Author Topic: marijuana and lifting  (Read 4901 times)

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: marijuana and lifting
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2009, 07:02:56 PM »
It decreases your testosterone guys, no one serious about lifting should be smoking weed.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2009, 07:06:52 PM »
marijuana doesnt effect testosterone or any other bodybuilding-important hormones.

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2009, 07:08:12 PM »
I couldn't work out worth a shit high, felt lazy and didn't want to be there.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »
marijuana doesnt effect testosterone or any other bodybuilding-important hormones.

You, thombz, are wrong there.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2009, 07:17:32 PM »
You, thombz, are wrong there.
Bill lewellyn did a big write up about the effects of marijuana on the bodybuilder. it was published in MD a while back, maybe two years ago. He used studies and the like, real scientific stuff, no bullshit......as lewlellyn always does it..... and the outcome was that marijuana has no negative hormonal effects on testosterone or anything else

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2009, 09:24:51 PM »
Bill lewellyn did a big write up about the effects of marijuana on the bodybuilder. it was published in MD a while back, maybe two years ago. He used studies and the like, real scientific stuff, no bullshit......as lewlellyn always does it..... and the outcome was that marijuana has no negative hormonal effects on testosterone or anything else

Thanks for the update, you may be correct.  However, I'd rather not risk lowering my testosterone over what one write-up on MD claims just to get a cheap high.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2009, 09:32:14 PM »
I have read it elevates Estrogen. :-\
I am a big baby

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2009, 09:35:10 PM »
I expected more from you tbombz.  This is very upsetting.  Time to hit the books and research articles.  A rare misstep. 

dustin

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2009, 11:39:15 PM »
The key is not smoking too much. Heavier indica strains will give you couch lock, detract you from your workout and make you slothful. Heady sativas will give you a zippy high, your mind will be racing, the mind-muscle connection will be unlike anything else (aside from maybe speed and nasty shit), you will probably even lift heavier because of the stronger mind-muscle connection.

I am fortunate to live in BC where I can get tons of strains. I have friends who get name brand strains from compassion clubs so I know exactly what to expect. I've found that heady sativas are the best. The heavier indica strains are okay too, and it really helps to loosen you up. But if there's a heavier ratio of cannabinoids to THC then you'll be tired and slothful. So many people think that smoking weed makes you too lazy to lift, but that's because they're smoking shitty weed or just too much. You only need one or two puffs. I take a puff before my workouts and always lift with insane intensity. When I don't smoke is when I often feel less motivated, but I do muster up the energy and motivation to have a good workout.

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2009, 01:42:46 AM »
The key is not smoking too much. Heavier indica strains will give you couch lock, detract you from your workout and make you slothful. Heady sativas will give you a zippy high, your mind will be racing, the mind-muscle connection will be unlike anything else (aside from maybe speed and nasty shit), you will probably even lift heavier because of the stronger mind-muscle connection.

I am fortunate to live in BC where I can get tons of strains. I have friends who get name brand strains from compassion clubs so I know exactly what to expect. I've found that heady sativas are the best. The heavier indica strains are okay too, and it really helps to loosen you up. But if there's a heavier ratio of cannabinoids to THC then you'll be tired and slothful. So many people think that smoking weed makes you too lazy to lift, but that's because they're smoking shitty weed or just too much. You only need one or two puffs. I take a puff before my workouts and always lift with insane intensity. When I don't smoke is when I often feel less motivated, but I do muster up the energy and motivation to have a good workout.

::)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2009, 01:47:31 AM »
Funny , there are other studies out there to say it raises estrogen

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2009, 02:59:16 AM »
Who the fuck cares about endogenous testosterone anway ? ;)

I smoke quite a lot but never before a workout - if you're smoking before a workout it usually feels pretty intense and everything but in reality you're not really pushing yourself to the limits - this is just my observation.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2009, 05:42:30 AM »
The only drugs that would help in the gym, with the exception of steroids, are mild stimulants. Everything else is a hindrance.

jason_deluxe

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2009, 06:37:11 PM »
The only drugs that would help in the gym, with the exception of steroids, are mild stimulants. Everything else is a hindrance.

Exactly.

The resident potheads might not want to hear that but it's unquestionably the truth.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2009, 08:08:36 PM »
Exactly.

The resident potheads might not want to hear that but it's unquestionably the truth.

Smoking marijuana makes me dizzy and then sleepy. I don't see how it could possibly help in the gym. Just a big waste of time.

Painkillers might help a little, however.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2009, 11:26:58 PM »
Funny , there are other studies out there to say it raises estrogen
sure, lewlellyn mentioned its been shown to have a little effect on estrogen. boosting it a bit.  thats a positive thing however.

dustin

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2009, 01:38:26 AM »

Because.. you say so? LMFAO!!! That's not close minded at all. ;D