Author Topic: Senate Would Be Lucky To Get Caroline Kennedy  (Read 12449 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Senate Would Be Lucky To Get Caroline Kennedy
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2009, 08:09:55 PM »
Wow,you must really hear what you want.Biden told Couric that FDR was president in 1929 and then went on television to calm the countrys fear.FDR was not president in 1929 and TV hadnt been invented for public use then.Please name ONE thing Palin said that was more error filled or dumber then that?

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008

3. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

4. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

5. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

6. "They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in San Francisco, Oct. 5, 2008

7. "[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008 (Watch video clip)

8. "I told the Congress, 'Thanks, but no thanks,' on that Bridge to Nowhere." –Sarah Palin, who was for the Bridge to Nowhere before she was against it

9. "If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media." --Sarah Palin, getting First Amendment rights backwards while suggesting that criticism of her is unconstitutional, radio interview with WMAL-AM, Oct. 31, 2008

10. "I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.'" --Sarah Palin, as quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor's office without approval of the city council

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2009, 03:16:26 AM »
Caroline Kennedy For Senate
BERNIE QUIGLEY

It could be said that the war on Iraq was brought on by the tenacious will and determination of one man, George W. Bush, and the lack of it by many others.

Yet several have distinguished themselves as noble and fearless individuals in this season of the expedient — like Sen. Robert Byrd (D), the Gray Champion from West Virginia, who, recalling the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, opposed the invasion from the start. Another was Susan Eisenhower, who crossed party lines and abandoned her family tradition — one of the most respected in American history — to support Barack Obama.

But no one has shown the keen political instinct, timing and leadership of Caroline Kennedy. This long and occasionally dreary presidential race found its turning point when Kennedy, in an op-ed letter to The New York Times, endorsed Obama for president. Just before, The New York Times had endorsed Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.), as expected. But the Kennedy endorsement turned the corner for Obama. The next day, Caroline’s Uncle Teddy followed suit and the Democratic Party took a new, restorative direction.

This is true and natural leadership and people with this gift should be drafted into government.

The entire presidential race has exposed a weakness in leadership and a decline of substance in the Democratic Party. The presidency is a management position, and the Democratic rank and file has shown little interest in its competent managers. Governors of the greatest ability, like Virginia’s former Gov. Mark Warner and Kansas’s Kathleen Sebelius, were ignored, as were managers of important states like Pennsylvania’s Ed Rendell and most complex and creative places, like New York’s Independent mayor, Mike Bloomberg.

Classically, the Senate requires a different style of leadership as senators should be sent to learn, discuss and advise. And they should bring something with them. Ideally, an individual should have varied experience to bring to this task and senators should come from varied walks of life.

As a mother, a lawyer, a very successful charity worker and fundraiser and a true-blue New Yorker, Kennedy brings a wealth of experience to this task and it is the kind of varied experience the Senate calls for. She has exactly the kind of background needed for the job.

That she comes with a famous name cannot be separated from her or from us. As a child, playing at her father’s feet in the Oval Office is one of the most charmed moments of the post-war period; a moment recalled as our own world family’s.

But when we respond to the name of a well-known historical figure known for character or cunning, be it Eisenhower or Kennedy, it is far different than the fame of an actor or celebrity. We recall something within ourselves of the highest order and something we need to find within ourselves to survive and flourish.

Yet there is no telling if they can and will deliver, and choosing a family name has historically brought disappointment, even led to the degeneration of the process to narrow generational identification and even to the monarchist tendency.

There will be none of this with Caroline Kennedy. In fact, her presence in the Senate and as a political representative of New York will have a restorative effect. It will help to reverse this trend by raising the standard of leadership back to the highest standard.

And here in the Northeast and everywhere, Caroline Kennedy in the Senate could also conceivably begin to heal an ache that has been felt these past 40-some years from the loss of a gift which was given to us, then taken away. Something to which we should hold fast to this time and not let go.
!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2009, 04:40:48 AM »
Yeah, because their incompetence and stupidity would only be eclipsed by her own , you know.

What a joke this is.  The liberal hacks who attacked Palin while clamoring for this valley girl are showing themselves to be the hypocrites they always are. 

