Author Topic: This weekend's best playoff games are on Sunday  (Read 5082 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: This weekend's best playoff games are on Sunday
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2009, 05:39:46 PM »
That doesn't solve anything. By your logic, you're saying that a wildcard team with 10+ victories derserves to go to the playoffs instead of a division winner with less victories(who in this case, happened to finish .500). There are currently six playoffs spots per conference. So basically, you're saying that New England deserved to take San Diego's spot in the playoffs, right? So that means no one wins the AFC West, right? Or do you mean that you can win your division, you just can't get a spot in the dance.

I just want to be sure that this what you're saying.......because if that's what you're saying, then you're coming of as looking really stupid right now. No need for me to stand in your way, Earl....

i am saying .500 teams should NEVER make the playoffs

if that's stupid to you, that's your problem bitch :-*

and my steelers just proved that they never belonged, like I said all along

see you next week :-*

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2009, 05:41:27 PM »
Based on what?

The Colts, Panthers, Falcons, Titans, and now the Giants all had at least 11 wins.......THEY HAVE ALL BEEN ELIMINATED!!!!

In fact, the Panthers and Giants got BEAT DOWN BY 9-win teams.

And, if I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time that a Super Bowl team will have less than 10 wins in the regular season.

NFC Championship:  Eagles (9-6-1) at Cardinals (9-7)

all of those teams you listed finished above .500

the 8 -8  chargers just got sent packing by the mighty steelers so it's all a moot point now :D

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »
I thought the chargers would put up more of a fight than that!

you thought the browns would win the afc north too ;)

WHO DEY?

WE DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E
E

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2009, 05:51:52 PM »

E

Your Steelers proved nothing of the sort. They won the game; congratulations to them. But that in no way negates what San Diego accomplished. They won their division and DEFEATED a 12-4 team, just to get to the divisional round against Pittsburgh. That proves that the Chargers belonged there.

all of those teams you listed finished above .500

the 8 -8  chargers just got sent packing by the mighty steelers so it's all a moot point now :D

E

All of those teams I listed were ELIMINATED...by teams with fewer wins than they had. And, like it or not, one of those teams (Colts) got BOUNCED by the 8-8 AFC West Champion San Diego Chargers.

And, as mentioned earlier, we had two 8-8 teams make the playoffs in 2004: St. Louis and Minnesota. Those teams WON the wildcard round (on the road, I might add) by defeating the respective champions in their divisions.

If you're the best in your division, even at 8-8, you make the playoffs, PERIOD. If you have one of the better records of wildcard teams (as was the case with the Vikings and Rams in '04), even if it's 8-8, you make the playoffs, PERIOD.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »
and i'm saying 8-8 teams shouldn't make the playoffs, they all get "bounced" as you like to say

i don't care if they win one game, having .500 teams in the playoffs hurts the regular season

the chargers got dominated today, they didn't belong

the colts would've kept it closer

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2009, 05:57:05 PM »

E

And I'm saying tough shit, that's the way it goes in the NFL. Oh by the way, way to handle an 8-8 team! ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »
And I'm saying tough shit, that's the way it goes in the NFL. Oh by the way, way to handle an 8-8 team! ;D

it is "tough shit" and that's a shame for teams like the pats

but it does make it easier for my team to advance in the playoffs 8)

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2009, 06:11:26 PM »

E

Get ready for a bigger challenge and more of a fight this Sunday. The Steelers are the better team but the Ravens have momentum. I just hope they have something left in the tank for four quarters of tough football. The Titans game took a lot out of them.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »
Get ready for a bigger challenge and more of a fight this Sunday. The Steelers are the better team but the Ravens have momentum. I just hope they have something left in the tank for four quarters of tough football. The Titans game took a lot out of them.

it will be a very tough game, no doubt

the steelers have won their last two games in convincing fashion, does that count as momentum?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2009, 06:18:31 PM »
Sundays are always a good day to watch the steelers get eliminated

that's for 1994

THAT'S FOR 1994 YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
it will be a very tough game, no doubt

the steelers have won their last two games in convincing fashion, does that count as momentum?

