Author Topic: teenage bodybuilding- WHY?!  (Read 5247 times)

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: teenage bodybuilding- WHY?!
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2009, 10:44:23 AM »
do you have demonstration competitions in your shithole country.  obviously you're from a 3rd world country, you pencil neck geek!

did i hit a nerve there ''bigdumbbell''?

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2009, 11:22:01 AM »
I think the bigger question is, what type of guy applies to "judge" the impressionable young men?

:-X

lifterguy

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »
Not really. This forum is faster becoming an anti-BBing forum, with the fad being to call every fan a schmoe and the countless threads and comments on how gay BBing is. No wonder it's the joke of BBing forums.

GoneAway has hit the nail on the head with this comment!

I also strongly disagree with the earlier posts regarding the make up of audiences at bodybuilding competitions.  I've been to several local shows over the past 15-20 years, and the vast majority of the audience was made up of friends and family of the competitors.  In shows where they announced winners by class through out the evening (instead of holding all awards until the end of the evening) much of the audience would getup and leave as soon as they knew the outcome for their friend or relative.  What's left of amateur competitive bodybuilding as we know it today would not exist if the competitors did not drag reluctant friends and family along to the shows.  There simply aren't enough fans (or schmoes) to pay the bill for the hall rental, trophies, etc.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2009, 01:02:35 PM »
This is pretty much becoming a schmoe forum.

WTF happened here?

you started posting here :P

E
E

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »
i think that people that compete in BB shows are nothing but attention whores, just like the people that sign up for beauty peagants, ''hey everybody, look at me,don't i look great, look at my muscles!!!!!''

Ding! Ding! Ding!  We have a winner!  :D

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2009, 01:26:44 PM »
GoneAway has hit the nail on the head with this comment!

I also strongly disagree with the earlier posts regarding the make up of audiences at bodybuilding competitions.  I've been to several local shows over the past 15-20 years, and the vast majority of the audience was made up of friends and family of the competitors.  In shows where they announced winners by class through out the evening (instead of holding all awards until the end of the evening) much of the audience would getup and leave as soon as they knew the outcome for their friend or relative.  What's left of amateur competitive bodybuilding as we know it today would not exist if the competitors did not drag reluctant friends and family along to the shows.  There simply aren't enough fans (or schmoes) to pay the bill for the hall rental, trophies, etc.

yep, ive found that to be the case this side of the pond also....

in terms of teenage bodybuilding, most of todays top pro's or more like all top pro's started out young, if u look half decent why not make somthing of it?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2009, 01:28:25 PM »
if u look half decent why not make somthing of it?

make what?

lifterguy

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2009, 01:36:23 PM »
i think that people that compete in BB shows are nothing but attention whores, just like the people that sign up for beauty peagants, ''hey everybody, look at me,don't i look great, look at my muscles!!!!!''

And how does that make people who compete in bodybuilding different from people who participate in other sports and hobbies.  You think the guys who play football or run track don't want the adulation and attention they get from being successful in their sports?  (And the fact is that they're more likely to be praised and less likely to be ridiculed than the bodybuilder.)  Does the guy who spends years restoring a classic car hide it in a garage because he doesn't want anyone to think he's "showing off" by driving it around?  Bodybuilding gets treated differently because humankind has always been hung-up on whether its acceptable to proud of the way of the way one looks and to show it off.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »
And how does that make people who compete in bodybuilding different from people who participate in other sports and hobbies.  You think the guys who play football or run track don't want the adulation and attention they get from being successful in their sports?  (And the fact is that they're more likely to be praised and less likely to be ridiculed than the bodybuilder.)  Does the guy who spends years restoring a classic car hide it in a garage because he doesn't want anyone to think he's "showing off" by driving it around?  Bodybuilding gets treated differently because humankind has always been hung-up on whether its acceptable to proud of the way of the way one looks and to show it off.

lifterguy

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2009, 01:50:56 PM »
Whoops!
Forgot the basic rule here.  Thoughtful and or serious answers are never welcome.  Must always stick to juvenile name calling.

Got it!   :-\

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »
Traditionally a good physique was the byproduct of some legitimate physical activity such as working on a farm or factory, swimming, or running.  The fact that one had a good physique was incidental.  This is very different from bodybuilding where the whole point of what you are doing is to show off your physique.  And lets face it, the point is to show it off to other men.  This is an activity for the insecure, the vainglorious, and gays.