I'm a liberal but I'm no hack.  Caroline Kennedy is a cut above Palin but just barely; she does not belong in the Senate.  >:(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2009, 05:37:04 AM »
I'm a liberal but I'm no hack.  Caroline Kennedy is a cut above Palin but just barely; she does not belong in the Senate.  >:(

Ok, but I said those who attacked Palin while clamoring for Kennedy are hacks.  If you do not support Kennedy it does not apply to you.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2009, 07:01:15 AM »
 ;)
Why Caroline Kennedy Should Be Senator

Those whom have been loyal readers of We, the People!! are aware that Hillary Clinton, the ex-first lady of the USA and current US Senator from New York, as well as US Secretary of State-designee for the Obama Administration, was endorsed here to be president of the US in the recent presidential campaign.  When it became clear in June 2008 that Barack Obama would win the democratic nomination for president, We, the People!! enthusiastically endorsed Obama, and published repeated articles of support for him.

The transition from Clinton to Obama was actually easy to do.  After all, they espoused very similar ideals and programs for the country. Although it took others a bit more time to make this move, it is clear that the vast majority of Clinton supporters did so, based upon the final presidential vote in the various states where Clinton had won primaries, most notably, but not exclusively, in the Midwest.

So it is a bit discouraging to witness, at this late date, ardent Clinton supporters rejecting Caroline Kennedy as their choice for appointment by the governor of New York State to fill the senate seat that Hillary Clinton will leave when she is confirmed Secretary of State.  One would expect that type of prejudice from right-wing Kennedy-haters, but not from supporters of Hillary.  Their motivation seems to be that both Caroline Kennedy and US senator Ted Kennedy endorsed Barack Obama over Clinton during the primary season in January 2008.

This highly emotional bitterness on the part of some die-hard Clinton supporters is misguided and reckless.  It is no different than people voting against someone because of the way they comb their hair, and is a testament to the way human emotions can sometimes (or frequently, with some folks) outweigh human logic.

The truth is that Caroline Kennedy is an accomplished lawyer who has written books about the US Bill of Rights, has defended civil rights, and has worked to expand education, health care, interest in the arts, and equality, to name a few.  She has spent most of her adult life in public service.  In this era of executive branch abuse and suspension of habeas corpus and constitutional rights, one would think that anyone with a resume such as Caroline Kennedy’s would be a welcome addition to the US government.

She also has a keen understanding of the political process in the US, having been around it her entire life. Her father was John F. Kennedy (JFK), one of the most beloved presidents in US history who was assassinated after less than three years in office in 1963.  JFK had also served both as congressman and senator from the state of Massachusetts before that.

Caroline’s uncle Robert (Bobby) Kennedy (RFK) served in his brother JFK’s administration as close political advisor and US Attorney General.  He continued in the latter capacity under the Johnson administration after his brother died.  In 1964, RFK ran for and was elected US senator for the same seat now occupied by Hillary Clinton and pursued by Caroline Kennedy.  RFK was assassinated in June 1968 as he was running for president of the USA.

Caroline’s other uncle Edward “Ted” Kennedy has served as US senator from Massachusetts from 1962 to present.  He is known as the “Lion of the Senate“.  He and Caroline are close.

Caroline also has cousins who have served and are serving as US congressmen.  So it is eminently fair to state that she is no stranger to the American politcal system and process.

And in addition to all of the above, she brings with her a quality that some say has not existed in American politics since the death of her father in office, and until the rise of Barack Obama:

Hope.

After eight years of dismal failure of almost every facet of American political, diplomatic, and economic life, hope is exactly what the American people, and in fact the people of the world need most of all.  The election of Obama to the American presidency is a great start and to date his cabinet selections are furthering that great feeling of hope in an otherwise dark environment.

Many folks run for politcal office because of personal ego and ambition for both power and monetary gain.  Caroline Kennedy has no use for any of those factors.  She already comes from one of the most famous families in American history.  Her Dad was one of the most revered presidents of all time.  She is an acomplished writer, lawyer, and philantropist.  She can make more money just doing what she’s doing than she will every make in the US Senate.

Her motives seem to be very similar to Obama’s.  She wants to make a difference that will improve peoples’ lives.

That desire to actually help people is never in too great a supply in our government.  New York governor David Peterson, as well as those sour-grapes Clinton supporters and all those right-wing kennedy-haters, would do well to remember that.
!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2009, 07:10:55 AM »
Even Paterson said today he has doubts about your girl.

Kennedy is a joke and embarassment to the democrat party if she is picked.  Let her run for congress first, then maybe the Senate.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2009, 08:07:30 AM »
I have already said that I am not a Caroline fan and do not think he belongs in the Senate—at least not based on her performance so far.  If it were my call, she would go back to life in her penthouse.

Still, it is amusing to hear from her critics who appear to have high standards for leadership.  Where were your critical voices when Bush/Cheney was running the country into an economic ditch and taking us into an unnecessary war leading to 3000+ dead, 23000+ maimed at a cost approaching a trillion dollars?

