Author Topic: Commentary: Rick Warren foes aren't practicing tolerance  (Read 12828 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Commentary: Rick Warren foes aren't practicing tolerance
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »
LOL oh my fuking goodness your doing this to piss ppl off arent you? you are seriously not this retarded bro i know this to be a fact.

The reason she asks the question is b/c she wants to know that if its not the persons "choice" to be gay would it change his mind on gay marriage. In other words if they are predispositioned to it genitically then you really cant hold it agaisnt them right?

He points out that certain ppl are genitically predipositioned to being easier to anger or being shy or introverted which is certainly true. Although these actions maybe genetic doesnt mean that they are the right thing to do and that if the actions arent beneficial to oneself or society then the actions should be delt with. DO YOU SERIOUSLY NOT UNDERSTAND THIS STRAW?

In the response to the second question he is referring to certain gay ppl NOT THE GAY COMMUNITY. He also says that HE HAS THE URGE TO HAVE MULTIPLE PARTNERS again to illustrate the point that behaviors that arent beneficial should be reigned in.

you are twisting words bro either you have not listened to either clip or you have something personal against this man or his views on gay marriage, this is a bad spin job bro.

I'll listen to the clips when I get home and then respond back.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 03:50:43 PM »
No need to twist his words.

I love how Ann Curry is just seething with ANGER as she interviews Warren.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 07:50:14 PM »
LOL oh my fuking goodness your doing this to piss ppl off arent you? you are seriously not this retarded bro i know this to be a fact.

The reason she asks the question is b/c she wants to know that if its not the persons "choice" to be gay would it change his mind on gay marriage. In other words if they are predispositioned to it genitically then you really cant hold it agaisnt them right?

He points out that certain ppl are genitically predipositioned to being easier to anger or being shy or introverted which is certainly true. Although these actions maybe genetic doesnt mean that they are the right thing to do and that if the actions arent beneficial to oneself or society then the actions should be delt with. DO YOU SERIOUSLY NOT UNDERSTAND THIS STRAW?

In the response to the second question he is referring to certain gay ppl NOT THE GAY COMMUNITY. He also says that HE HAS THE URGE TO HAVE MULTIPLE PARTNERS again to illustrate the point that behaviors that arent beneficial should be reigned in.

you are twisting words bro either you have not listened to either clip or you have something personal against this man or his views on gay marriage, this is a bad spin job bro.

Okay, I've watched the first clip again

I have only one question:  Does Rick Warren think that gay marriage is equivalent to incestual marriage?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »
Okay, I've watched the first clip again

I have only one question:  Does Rick Warren think that gay marriage is equivalent to incestual marriage?
Again would gay marriage redefine marriage? yes it would

Would incestual marriage redefine marriage? yes it would

Would marriage between a man and a child redefine marriage? yes it would

so in the sense that they would all redefine marriage yes they are equivilant, now morally equivilant iono he never commented on that aspect which is why your first interpretation was wrong.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 08:24:33 PM »
Again would gay marriage redefine marriage? yes it would

Would incestual marriage redefine marriage? yes it would

Would marriage between a man and a child redefine marriage? yes it would

so in the sense that they would all redefine marriage yes they are equivilant, now morally equivilant iono he never commented on that aspect which is why your first interpretation was wrong.

ok - so basically ANY definition of marriage other Rick Warrens definition is equivalent to incestual marriage or any other totally unheard of form of marriage?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 08:55:15 PM »

So being shy has been proven to be genetically predispositioned?

I wasn't aware that had been proven

If you watch this clip again you'll see no mention of marriage

the discussion is all about sexuality and genetics and Warren vears off on trying somehow compare sexuality to an emotion (anger , fear or shyness) or the compulsion to drink beer

and then changes the subject from homosexuality to promiscuity

notice he keeps trying to make comparisons and then pretend that he's addressed the original topic.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2009, 08:57:44 PM »
ok - so basically ANY definition of marriage other Rick Warrens definition is equivalent to incestual marriage or any other totally unheard of form of marriage?
Any other definition of marriage other than what it is defined as now would be a redefinition of marriage would it not? He is making a point that he is against the redefinition of marriage no matter what.