E

Yeah, the first game got your quarterback hurt because your coach believes in overworking his players when their playoff position was set.

Then you kicked the hell out of an 8-8 team today. You're team is making quite a statement. That fourth down fake punt in the second quarter was a joke of a call by Tomlin. Definitely an ego call on his part and he would be wise not to try that shit against the Ravens. Punt the ball next time, Tomlin.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2009, 06:25:20 PM »
Yeah, the first game got your quarterback hurt because your coach believes in overworking his players when their playoff position was set.

Then you kicked the hell out of an 8-8 team today. You're team is making quite a statement. That fourth down fake punt in the second quarter was a joke of a call by Tomlin. Definitely an ego call on his part and he would be wise not to try that shit against the Ravens. Punt the ball next time, Tomlin.

he got hurt in the 2nd quarter, that's not overworking

that same 8-8 team that you said deserved to be in the playoffs

bad call i agree

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2009, 06:30:26 PM »
he got hurt in the 2nd quarter, that's not overworking

that same 8-8 team that you said deserved to be in the playoffs

bad call i agree

E

Ben shouldn't have been playing. Their playoff positioning was already set and Tomlin was still playing starters. Tomlin took a lot of heat for that in the media.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2009, 06:39:54 PM »
Ben shouldn't have been playing. Their playoff positioning was already set and Tomlin was still playing starters. Tomlin took a lot of heat for that in the media.

moot point now, ben looked as good as ever today

it is not good for starters to rest 3 straight weeks, they would be rusty

ask the colts in 06 8)

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2009, 08:14:51 AM »

moot point now, ben looked as good as ever today

it is not good for starters to rest 3 straight weeks, they would be rusty

ask the colts in 06 8)

E

Touche you little bastard!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2009, 01:45:39 PM »
and i'm saying 8-8 teams shouldn't make the playoffs, they all get "bounced" as you like to say

i don't care if they win one game, having .500 teams in the playoffs hurts the regular season

No, it doesn't. In the regular season, you either win your division or you earn a wildcard spot.

How did St. Louis and Minnesota making the playoffs as wildcards with 8-8 records hurt the regular season?

Were they not the best two teams in the NFC of the non-division winners?

the chargers got dominated today, they didn't belong

the colts would've kept it closer

E

But, the Colts got eliminated by that same 8-8 Charger team. Saying that a 12-4 team belongs in the playoffs but the team that BEAT THEM in postseason does not is utterly ridiculous.

E

It ain't a shame for the Pats.

Were they the best in their division? NO! Miami was (11-5 with a better conference record).

Were they the best of the wildcards? NO! Indy was 12-4 and Baltimore was 11-5 with a better conference record.

So, they don't make the playoffs, period. What San Diego's record was has no bearing. The winner of the AFC West gets a playoff spot. San Diego won the AFC West; they make the post-season.

The "weak division" argument doens't hold water. The NFC West is "weak", on paper; yet its champions, the Cardinals, are in the NFC title game, defeating the 11-5 Falcons and 12-4 Panthers in the process.

The AFC West is "weak", on paper, too; yet its champions, the Chargers, made it to the divisonal round, at the expense of a 12-4 Colts team.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »
why are we still talking about this?

the chargers are playing golf now, three weeks late

get over it

E
E

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2009, 01:58:12 PM »
why are we still talking about this?

the chargers are playing golf now, three weeks late

get over it

E

Because you keep blubbering about the Chargers not deserving to be in the post-season, simply because they're 8-8. Or that 8-8 teams don't belong in the playoffs at all.

Regardless of record, if you win a division or are one of the best of the non-division winners, you make the postseason.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2009, 01:59:46 PM »
yeah i know, i just don't agree with it

E
E