Even in its last days, the administration loves to tout that we haven’t suffered another attack since 9/11.  I am not impressed by that; the attack they needed to prevent was 9/11.  They had ample warnings from more than one source but terrorism was simply not on their prefabricated agenda and they didn’t want to hear anything about it even from folks like Richard Clarke who tried in vain to get them to pay attention.

To me, Caroline in the Senate is laughable, but no more laughable (or damaging) than Bush in the White House.   :(

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2009, 08:17:47 AM »
Prince Charles should be considered for NY Senator as well. After painstackenly cutting and pasting someone else's writings I took the time to highlight what I took upon myself to deem important. ;D

Education
Charles first attended Hill House School in West London; then the Cheam Preparatory School in Berkshire, England, which his father had also attended; and was finally moved to Gordonstoun, in the north-east of Scotland. It was reported that the Prince despised his time at the latter school,  – "Colditz in kilts", as Charles put it – though he did spend two of his terms at the Timbertop campus of Geelong Grammar School in Geelong, Australia, during which time he visited Papua New Guinea on a history trip with his tutor, Michael Collins Persse. Upon his return to Gordonstoun, Charles followed in his father's footsteps in becoming Head Boy, and left in 1967 with two A Levels in History and French.

Tradition was broken again when Charles went straight from secondary school into university, as opposed to joining the military. On the recommendation of Robin Woods, Dean of Windsor, and despite only gaining grades of B and C in his A Levels,[4] the Prince was admitted to Trinity College, Cambridge, where he read anthropology, archaeology, and history, earning a lower second class Bachelor of Arts on 23 June 1970, making him the third member of the Royal Family to earn a university degree.[5] On 2 August 1975, he was subsequently awarded a Master of Arts Degree from Cambridge, per the university's tradition.[5] During his time at post-secondary school, Charles also attended the Old College (part of the University of Wales, Aberystwyth), where he studied the  Welsh language and Welsh history, also making him the first Prince of Wales born outside of Wales to ever attempt to learn the language of the principality.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 08:19:01 AM »
I have already said that I am not a Caroline fan and do not think he belongs in the Senate—at least not based on her performance so far.  If it were my call, she would go back to life in her penthouse.

Still, it is amusing to hear from her critics who appear to have high standards for leadership.  Where were your critical voices when Bush/Cheney was running the country into an economic ditch and taking us into an unnecessary war leading to 3000+ dead, 23000+ maimed at a cost approaching a trillion dollars?

Even in its last days, the administration loves to tout that we haven’t suffered another attack since 9/11.  I am not impressed by that; the attack they needed to prevent was 9/11.  They had ample warnings from more than one source but terrorism was simply not on their prefabricated agenda and they didn’t want to hear anything about it even from folks like Richard Clarke who tried in vain to get them to pay attention.

To me, Caroline in the Senate is laughable, but no more laughable (or damaging) than Bush in the White House.   :(

Bush screwed up royally and many of us who voted for him have admitted that.

However, that does not negate the fact that in NYS we have many better qualified people for the job. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2009, 08:19:55 AM »

It's the "dog that didn't bark" argument.

What person in their right mind is impressed by that.

And it's bizarro that they're bragging about the dog that didn't bark after failing to prevent the worst terrorist attack in history (let's not forget about the anthrax attacks too).  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2009, 08:30:21 AM »
It's the "dog that didn't bark" argument.

What person in their right mind is impressed by that.

And it's bizarro that they're bragging about the dog that didn't bark after failing to prevent the worst terrorist attack in history (let's not forget about the anthrax attacks too).  

AFTER 9/11 - WOULD YOU HAVE BELIEVED WE WOULD NOT BE HIT IN 8 YEARS?????

During Clinton:  Twin Towers 93', Cole, Kobar Towers, Marine Baracks in SA, Somalia.

Even OBL said he was emboldened by Somalia and how cowardly we acted over there.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2009, 08:45:11 AM »
AFTER 9/11 - WOULD YOU HAVE BELIEVED WE WOULD NOT BE HIT IN 8 YEARS?????

During Clinton:  Twin Towers 93', Cole, Kobar Towers, Marine Baracks in SA, Somalia.

Even OBL said he was emboldened by Somalia and how cowardly we acted over there.   

Yes and I can't even believe Bush allowed the first one to happen

All the Clinton ones you mention except the 93 bombing were outside the US

OK City was also during Clinton

Let's not forget that it's the President job to protect the country and 911 was the grandaddy of all failures in that regard.