LOL again you are making it seem like he means morally the same, but AGAIN THATS NOT WHAT HE IS IMPLYING. as far as that clip goes

You are twisting words bro and its sad to see...you are one of the level headed ppl on the board not the spin happy retards i.e. 240.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 09:06:08 PM »
So being shy has been proven to be genetically predispositioned?

I wasn't aware that had been proven

If you watch this clip again you'll see no mention of marriage

the discussion is all about sexuality and genetics and Warren vears off on trying somehow compare sexuality to an emotion (anger , fear or shyness) or the compulsion to drink beer

and then changes the subject from homosexuality to promiscuity

notice he keeps trying to make comparisons and then pretend that he's addressed the original topic.

I wish i could find the whole interview b/c im pretty sure this is in response to gay marriage.

its her not him you retard that takes the discussion that direction saying that homosexuality is biological, so is a predisposition to anger, introversion, extroversion and so is multiple sex partners for men. Just b/c its a natural thing doesnt mean its what best or that its right does it?

oh my fuking goodness he is drawing a similarity between natural impulses and being gay if it is genetic i.e. natural he is addressing the question the host asked. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?, are you smoking shit right now?

he did address the original topic

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 09:09:52 PM »
the reason he brings up the topic of anger and shyness even your example of beer drinking or alcholism is b/c they to are believed to be genetic as well just like the host posed in her question about gays...he states that even if a impulse is natural doesnt make it right.

HE DOES ADDRESS HER QUESTION QUITE ELOQUENTLY

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 09:14:25 PM »
Any other definition of marriage other than what it is defined as now would be a redefinition of marriage would it not? He is making a point that he is against the redefinition of marriage no matter what.

LOL again you are making it seem like he means morally the same, but AGAIN THATS NOT WHAT HE IS IMPLYING. as far as that clip goes

You are twisting words bro and its sad to see...you are one of the level headed ppl on the board not the spin happy retards i.e. 240.

I never mentioned morals

I listened to Warren and like you and everyone I'm trying to understand what he is saying

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 09:19:12 PM »
I wish i could find the whole interview b/c im pretty sure this is in response to gay marriage.

its her not him you retard that takes the discussion that direction saying that homosexuality is biological, so is a predisposition to anger, introversion, extroversion and so is multiple sex partners for men. Just b/c its a natural thing doesnt mean its what best or that its right does it?

oh my fuking goodness he is drawing a similarity between natural impulses and being gay if it is genetic i.e. natural he is addressing the question the host asked. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?, are you smoking shit right now?

he did address the original topic

she asks "if" it's proven to be biological

and he pretends that being angry, fearful or shy IS biological

and then pretends that being shy (an emotion) is the same a being gay (sexual identity)

that is a basic STRAW MAN argument

a favorite of the far right and the ironic purpose of my screen name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 09:22:20 PM »

???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 09:22:27 PM »
I never mentioned morals

I listened to Warren and like you and everyone I'm trying to understand what he is saying

right you never mentioned morals HOWEVER...
this implies it to a certain degree

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 09:26:13 PM »
she asks "if" it's proven to be biological

and he pretends that being angry, fearful or shy IS biological

and then pretends that being shy (an emotion) is the same a being gay (sexual identity)

that is a basic STRAW MAN argument

a favorite of the far right and the ironic purpose of my screen name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
LOL pretends hahah bro do some research some ppl are genetically predispositioned to be easier to anger etc...
same as being predispositioned genetically to addiction i.e. alcoholism
do yourself a favor and research this and then maybe you will have a clearer understanding of his point.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2009, 09:37:19 PM »
further more being gay is not sexual identity it is sexual preference.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2009, 09:38:19 PM »
LOL pretends hahah bro do some research some ppl are genetically predispositioned to be easier to anger etc...
same as being predispositioned genetically to addiction i.e. alcoholism
do yourself a favor and research this and then maybe you will have a clearer understanding of his point.

feel free to list anything that actually proves your point(s)

1.  show me the proof that being "prone" to anger is genetic

2.  explain what that has to do with sexuality

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2009, 09:43:27 PM »
further more being gay is not sexual identity it is sexual preference.

what does "preference" mean?

does it imply "choice"?

