2009, 10:34:23 PM »
onlyme why did you train your neck? i would assume youre one of those guys that always had a thick neck?

and did it improve by training in size or just strength?
I trained my neck since I was a sophmore in high school.  Heavy training came later though when I started using heavier weight.  My traps were very big and tend to blend in with my neck pretty good anyway.  It just seemed to grow.  My arms, neck and calves were all 21".  I didn't really train it for any reason but just to train it.  I would do it sometimes when I needed to rest cause I could sit down.

I just saw a video of me taken back in the mid 90's with my daughters.  I am going to get it digitized so I can post some of it.  I am in a tank top and it amazes me my neck and shoulders in it.  I veins going across my shoulders and I was huge.  I didn't even realize I was that big but that video makes me look pretty good. 

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2009, 10:37:55 PM »
when is the obsession with the barbarian brothers going to end,,,,they must have made quite an impression

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2009, 11:34:07 PM »
Wow that girl has a wide back  :o

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2009, 08:19:44 AM »
I trained my neck since I was a sophmore in high school.  Heavy training came later though when I started using heavier weight.  My traps were very big and tend to blend in with my neck pretty good anyway.  It just seemed to grow.  My arms, neck and calves were all 21".  I didn't really train it for any reason but just to train it.  I would do it sometimes when I needed to rest cause I could sit down.

I just saw a video of me taken back in the mid 90's with my daughters.  I am going to get it digitized so I can post some of it.  I am in a tank top and it amazes me my neck and shoulders in it.  I veins going across my shoulders and I was huge.  I didn't even realize I was that big but that video makes me look pretty good. 

Very, very impressive. Post the vid!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2009, 12:47:43 PM »
:D Thanks my man. That pic is pretty old (summer of 96'?)... the 275 pound guy in it is long gone. This 191 pound runt is all that's left.
you are that gayguy in the photo ?

too many orals and amphetamines ...mybe that's why you are fucked in the head nowadays .. not like you were einstein back then  ::)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2009, 12:52:03 PM »

Not into size no more?