Anyway, only 11 days left and our long national nightmare will soon be over but the stank will linger on

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2009, 08:55:47 AM »
Yes and I can't even believe Bush allowed the first one to happen

All the Clinton ones you mention except the 93 bombing were outside the US

OK City was also during Clinton

Let's not forget that it's the President job to protect the country and 911 was the grandaddy of all failures in that regard.

Anyway, only 11 days left and our long national nightmare will soon be over but the stank will linger on

so do you blame the liberal god FDR for Pearl Harbor?????????????

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2009, 09:27:46 AM »
so do you blame the liberal god FDR for Pearl Harbor?????????????

if he had multiple warnings, daily briefing, etc.... then yeah I would.

Plus, FDR actually defeated the country that attacked us. 

Too bad Bush can't say that

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2009, 09:49:50 AM »
One thing we must get passed is the extreme partisanship that makes us compare tit for tat.  Analyze each problem individually.  Is Caroline a good pick for the senate:  NO  Did the Bush administration make a bad decision invading Iraq:  YES.  We could argue about faulty intelligence and reasons why they were persuaded but, ultimately, it was a poor decision.
Seems every time we bring a new issue up for the democrats, it leads back to some mistake of the Bush administration.  Lets move forward.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2009, 10:00:58 AM »
One thing we must get passed is the extreme partisanship that makes us compare tit for tat.  Analyze each problem individually.  Is Caroline a good pick for the senate:  NO  Did the Bush administration make a bad decision invading Iraq:  YES.  We could argue about faulty intelligence and reasons why they were persuaded but, ultimately, it was a poor decision.
Seems every time we bring a new issue up for the democrats, it leads back to some mistake of the Bush administration.  Lets move forward.

I had this very debate with a friend of mine last week who lives in Palm Beach.  We were talking about the troubles on Wall Street and when I suggested that it would soon be time for some accountability he basically said, we shouldn't look back; we should simply "move forward."  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

I am a big believer in rewarding people when they do well and holding people accountable when they screw up.  My friend thought that investigating the woes on Wall Street would be a big waste of time and we should simply forget about "finding people to blame."  WTF!!!  :o

Are there other people who feel that way?

I still can't believe people think that the administration not capuring Osama BL is no big deal.  >:(

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2009, 10:08:52 AM »
What does this have to do with Caroline Kennedy?  Thats the subject of the thread.

In a topic that is directly influenced by past events & decisions, I understand, but there are many issues that aren't to which people respond by attacking 'the other side'.  I hate the two party system.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2009, 10:10:03 AM »
I had this very debate with a friend of mine last week who lives in Palm Beach.  We were talking about the troubles on Wall Street and when I suggested that it would soon be time for some accountability he basically said, we shouldn't look back; we should simply "move forward."  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

I am a big believer in rewarding people when they do well and holding people accountable when they screw up.  My friend thought that investigating the woes on Wall Street would be a big waste of time and we should simply forget about "finding people to blame."  WTF!!!  :o

Are there other people who feel that way?

I still can't believe people think that the administration not capuring Osama BL is no big deal.  >:(

What if he is dead and buried in a cave?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2009, 10:16:36 AM »
What if he is dead and buried in a cave?

What if catching him was never a priority to begin with?  Surely you remember when the President said he didn't know where OBL was and that he didn't "spend much time thinking about him."  He should have been stoned for that!  It was an insult to everyone who lost a family in the attack.   >:(

Similarly, his assertion to "bring 'em on" was an insult to everyone serving in harms way in Iraq.  >:(

This threading is getting a bit off topic so just let me repeat that Caroline is not the best choice for the Senate.  :(

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2009, 10:16:57 AM »
What does this have to do with Caroline Kennedy?  Thats the subject of the thread.

In a topic that is directly influenced by past events & decisions, I understand, but there are many issues that aren't to which people respond by attacking 'the other side'.  I hate the two party system.

yeah - I agree that it would be good if we can keep these threads on topic or at least close.

Bush deserves his own threads.

btw - so far I'm not impressed with Kennedy but then I don't live in NY and it has no effect on me either way.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2009, 10:18:37 AM »

yeah - I agree that it would be good if we can keep these threads on topic or at least close.

Bush deserves his own threads.

btw - so far I'm not impressed with Kennedy but then I don't live in NY and it has no effect on me either way.  

I do love in NYS and she is an embarassment.  We have many good quality people on all sides of the political isle who will never even get a look at because they are not a famous name or celebrity. 