I always laugh when I hear about bodybuilders who are homophobic.  Who do they think they are posing and flexing for?  Who comes to see them in shows, buys their photos, videos, etc?  Who writes all those muscle magazine articles, takes all the photos, does the hair and make up for the photo spreads?  This entire industry is run by and patronized by schmoes.  Even Dorian Yates owned up to that.  For better or worse, that “Teen Finals” cartoon sums it all up.

How creepy would it look if all three of the bodybuilders in this pic were 16-21 years old. :-[

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
let?all_comments&v=VtFMKpqOA2k&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DVtFMKpqOA2k

Check out the comments. :-X

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2009, 03:36:11 PM »
let?all_comments&v=VtFMKpqOA2k&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DVtFMKpqOA2k

Check out the comments. :-X

the phrase "that made my stomach turn" is ,many times, used as a figure of speech

however, those coments and the fact that that vid got 10,000 comments in a month LITTERALLY made my stomach turn

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »
did i hit a nerve there ''bigdumbbell''?
dont flatter yourself pauper

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »
Traditionally a good physique was the byproduct of some legitimate physical activity such as working on a farm or factory, swimming, or running.  The fact that one had a good physique was incidental.  This is very different from bodybuilding there the whole point of what you are doing is to show off your physique.  And lets face it, the point is to show it off to other men.  This is an activity for the insecure, the vainglorious, and gays.

I always laugh when I hear about bodybuilders who are homophobic.  Who do they think they are posing and flexing for?  Who comes to see them in shows, buys their photos, videos, etc?  Who writes all those muscle magazine articles, takes all the photos, does the hair and make up for the photo spreads?  This entire industry is run by and patronized by schmoes.  Even Dorian Yates owned up to that.  For better or worse, that “Teen Finals” cartoon sums it all up.

How creepy would it look if all three of the bodybuilders in this pic were 16-21 years old. :-[

Probably the same as three teens standing in front of Joe Paterno, getting evaluated for a scholarship...

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2009, 04:51:06 PM »
Probably the same as three teens standing in front of Joe Paterno, getting evaluated for a scholarship...

with all due respect bob but NO

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2009, 04:52:13 PM »
at the nfl combine all prospects are stripped down to their underwear to be evaluated

it's gay if you want it to be gay ;)

E
E

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2009, 05:15:31 PM »
Bodybuilding gets treated differently because humankind has always been hung-up on whether its acceptable to proud of the way of the way one looks and to show it off.

That's part of the reason. It's simply that the general public - and even most on this forum - don't understand the reason to get up on stage and compete to see who has the best body. They just don't get it. It's strange to them, that grown men would get up there in their swimming costume and make these silly poses. If they don't have a football or tennis racket in their hand, then it mustn't be a sport. If they're grown men with baby oil on them, then they must be gay and it must be a homosexual activity.

The reasons are endless as to why it's not accepted anymore. The general public will never understand how judging a body can ever be a serious sport. It speaks more of the general public than it does for BBers.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2009, 05:34:25 PM »
That's part of the reason. It's simply that the general public - and even most on this forum - don't understand the reason to get up on stage and compete to see who has the best body. They just don't get it. It's strange to them, that grown men would get up there in their swimming costume and make these silly poses. If they don't have a football or tennis racket in their hand, then it mustn't be a sport. If they're grown men with baby oil on them, then they must be gay and it must be a homosexual activity.

The reasons are endless as to why it's not accepted anymore. The general public will never understand how judging a body can ever be a serious sport. It speaks more of the general public than it does for BBers.
judging body parts in comparison is all this is.  any more than that is on you.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2009, 05:04:04 AM »
dont flatter yourself pauper

got it richie rich

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2009, 02:28:47 PM »
Check out these "teens of the week."  Some as young as 16!  :-\

Would anyone but a schmoe pay to see these "athletes" or even want to see them?   ???

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/pasttn.htm

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2009, 03:03:54 PM »
on behave of the spirit of Moosegay i want to thank you Bay

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2009, 06:10:45 PM »
on behave of the spirit of Moosegay i want to thank you Bay