Author Topic: 2009 Australian Pro GP IX - Update - Athlete List  (Read 41831 times)

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: 2009 Australian Pro GP IX - Update - Athlete List
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 02:04:20 PM »
Ah, professional bodybuilding contests. Godfather tells it like it is. That is the sad reality. The Aussie show isn't worth the prize money but some might enter just to qualify for the Olympia. What a bloody circus this professional shit is. Who started this crap of qualifying as a professional? That is a clever way to totally control the bodybuilders. Asskissing starts early in every bodybuilder's career. That is especially so in Australia.

Now why doesn't someone post when this contest is and how much it costs? That would be a start. Oh, I know it is there at Tony's site. Not good enough. The IFBB contests cost too much for what you get. A pity because not that many go and yet there are gyms everywhere. Something is wrong if you can't fill a hall with overseas champions. Who wants to sponsor steroid freaks? Huh?

The IFBB is so sick nobody knows what to do so they plod along with the same stuff year in and out. Well, there are fewer contests lately. This can't be a good thing for the sport.

Paul Graham cannot be kicked out from his position. He is there for life just like Ben Weider was. That is also not good enough. The last time I attended one of Paul's contests to support a gym member I asked Paul why they didn't introduce the competitors to the prejudging audience. He said I would have to come back at night to hear that. No thanks. The judging was enough for me. In the old days all the gym owners went to the contests. I bet few do today. That is a real shame.

Good luck, Tony, on your effort. It is appreciated by the muscleheads in Australia and especially Melbourne. I might even try to attend to say hello to some of the lads and support Lee Priest.

In the words of the UFC commentator "WOW"

AVBG

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 05:51:04 PM »
can you remind us of the placing you got in the Mr Australia contest?

He came last

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 07:49:21 PM »
Australian Pro GP IX - Update - Athlete List
Here is Tony Doherty's working list, still waiting on a few confirmations but it is shaping up real good. Support Pro Bodybuilding

2009 Athletes List

Definites
Lee Priest
Con Demetriou
Dennis James
Silvio Samuel
Toney Freeman
Sergey Shelestov
Ivan Sadek
Mike Kefalianos
Oscar Dexter
Rusty Jeffers
Grant Pieterse
Moe El Moussawi

Probables
Ahmad haider
Ronnie Rockel
Hide Yamagishi
Fadi Zaazaa
Beat Meschberger
Ricky Welling
Oliver Adzievski

Wish List
Kai Green
Ronnie Coleman
Vic Martinez

It is fantastic to see 5 Aussies competing.
Lee Priest, Ivan Sadek, Con Demetriou, Beat Meschberger and Mike Kefalianos
CONFESSION TIME       IF HE COMPETES     
((-::

AVBG

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 08:03:12 PM »
CONFESSION TIME       IF HE COMPETES     

I've got my doubts that he will... The shoulder is still a problem.

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 08:14:07 PM »
Priest out of the comp you heard it 1st here from AVBG.Take his name of that List.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 01:47:15 AM »
That's right, the so-called 'draw card' for the Aussie Pro is injured....again.

So much for Lee claiming he is a 'balls to the wall warrior'.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 03:47:01 AM »
wtf, Lee is out for real?

thats fucked up.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 12:07:34 PM »
I spoke to Lee yesterday, he is still training for the show and working around is injury. He will do his best to compete, I will do my best to put on a fantastic show.

As for ticket sales being down. They don't go on sale until next week, so I guess you are technically correct.

However, as much as you can hope for failure I will not be influenced by negative internet heroes.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 12:15:25 PM »
Ah, professional bodybuilding contests. Godfather tells it like it is. That is the sad reality. The Aussie show isn't worth the prize money but some might enter just to qualify for the Olympia. What a bloody circus this professional shit is. Who started this crap of qualifying as a professional? That is a clever way to totally control the bodybuilders. Asskissing starts early in every bodybuilder's career. That is especially so in Australia.

Now why doesn't someone post when this contest is and how much it costs? That would be a start. Oh, I know it is there at Tony's site. Not good enough. The IFBB contests cost too much for what you get. A pity because not that many go and yet there are gyms everywhere. Something is wrong if you can't fill a hall with overseas champions. Who wants to sponsor steroid freaks? Huh?

The IFBB is so sick nobody knows what to do so they plod along with the same stuff year in and out. Well, there are fewer contests lately. This can't be a good thing for the sport.

Paul Graham cannot be kicked out from his position. He is there for life just like Ben Weider was. That is also not good enough. The last time I attended one of Paul's contests to support a gym member I asked Paul why they didn't introduce the competitors to the prejudging audience. He said I would have to come back at night to hear that. No thanks. The judging was enough for me. In the old days all the gym owners went to the contests. I bet few do today. That is a real shame.