(btw - I already don't care either way - it makes no difference to me whether it's a choice not.)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2009, 09:43:30 PM »
feel free to list anything that actually proves your point(s)

1.  show me the proof that being "prone" to anger is genetic

2.  explain what that has to do with sexuality
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro04/web2/apatel.html

read up a little

Again if homosexuality is genetic like she proposed you can compare it to other genetic predispositions can you not?

first answer that and ill go on.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2009, 09:45:31 PM »
what does "preference" mean?

does it imply "choice"?

(btw - I already don't care either way - it makes no difference to me whether it's a choice not.)
no it doesnt mean choice, it simply means what you prefer...sexual identity is what you see yourself as either male or female or other.

LOL man i had to increase to 400% to read that shit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2009, 09:45:45 PM »
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro04/web2/apatel.html

read up a little

Again if homosexuality is genetic like she proposed you can compare it to other genetic predispositions can you not?

first answer that and ill go on.

I don't care whether it's genetic

Warren seems to be saying it is

and then pretending that being shy is the same thing

did you notice that?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2009, 09:51:16 PM »
I don't care whether it's genetic

Warren seems to be saying it is

and then pretending that being shy is the same thing

did you notice that?
well it is thought to be genetic at least to some extent...I do notice he is making a comparison a legitimate comparison, if being gay and shy or being quick to violence, or alcoholism are all genetic then you can have a conversation about all three at the same time if it involves genetics which she introduced into the conversation what part do you not understand im gonna lay it out real easy here

homosexuality=genetic
more violent=genetic
Introversion=genetic

If a person is expected to overcome there genetic predisposition to violence or introversion then why not homosexuality?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2009, 09:55:31 PM »
well it is thought to be genetic at least to some extent...I do notice he is making a comparison a legitimate comparison, if being gay and shy or being quick to violence, or alcoholism are all genetic then you can have a conversation about all three at the same time if it involves genetics which she introduced into the conversation what part do you not understand im gonna lay it out real easy here

homosexuality=genetic
more violent=genetic
Introversion=genetic

If a person is expected to overcome there genetic predisposition to violence or introversion then why not homosexuality?

homosexuality = more violent = introversion

all the same?

all bad?

all the same? (I should have made that last sentence really small)

all "proven" to be genetic?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2009, 10:00:53 PM »
homosexuality = more violent = introversion

all the same?

all bad?

all the same? (I should have made that last sentence really small)

all "proven" to be genetic?
LOL what you have some problem you think that if 2 things are mentioned in the same sentence they are being compared in every possible way.

they are all believed to have a genetic component and if you are expected to overcome certain genetic traits and not others then you need more reasoning to say homosexuality is ok simply b/c it is genetic which is what she basically asked.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2009, 10:10:09 PM »
basically he is saying just b/c there maybe a genetic component to it doesnt make it ok...Males have a genetic predisposition to mate with more than one female but just b/c its genetic doesnt make it ok to do so...get it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2009, 10:17:15 PM »
LOL what you have some problem you think that if 2 things are mentioned in the same sentence they are being compared in every possible way.

they are all believed to have a genetic component and if you are expected to overcome certain genetic traits and not others then you need more reasoning to say homosexuality is ok simply b/c it is genetic which is what she basically asked.

so you're saying if Warren conflates feeling shy with homosexuality I shouldn't think they are the same thing

also that being shy isn't a bad thing

but still something that must be "struggled" against

It's all starting to make sense

thanks