Paterson is only going to pick her for her money raising potential for his candidacy in 2010.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2009, 11:00:42 AM »
A life in brief

Born: Caroline Bouvier Kennedy, 27 November 1957, in New York City.

Family: Daughter of US President John F Kennedy and his wife Jacqueline, and sister to John Junior, who was killed in a plane crash in 1999. An elder sister was stillborn in 1956, and another brother, Patrick, died two days after his birth in 1963. She married to Edwin Schlossberg, an interactive media designer at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, in 1986; they have two daughters and a son.

Early life: The family moved into the White House in January 1961. After her father's assassination they moved to Georgetown and then, fleeing from public view, back to New York. She studied at Harvard, graduating in 1979, and later at Columbia Law School, qualifying in 1988.

Career: Shortly after qualifying as a lawyer, "CBK" established the Profile in Courage Awards, and published her first book two years later in 1991. She continued to write and do volunteer work but held few full-time positions, with her most major role being as a fundraiser for New York City schools from 2002-4.[Drawing little attention to herself but working her society and corporate contacts, she raised more than $65m in private financial support for the schools. "She was a workhorse, not a show horse," Mr Klein said last week.]  She came out in support of Obama in January 2008. This week she announced her interest in the US Senate seat that is about to be vacated by Hillary Clinton, and which was held by her uncle Robert F Kennedy before his assassination in 1968.

She says: "I feel like I'm a Kennedy Democrat, a Clinton Democrat. Chuck Schumer, Barack Obama, these are all leaders whose values I share, the kinds of values I'd bring to the job."

They say: "Caroline Kennedy can do anything." Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York

!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2009, 11:03:21 AM »
A life in brief

Born: Caroline Bouvier Kennedy, 27 November 1957, in New York City.

Family: Daughter of US President John F Kennedy and his wife Jacqueline, and sister to John Junior, who was killed in a plane crash in 1999. An elder sister was stillborn in 1956, and another brother, Patrick, died two days after his birth in 1963. She married to Edwin Schlossberg, an interactive media designer at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, in 1986; they have two daughters and a son.

Early life: The family moved into the White House in January 1961. After her father's assassination they moved to Georgetown and then, fleeing from public view, back to New York. She studied at Harvard, graduating in 1979, and later at Columbia Law School, qualifying in 1988.

Career: Shortly after qualifying as a lawyer, "CBK" established the Profile in Courage Awards, and published her first book two years later in 1991. She continued to write and do volunteer work but held few full-time positions, with her most major role being as a fundraiser for New York City schools from 2002-4.[Drawing little attention to herself but working her society and corporate contacts, she raised more than $65m in private financial support for the schools. "She was a workhorse, not a show horse," Mr Klein said last week.]  She came out in support of Obama in January 2008. This week she announced her interest in the US Senate seat that is about to be vacated by Hillary Clinton, and which was held by her uncle Robert F Kennedy before his assassination in 1968.

She says: "I feel like I'm a Kennedy Democrat, a Clinton Democrat. Chuck Schumer, Barack Obama, these are all leaders whose values I share, the kinds of values I'd bring to the job."

They say: "Caroline Kennedy can do anything." Michael Bloomberg, Mayor of New York

"Career"?  I was looking for the part that talked about her job, but didn't see it.  Has this woman really never had a job? 

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2009, 11:23:31 AM »
Get with the program you 2nd rate, lower class, sub-citizen peasants. Royalty is back!

Charles, Prince of Wales
Royalty
Name at birth: Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor

The eldest child of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles is the heir to the British throne. He was born to Elizabeth and Prince Philip in 1948, a year after their marriage and four years before Elizabeth became queen. Charles was made Prince of Wales in 1958 and served as a pilot and commander in the Royal Navy from 1971-76. In 1981 he married Lady Diana Spencer in one of the century's grandest royal weddings. The match proved a bad one; the couple separated in 1992 and were divorced in 1996, the year before Diana's untimely death in a Paris auto crash. The union produced "the heir and a spare," Prince William (born 1982) and Prince Henry (also called Harry, born 1984). After Diana's death, Charles acknowledged having had a lengthy relationship with Camilla Parker-Bowles. After a period of unofficial companionship, the two were married in a civil ceremony on 9 April 2005. Charles is known as a keen outdoorsman who enjoys polo and hunting and is active in environmental issues. Charles also has a special interest in architecture and has been an outspoken (and controversial) critic of much modern architecture in Britain.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2009, 12:26:46 PM »
Thats nice but she is not qualified and shouldn't be appointed.  Appointments are mostly bullshit anyway, they should have an election.