Good luck, Tony, on your effort. It is appreciated by the muscleheads in Australia and especially Melbourne. I might even try to attend to say hello to some of the lads and support Lee Priest.

Vince, nice to see you weighing in with your pearls of wisdom. It would be great to see you actually attend a show. You may even be surprised by how many gym owners (apart from you) actually go to shows. I get support from every state in Australia from some very good gym owners and loyal fans. You often comment on the poor state of bodybuilding, (wrong) so if you come to the show you will be qualified to comment. You may even run into Paul and maybe you guys can have a man hug or better still a wrestle. Ah the good old days.

Seriously Vince, it would be great to have you at the show. I will send some posters etc to your gym and look forward to welcoming you.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 03:13:38 PM »
                             "WOW"

hows the prep going Lee?

ILuvPriest

• Getbig II
  • BOW TO ME NOW!
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2009, 07:29:07 PM »
Last i heard he was training twice aday,cardio twice aday.Yes his shoulder tendon is torn off,but he is still full steam ahead for Aussie show.He sees surgeon on the 28th Jan i read on MD..............So until we hear from Lee he is in show..
I WILL EAT YOU!

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2009, 03:22:14 PM »
Why train? Its his show all the way!!!!!!      I am cool with flea also,   but skipping his tru home show (THE IRONMAN) really p'd me off!!!!   

AVBG

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2009, 03:32:28 PM »
Why train? Its his show all the way!!!!!!      I am cool with flea also,   but skipping his tru home show (THE IRONMAN) really p'd me off!!!!   

If Lee competes, I don't think Lee will do so well in this show.. He's spent a lot of time off stage and not in shape and now injured.. He'll be lucky to be in the top three behind DJ and Freeman.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »
The IFBB do Not hold Grudges and only Good Judges.Ask Milos.

AVBG

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2009, 04:02:34 PM »

They're not the same judges in Aus.. They couldn't have cared less about Lee in the PDI- no joke.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2009, 04:09:09 PM »
They're not the same judges in Aus.. They couldn't have cared less about Lee in the PDI- no joke.
       Are you saying the Judges in Australia are Not IFBB Judges???I don't think I undersatnd what you are saying.

AVBG

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2009, 04:17:30 PM »
       Are you saying the Judges in Australia are Not IFBB Judges???I don't think I undersatnd what you are saying.

On the contrary, they are all fully accredited IFBB judges but I know that some of them would have little idea what happens outside of the Australasia.. Which generally equates to fairer judging as they don't really follow what happens (personality wise)on the US or European circuit- being able to judge a physique and not the person/personality.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »
Well said AVGB

All the judges are IFBB judges, we have some Aussie, some New Zealanders and usually bring  a couple from USA or Europe.

What he is saying is that Australia and NZ judges dont get to judge in USA very often.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2009, 04:45:27 PM »

If the IFBB held grudges....Lee would never have been let back in...

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2009, 04:50:09 PM »
If Lee competes, I don't think Lee will do so well in this show.. He's spent a lot of time off stage and not in shape and now injured.. He'll be lucky to be in the top three behind DJ and Freeman.
SHSHSHS   don't tell anyone   but LEE will win this show!!!!!       Even in his 2005 Mr.O condition

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2009, 05:22:54 PM »
10K baby 10k is very good money. :-\

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2009, 06:22:22 PM »
10K baby 10k is very good money. :-\

Winning is an awesome feeling, money or not but I guess you will never experience this in anything because you are a loser.
"loser baby, loser"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2009, 07:20:08 PM »
Winning is an awesome feeling, money or not but I guess you will never experience this in anything because you are a loser.
"loser baby, loser"

You're wasting your time bro....losers dont understand the concept of achievement, of a goal, of climbing the ladder to success....much like a college student who pays to go to schol, who gets nothing upon getting a degree....but it's all in the hopes that it will pay off, that a bigger payday is coming.

10,000 probably wasnt a lot of money to Jay Cutler, or Ronnie Coleman, or Dexter Jaxson when they won their first show either....but it sure paved the way for a whole lot more, didn't it?

AVBG

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2009, 07:24:28 PM »
You're wasting your time bro....losers dont understand the concept of achievement, of a goal, of climbing the ladder to success....much like a college student who pays to go to schol, who gets nothing upon getting a degree....but it's all in the hopes that it will pay off, that a bigger payday is coming.

10,000 probably wasnt a lot of money to Jay Cutler, or Ronnie Coleman, or Dexter Jaxson when they won their first show either....but it sure paved the way for a whole lot more, didn't it?

In a Grand Prix format/environment it is decent money, particularly if you're already in shape from doing a previous comp or if you have another show ahead.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2009, 02:09:35 PM »
Plenty of Poor BBs Now we all know why 10k speaks volumes. :-\